DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's going to be a lovely day here on the gold coast. Mid 80's, clear, soft breeze. I hear they're getting some of those monsoons down Guy's way. Hope he don't go outside, he'll wash away.
Hope you're weather holds out for you, Chuck. I'll think about you racin while I'm wrenching.
Y'all have a gooden!
hug hug to all my ladies.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Michelle just called me, Madi won first round at the junior dragster national event at Bristol! Go Madi!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning,raining here today,which is ok,cause I can't do alot anyway,but hate it for those trying to race,oh well................. Banging Head............................

Go Madi Car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya'll have a gooden and prayers all around,and stay dry,and maybe just maybe,we'll all have a wonderful day............ Praying...............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
It's going to be an oven around here for a while. Temps at 100+ for the next week. That ought to make for a pretty warm evening of racing today.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Hey Mike, how ya feelin? Stay in oughta the rain, don't want that new joint to rust. Tongue
Go Madi! Michell is turnin into a good crew chief. Car
I'll be out in the garage chasin my gremlins. The rollers on my T&D shaft rockers seem to have some bad bearings. I don't know if that's enough to cause the gap to close up but it all depends where the bearings were when I checked it. Gotta send them off to get them fixed. I think I'll buy a couple of spares for the future.
Y'all have a gooden!
hug hug to all my ladies.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Had a fun day with my son yesterday tearing my motor apart. Found some bad valve springs so we pulled the heads and they are going to Mikeo, our local head guru, for a valve job, new springs and a little tune up in the port area.
Now I just sit back and relax till all my parts get back.
Y'all have a gooden! hug hug to all my ladies.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Sunday Morning,Floyd I think it's great you and your son have such a great relationship,it reminds me of me and my Dad,we never raced together,but we worked everyday together,since I was old enough to walk,wouldn't trade it for nothing,anyway it's great to have a good relationship with your family,I wish I had a better friendship with my brother,and sisters,we have all grown apart,and I will be the first to admit that it is partly my fault for letting us all grow apart,sorry for the long family history story,it's all going to be good in the end............................ Praying hug................................................

Sure hope Madi had a fun weekend at Bristol this weekend and if Madi had fun the rest of the family,I'm sure did,winning rds.is great,but spending time with your family is pricless................ hug........................................

Report on Mom,she's gone to Church this morning with Hope,she sure looked weak,but had a full head of steam headed to Church,she loves going to Church.................. Angel.........................

Well sure hope Guys ok sure do miss him checking in,prayers sent to all my GMDrr family,and ya'll have a gooden,and hopefully we'll see ya'll after bit........................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike, good news about mom. Praying

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning All,ya'll just got saved from the longest rambling post in the history of the Gmdrr thread,so it bound to not have been to be,oh well,onward and upward,I do wonder where those post disapprear to when they just take off...............

Ya'll have a gooden and prayers all around,hope our friend Guy is ok,and to all that got to race this weekend,sure hope it was fun and safe,see ya'll after bit,God Bless ya'll........................................................

Hey Chuck Wave ............................

Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Gang!!!

Been a few days since I stopped in!! Coffee is GOOD not worthy

School is starting this week so been busy getting the kids ready!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

How did Madi do???

Praying hug Praying hug

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 422 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Happy Shark Week! Monday again... can't wait for this week to be over, then it's beach time with the family. Stunk it up second round, after doing real well keeping my focus first round when I was staged up and on the converter, only to get backed out because the other guy didn't see his dial was wrong until he prestaged.

Not sure what round it was, but Madi lost on Saturday. They run the first round Friday, then the rest Saturday. I don't want to take away Michelle's thunder, so I'll let her post up... but rest assured she and Rick are raising a true sportsman... sportswoman? sportsgirl? Aahh you know what I mean.

Glad you found the problem Floyd, hope you're not down too long or for too much $$$. That is cool you and your son work together and race together. I'm hoping my nieces or nephews will want to do that with me.

Hi Mike! Wave Good to hear about mom. I'm sure you know this, but nothing says you can't grow back closer with your brother and sisters, especially if your heart is as open for them as it is for us. Just sayin' Smile

Nicole, still can't get into coffee. Starbucks frappacinos is as close as I can come. Big Grin Man, school starts early there, and in Kentucky, where my friend's son start school this week too.

Finished off the weekend by cruising to the DQ and meeting up with Christine and the boys. She has Mark's '69 Mach I street legal and inspected, so she drove that, Joey drove his '88 Mustang, Jerry drove the Ranchero, I had the Cutlass, and Luke came up on his bike. Good stuff!

Prayers needed for Bob, please... he's got double pneumonia.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck, we do have fun together except he's so damned stubborn. Wonder where he got that? Must have been from his mother. Confused

Prayers and thoughts go out to Bob J. I'm real sorry to here that. Bob, get your self a shot of nitrous, that should clear it up.
Praying Angel hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning DrrGM folks,another foggy day in aug.means snow in nov.old wise tale,and I'm not talking about the old wise tale Guy,J/K..........boy I hope he's ok,and speaking of wise tales Big Grin,Floyd,you bout to get that truck fixed,ok I'm done polking fun.....for now................ Hum Tongue...............................

Well ya'll have a gooden and prayers to all our missing members and I hope they all,are in good shape and are not having a bad time,and prayers to all in need............ Praying........................................

Hey Chuck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wave.................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Afternoon all! Cloudy hazy humid Tuesday hear. Good day to be in the AC.

Floyd, both my parents are stubborn, so I know where I got it from. Big Grin

Saw on Guy's FB that he gets the schnozz surgery Thursday I think.

Sorry for the confusion, I meant Bob Deniker has the double pneumonia. Of course, still pulling hard for BobJ.

Hi Mike! Wave

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
"Schnoz" surgery put off! Had nuclear heart study done this morning and cardiologist says heart is not up to it! Says my heart is functioning at 20-25% of capacity and will undergo an angiogram on Monday to see what is plugging things up! Got in Monday and have roto-rooter job and to try and determine why this has gone unnoticed by the flock of doctors I have been to in past year! Somebody is covering their "behind" and not take care of mine like they should have! More news as it becomes available! Mad Banging Head censored Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
It's Humpday.
Gonna be over 100 again around here today. I stayed home yesterday because i got sick from the heat Monday. Hoping it doesn't happen today.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
A Good Morning All,Guy glad you checked in,you take care of them young Drs.you know they got to pay for them golfing outings and for them new sports cars,I mean if they didn't keep running us throught the test mill,how would they survive.............. I'm stupid...............get well soon my friend,and keep the sunny side up OK.......................... Praying................................

Mouse it is Hot everywhere,this weather front is bad,I saw on the news yesterday out in Kansas,and I'm sure in Okla.too,they are cows dieing by the thousands,from the heat,it's a bad time right now,the dog days of summer has been some bad days this year,worst I can remember since I was a kid,they will be over with by next Wed.I believe,I hope when it's over it'll takes the snakes with it(dog days that is)I can't remember a year that the snakes have been any worse,they all around my junk,so I'm kinda glad junks cheap right now,I will just letter lay,when it hot and snakey,take care Mouse and watch that heat it is dangerous...........................

Well ya'll have a gooden and prayers to all in need,going to take Mom to visit her sister that lives down in N.C. its only a short trip,but she's been wanting to go for a while,but the feel bads,seem to stop us all the time,maybe today,well getter done............... Smile......................

Hey Chuck, Wave.....................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Morning gang, missed you guys! Got a second to get on here & it wasn't here, lol so I'm going to be long winded as Mike would say. Kids go back to school Monday, Madi Girl's b'day is Thursday...got some crazy stuff going on with school, just praying I make the right decisions. As much as I hate to say it, Pittsburgh is not a definite at this point..so looking forward to seeing you guys tho..we'll see. Chuck, are you still going out of town?
Sending our thoughts & prayers to Bob, Guy, Mom Hawks, Mike-hope you are healing nicely & e'one else too!
Something else we have in common Floyd, Daddy always said I'd argue with a brick wall...and stand there till it moved! Big Grin
Coffee is good Nicole! Like Chuck said, Madi is such a trooper, she so amazes me. After winning 1st rd, we had to wait through rain, rain & rain but the friends we met at the coast who had never been to a drag race came up, brought the kids a pirate book & Skip Bo cards-so we played cards & had a great time. When racing started Madi lost a close race the next rd & said when she pulled off the track one of sev chaplains standing there came up to her jr & asked her how she was feeling, Madi said she looked at her confusedly & said "ummmmm....okay?>?>?" As we got to her, we were looking around & saw kids who were wiping tears, throwing gloves, one even outside the jr laid across the rollcage just sobbing with sev comforting her. We & our friends said to Madi, you did great, we're proud of you, she looked at us with one of those lil half smiles & said matter of factly "I'll get 'em next year." Wink

Lil Man decided he does want to race while we were out there, he & Madi talked about racing all the way home, she was telling him all about what to do, how to drive, how to act-win or lose, how Dad would have the jr set for him & Mom would tell him exactly how to drive each race...Rick & I had the biggest smiles just listening to them, life is full of the good moments~we just have to stop & enjoy them.

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Morning, checking in real fast. Well let me start by saying, I missed you guys!

Good job Madi, you are a true sportswoman!! That's the way to be, and you will get'em next year! You come from good stock!! So proud of you!! Michelle & Hot Legs, you did good with your kids! So sorry to hear that you can't make it up, but like Madi said, "I'll get 'em next year!" Just be safe and happy!!

Guy, what can I say except, it's a medical practice, not a repair facility!! Saying prayers for you!

Floyd, keep the pictures coming on FB! Thinking of you!!

Mike, saying prayers for your Mom, she's on a journey! You and your Mannie are in my thoughts!

Chuck, enjoy your vacation! not worthy

I'm headed to mine! Will be leaving Monday for a long awaited get away to Florida! I will make sure the pilot blows the horn as we pass over Virginia!!

Well, school is done now till August 19th and this is now my full time job. The shop has new owners, it's a family owned business once again! I have fulfilled all of Mark's wishes as of yesterday, except for the ones between him and I. I will tend to those in Florida! What a roller coaster it has been, but this girl is just about had enough and maybe it's time to switch rides!

Thinking of Nikki this week and this month. I will be attending a very special birthday party on Sunday and I wouldn't miss it for the world! Thinking of all our special Angels that are in heaven and all our loved ones here on Earth. If only heaven had just a peep-hole so we could look in! But I can't stop time and I have tried, I just know Angels are watching us!!

So look out Florida, here I come!! Miss you guys and love ya all!!

Mom wants ice-cream!!
Angel hug Angel hug Ice Cream Wave

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Hump day! Light at the end of my tunnel! Woo hoo! Big Grin

Guy, we're all pulling for you. I hope the news you'll have coming out is good.

Mouse, that's too warm. Don't take the heat lightly. Friends have scared the heck out of me getting heat sick.

Hi Mike! Wave I hope mom gets her visit, and gets a lift from it.

Michelle, if you are coming in on Friday, I would come up after work to visit in the evening. We're leaving in the wee hours Saturday morning for the beach. That is so cool Lil Man is going to race, and has big sis giving him lessons! That gives me a grin, so I can only imagine how good that was for you and Rick!

Christine left out some facts... she finished her first semester a straight A, 4.0 student! not worthy And that her flight number going to FL ends in 53! Thinking of Nikki too. I think heaven has the peephole, but it's for them to watch over us, like in the Steve Wariner song.

I thought we'd grow old together
Lord I sure do miss her now

But there's holes in the floor of Heaven
and her tears are pourin' down
that's how you know she's watchin'
wishin' she could be here now
and sometimes when I'm lonely
I remember she can see
there's holes in the floor of Heaven
and she's watchin' over you and me

Puts a lump in my throat every time. Praying Angel Angel hug