DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning gang,hot,hot hot,I would hate to know I had to do anything out in the heat,right now................ Hum.............maybe in a few weeks it'll staighten up,and we can get back to some more normal cooler temp,one can only hope....................... Praying.........................................

OK Guy and Floyd you two take it easy in this heat,and prayers all around,and hopefully we'll see ya'll afterwhile.................................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Yeah Mike, I'm going to take it easy, right. I think I got a couple of bad lifters in the truck. I did all my fuel system, serviced it, fired her up yesterday and it still runs like crap. Checked the valve lash and I got a couple of lifters that feel spongey. That's not right cause I got solid rollers. Guess the manifold is the first thing to come off.
See y'all later. censored

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Morning ALL!!

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 422 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning all,hope everybody had a fun and safe,and cool weekend,it looks to be a stormy week around here again this week,but we can really use the rain,mighty dry.......................................

Mouse ,Nicole,Michelle,Chuck,and Floyd and Guy,Bob J,Christen,Kimmy,and Marty and hopefully I didn't forget anyone,just want to say thanks for your prayers during this time,I've been down,it's been kinda tough,but with friends like ya'll,it makes it easier to face the day,and I think a good attitude goes along way to healing up,and another thanks for praying for Mom,she's not doing well,and I think with the Drs.telling her that her heart was only 25% she's really just kinda given up,she says she ready to go see her loved ones and be with Dad,and I understand her feelings,but still dread the day,when it comes,so thanks again dear friends and may God Bless you every step this week and may your days be so bight,you can see his face and find comfort in him................ Praying hug........................................

Ok ya'll have a gooden and prayers to all,and we'll see ya'll later......................................

WaveHey Chuck,my friend .............................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Afternoon all! Monday Monday... ah well, beats the alternative. Man it was hot on Saturday. Drank enough water to float away on, if I didn't sweat it all out. Shook off the Bristol funk, won the rounds I was supposed to win, made it to 4th round before losing to the eventual winner. The rain moved in yesterday before we could start time trials and washed the racing out, but at least it cooled everything off.

It was awesome to see Christine back in her race car on Saturday. I know it was hard, not having Mark in his usual spot at the water box, but he was there, I know he was. And even though she is back on the bottom, she didn't lose a step! .012 on the first hit!

hi Mike my friend! Wave Man, you are getting a lot of new parts. I hope the docs check the balance and blueprinting on you... you might end up with bad harmonics if they don't... wouldn't want you to throw a "rod" Tongue I'm stupid Prayers continue for mom, sure hope she feels better. What's Mannie getting into these days?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning,kinda stormy around here again today,got a little rain last night,man we sure need it,so very thankful for the rain...................... Praying............................................

Hey Chuck Wave...........Mannie says hey too,he's spending his summer,playing with all the small wilflife he can find around the creeks and ponds,he's collected several frogs,and bugs of all sizes,and lizards,you know things that interest a 8yr.olds mind,anyway with me being laid up with the surgrey,he's been sadisfied with watching the birds and gathering wildlife when he finds it,and then turns it back loose after a couple of days,so I quess you could say he's having a normal 8yr.old boys summer.................................thanks for asking.....................................

Well ya'll have at it,and Mom called out to the house this morning(we live side by side)and said she was feeling better today,so thanks for the prayers,and I hope everybody has a wonderful day,and prayers all around,and we'll see ya'll afterwhile......................................................................................

Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Morning ALL!

Wow that is great news about Christine getting back in the car! bow Chuck glad you were there to watch......

Mike sounds like Mannie is having a blast Smile Good to hear you and Mom are startin to feel better Praying

It stormed here last night here to sometimes it sounded like the lightening hit right next to the house. . . . but it didnt get us Eyes Tongue

Hope Tues. goes better than Monday for all!!

Praying hug Praying hug

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 422 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Beauty of a day yesterday after Sunday's rain, and looking that way for the weekend too... fingers crossed. I want to run the 1/4 mile again! Tired of only using half the track.

Here is Christine in the car. First 2 pics are first time run. The third pic, my friend Shelly broke, and I gave her my car to run, and she paired up with Christine in the second time trial.

Hi Mike! Wave Sounds like Mannie is having a good summer, doing the things boys are supposed to do. 8 or 80, we still like the critters! Big Grin Good to hear mom feels better, hope she's onward and upward as well as you.

Ice Cream Ice Cream hug

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Morning my wonderful friends!! I know it's been a while, but I'm still here! Still moving!

Mike, sure hope you feel so much better, been keeping your Mom in my prayers!

Well, school is just about finished. Thursday is finals and one semester done! So many things have come to an end now. The shop has new owners, but I'm okay. I held it together at the closing but before and after was a differnt story!

I did go racing on Saturday and boy was that hard! I still can't believe I had a good light through the tears, couldn't even see the tree! But I did it! I had to face that fear too of not seeing Mark waiting for me in the water box! But he was there!

August in fast approaching and I do not like August. Too many Angels went to heaven in that month especially my Dad and Nikki! And, that's when Mark really started to get sick! Missing them all!

I hope to be in Florida soon! Need to regroup!

Sending so many prayers and thoughts to everyone! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your love and support! We still are going to have that DRR reunion someday!! I guess we all have to learn to adapt!

Mark's Mach 1 will be ready very soon and I have a feeling there where will be quite a few of us going to have ice-cream!!

Here's one big hug for everyone!!

hug Ice Cream Angel Wave

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Hi Christine, I'm proud of ya! I know what you mean about the tears. I had them too the first pass after. Just make sure you keep a picture in the car. We've got a lane director out here, Harold Owens, and he always asks me to see the picture of "our" girl before I head to the line. It's a special moment.
Mike, keep up the good work and best to mom.
hug hug to all my ladies.

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,it's funny you all are talking about pictures,in the car,I keep a pic.of dad on my sun visior,it still seems like at times,I'm going to see him at my next stop,it'll be two yrs.thankgiving this yr.and don't seem possible it could be two yrs.

So Floyd and Christen,I'm with ya'll in missing my loved ones,so we'll pray today to have peace in our hearts,from our lost love ones........................... Praying hug.........................................................

Well hope everybody has a good wed.and gets ready for the down hill side to the weekend,God Bless all and prayers to all in need,and we'll see ya'll afterwhile.........................................

Hey Chuck Wave .................Mannie wants to know if you want him to send you some crawfish and frogs to the city,he said Chuck needs some frogs Dad,I told him I figured you had some frog,but it was nice of him to think of others............. Wink Big Grin....................................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Good mornin' all! Over center day! Doing the anti rain dance, weather has changed a little to throw the R word possibility in there.

Christine, you ROCK!! I know Mark was there too. I was wondering on the shop status. August is bittersweet... my parents 49th anniversary is on the 5th, and 2 of my nieces birthdays are the 15th and 20th. The Delmont DQ has a cruise every Sunday from 5pm-8pm... just sayin', in case the Mach I ready this Sunday. Big Grin

Floyd, that sounds like a great moment. Put a lump in my throat.

Hi Mike! Wave I'd love some frogs and crawfish, but I wouldn't be around enough to give them the attention they deserve. Ask him to name one of the frogs he lets stay free for me, and we'll call that one "Chuck's frog." Big Grin

Maybe we can make the WFC V the GM DRR reunion? Just sayin' Big Grin

Ice Cream hug

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
hi Gang Wave

Good job Ma B, so very proud of you. Great texting with ya Chuck! We are heading to Bristol for lil Miss Madi to run in the Eastern conference finals!!!!!! she is so excited!! of course, us & Lil Man are too! hope you all have a great weekend! Prayers all around...

hugz to our lil Mannie Man!!!! hug

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning all,going be another hot one,around here,so the Ac is going to be on overtime again................... Banging Head Big Grin...................but it's all good................................

Well here's hoping every bodies has a good day,and hope that Madi girl has a good weekend and everybody be safe and cool,prayers to all and we'll see ya'll after bit.......................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Almost Friday! Hoping any rain today is out of here early, so I can hit the gamblers race at PRP tonight.

Good luck Madi! I'll try to remember to text and see how things are going on raceday. I hope you all have a good time.

Good luck on finals today, Christine! And the rain better hold off Saturday and Sunday. The DQ cruise will be fun.

You doing alright Mouse? You been quiet.

Hi Mike! Wave

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's my Friday so I'm looking forward to finding out what's wrong with my motor. Gotta do the leak down first and then decide whether to pull the heads or not. One of the guy's at Dart told me a tuliped valve would be highly unusual but it is possible. He said they use the best valves they can. He also said a seat moving is hard to imagine but it is possible. He want's me to tell him what I find so he can advise other customers. The lifters should be back to Comp by now, I just hope they check them quick so I don't go to far with my tear down.
You all have a gooden!
hug hug to all my ladies.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning,going to be alittle less humid around here the next couple of days,so that'll make it a little easier to breathe....................

Here's hoping ya'll have a wonderful day,Hey Chuck Wave.....................Prayers all around and we'll see ya'll afterwhile...................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Happy Friday! Going to be absolutely gorgeous day here, high 70s, sunny, no humidity.

Lost round 1 in the gamblers race last night to my friend Steve in his dragster dialed 8.72 t0 my 12.17. I was .030, he was .035, I gave up the stripe by .023, he went dead on with an 8. If I stayed flat I just would have made the MOV tighter, like .01 or so. Ah well. Good to run the quarter again. I much prefer to use the whole track, and not just half of it. Now I just hope the rain holds off tomorrow and we get the day in. And that it holds off Sunday and we can cruise the DQ. Big Grin Ice Cream

Good luck with the engine Floyd. I hope the leakdown shows something, so at least you know what direction to look.

Hi Mike! Wave Mannie name me a frog yet? Big Grin

You all have a great weekend, and don't forget the ice cream.
hug Ice Cream