DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Is it me or did it seem like it took forever to stage the jr dragsters for the run-off and track championship runs? Don't know much about jr dragsters but I would expect a simular amount of heat to build up in the engines just sitting on the line as does the Big cars. I would have to believe it would not have been tolerated in the Top or Mod classes. I'm just asking.

Posts: 84 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
jr's dont have autostart..so they quickly learn how to burn each other down..mostly because of us bad parents.lol Busted

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Ruby:
Is it me or did it seem like it took forever to stage the jr dragsters for the run-off and track championship runs? Don't know much about jr dragsters but I would expect a simular amount of heat to build up in the engines just sitting on the line as does the Big cars. I would have to believe it would not have been tolerated in the Top or Mod classes. I'm just asking.

Chris, yes it makes a BIG difference in the amount of heat the engine has when you make a pass. Hotter than normal it will run quick and colder than normal it will run slower.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MadMonte454,

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If this is the case that they're trying to burn another car down, it's time for the Jr. dragsters to have Autostart too. Every one of the specific classes has it's own set of rules for the bracket they run in. But all the classes should abide by the tracks or organizations Procedure rules. And I'm sure in the procedure rules it says timely and courtesy staging rules apply. The basis of the Jr. dragsters is teaching proper race procedures and sportsmanship along with the competition. Lets not start bad habits early.
Also, maybe the rules and procedures should be on the webpage or printed out and handed out so folks know.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The jr's do have auto start and the kids are not doing anything at all. There is nothing other than courtesy for how long it takes you to send the car to get pre-staged.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
each jr and jr parent have their own set procedures before they send their car to the beams. i know i for one, will always wait and watch the other car before i send ryan to the beams. usually the parents will look at each other and indicate that are ready to go.
if a parent sends their car to the beams before that, then make sure your car doesnt get hot.
almost like if someone constantly double bulbs.
i always told ryan , if someone does that, sit back, grab a sandwich then go in when he is ready.
also like andy said, jrs are on auto start, but you need 3 bulbs lit up before it starts counting down.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ok, I was going by Bill's post that the Jr's don't use the Autostart. I stand corrected.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
That was us, and I wasn't trying to burn anyone down.
You guys are right the juniors have a very narrow temp window. We ran one pass that night, Andy and Andrew were doing well and made it to the finals of the gamblers race.... at least I think they did??
Our car absolutly needs to be above 148 degrees to launch clean in cool air, it was 64.8 degrees air temp on that run, I just looked back through our log of all year. On May 30th 2009 we made a run at 68.7 degrees. Ya maybe I took a little longer to get staged than normal, I don't know, I was trying to get our egt up with our carbs air bleed adjuster.

.......Put yourself in my shoes, would you send your son up to stage knowing full well that your car was going to launch-cough and probably run at least a tenth slow? or would you take.... what anouther 10 to 20 seconds adjust the carb and prestage?

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
steve, i would have done the exact same thing.

like i said before, i always wait till the other car is ready to go up before i send ryan up.
there are ways to keep it cool, lower idle then bring it up before you send them to the beams, richer jetting, ect.

you did nothing but give your son a car that he could compete in. which any dad would have done the same.

you did nothing wrong at all!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeffrey10x2,

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Me and Steve talked about it and he said it wasn't intentional, and thats where it will be left.

Now heck with this crap and go kick some tail at the bracket finals!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MadMonte454,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i rescued a puppy today and it needs a good home..cute as h ell!!looks like a small lab or something of that breed.blonde in color male about 10-12 weeks old..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey guys I am wondering if the ghost and gobbling race is gonna be run 1/8 mile also like the dragster race or if it is gonna be 1/4 mile? Thanks

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Only the dragster race will be 1/8th mile. The no-box/box racing all 3 days is scheduled to be 1/4 mile.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck!

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It's going to be a fun weekend. I look forward to it every year. Stay tuned for the flyer with the details... Greg is working hard on making the racing really nice.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Anyone close to Delmont or the track have 4 corner scales to get my car on and see what it weighs? I want to change the front springs but not until I see how much is hanging over the front.

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the Vasbinders on their jr. track championship....job well done guys Smile

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Good job Thomas on your championship.
Keep that hard working crew of yours.
They only need a "thank you" for their pay.
Obviously ...

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MadMonte454:
Me and Steve talked about it and he said it wasn't intentional, and thats where it will be left.

Now heck with this crap and go kick some tail at the bracket finals!!

Well said Andy. Glad to hear it. I'm sure in the heat of the moment it may have seemed like a long time, but I'm SURE it was not intentional.

Way to go Thomas AND Andrew. We will be well represented at the Finals!

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Steve and Thomas and My apologies!
The situation was not of your doing and My actions were not warranted. , My apologies to Gregg also U didn't make this mess but had to endure my ranting, good thing you have big shoulders!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post