DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. Congrats to The mopar guys at Norwalk. Awesome job AJ and Nick. Had a lot of fun racing Friday and Sunday! Thats what its all about!

Posts: 130 | Location: greensburg pa | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
good luck to all team PRP members this weekend at the bracket finals.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thank you Andrew.

Yeah Ed I that was it. Back when the lanes were in front of the tower. LOL.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
now your starting to show your age!! Busted

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
u go greg!!! Bud and I created the wheel cause it's in your face for everyone to see! no cheating or picking specific cars. There were times back in the early 90's when we used cards and STILL people thought Tom Blair was cheating cause they thought he knew what cards were in his pocket. Also with the wheel, u don't go back and count cars and sit and think about who you will race for 5-10 min
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Galanda:
quote:
Originally posted by AJ Casini:
Thats a great thing to bring back. I used to like the wheel myself. However I would be for using cards or balls...

OMG the wheel. I remember that thing from running Heavy class of old Keystone days Rolling

It would suck sometimes when your lane never came up and you just sat there for what seemed like forever.

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good luck to Team PRP at the bracket finals! Hope the weather holds up!

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

WOW MR.YENICA ITS SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN!AND I DO AGREE WITH YOU THIS WAS A NICE WAY TO DO AWAY WITH PEOPLE PICKING WHAT LANE AND WHO THEY ARE RACING AND AGAIN IT WAS REALLY NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU YENICA (THANKS FOR YOUR TWO CENTS) U-R-A-1-A-B

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Does any one know is Quaker going to the bracket final??? Their website says they are, but on PRP site it says no, on the attending tracks list, there name is not on the list??? Plus quaker say they are running a regular program on saturday, with all of there racers at pittsburgh??? It does not make any sence at all

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes, they're coming. The IHRA must have forgotten to include them in the original list of teams.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Andy and Marty please call me or PM. First thing in the morning preferably. Thanks guys.

Posts: 104 | Location: Avonmore | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Can't wait, looking forward to having a lot of fun this weekend!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Greg please don't let Scott warm the camaro up this weekend. Last time he cracked the block as he forgot to turn the water pump and fans on then mixes alky from the dragster with racing fuel and puts it in the motor... Sorry Scott you had that one coming for awhile. More so after firing up the new motor and he pulls the dipstick out and says look its full of water again. I was like that guy in the tv commercial (think with your dipstick Jimmy) except i was going to wack scott with that dipstick.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Turk,

Bill Turk

Posts: 179 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
So Bill did you whack Scotty with the dipstick and yell JIMMMMMY Rolling

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to say congrats to Joey Devola on the KOS race-- and Kevin Romeo on the runner up--You guys did a bang up job with all the entries, and buy backs. Greg-- The random pick was a GREAT idea-- I think it was done very fairly, and everyone seemed to like it. Thanks to all who attended, and we're looking forward to the GGG weekend. Good luck to all our participants in the brackets.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
Deniker motor wouldnt of broke......

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Scotty you got the motor hot enough it melted the brass plug blocking the water pump port. Poor little motor, it was nothing but nice to you.. Smile

Bill Turk

Posts: 179 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
As usual a wonderful weather forecast, from the looks of it the bracket finals will still be running wednesday Banging Head
Mother nature cut us a break! Praying

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
As it still pours down rain with thunder and lightening this morning, we finished up the brackets yest with a practice tree race. There was not much choice in the matter but the track operators had to choose in majority, it was not IHRA's call like some of the other teams thought. The choices was sit it out till next day available "thursday" or pull tech cards "not fair for someone already left and choose not to participate to have the chance of winning a class" and last was to do the practice tree race with a pro 400 tree. majority rolled. 3 other options was not enough to interest some of the other operators in which I personnally was in favor for either was go back to your local track and have a run off and send your top 2 from each class to our GGG and finish brackets and a select few said no, another idea was from our own Dave Dortenzo in finishing them next year with the 2010 brackets and that would be no extra expense and a few had valid reasons why we couldn't do that and another was to come back in the spring and finish but that left alot of extra expenses and this event is already in the hole. So unfortunately the weekend finished in my thoughts the best way it could under the cards we was dealt but certainly was not how anyone wanted to finish. I seen a few remarks over the track operators race in which I really cant believe that people are seriously gripping about the closest to the dial and were all bracket racers, just because the announcer made the wrong announcement from standing on the starting line guys are whining, please. How many guys tree someone go down and run further off the dial and take the stripe and lose cause there opponent was closer to there dial with a bad light, lmao that is just funny to me.

With this said I want to congratulate our team win or lose and for being sportsman about the whole weekend, I also want to congratulate Josh for winning the team captains race in the rain and congratulations to Jesse Bone on his Bike class win. Joe Conti for going to the semi's and Jason Weaver going down to 6 cars. The Jr's I apologize for not being able to watch the whole thing with you guys and girls but they had me run for equipment stuff. Sorry again but if anyone can ad about the jr's " Andy, Marty, Steve, Bill, Benish" please add.

I also wish we had a much bigger place so that we all could of been TOGETHER AS A TEAM during the tree race but was unable to do so for the lack of space and needing just the class racers up there. We finished 3rd and lost 1st by 6 and 2nd by 2. Good job to everyone.

On a personal note mother nature wanted the other teams to have a fair chance lol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Greg M,

Posts: 104 | Location: Avonmore | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
O also one more thing, Can everyone bring there team shirts to GGG so we can do our own winners circle pictures with Josh and Jesse, I would like to have true winners circle pictures. Josh make sure you drive the rave race car.

O and Thanks Bill for making sure the motor was done for the practice tree race

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
check this link out, the track operators race was done on this format that everyone is aware of the index racing.

http://www.dragway42.com/newsa...sarchive2009-01.html