DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 781 782 783 784 785 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your license! Sounds like you had a good time.

Thanks for the good luck! I'll need it this next week.

Hope all is well with everyone!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2568 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well BT I been busy. I was up in Baltimore for some business for a couple of days and have made a couple of trips to the Dr on the way to the coming knee replacement. Too much to do. I also got another year older. My friend ran super gas for a few years and actually won ONCE! Spent about a million on that adventure and finally said enough. I have still not been to the race track. Everyone stay safe

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks like I may get to race this weekend. Rumor is that Roxboro has a 2, maybe 3, day race this weekend. So I am loaded and ready to go at about 2pm. Will see how that goes as you can' get there from here, not far but not easy. Everyone stay safe.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good luck out there Fern. I think CCRA and CCMP is having their season opener as Roxboro this weekend as well. They put on a good show. Hopefully, once I get my tranny back, I’ll be able to hit a few races with them.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 111 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That’s right BT. Got to see Tabatha and Robbie. Known them a long time. Lots of old friends here I even won a couple of rounds. More tomorrow

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Fern, glad ya won some rounds. Hope todays race goes well for ya. Robbie and Tabitha are good folks. He helped my brother out a lot with the superstocker I have now. He knows his way around a clutch car pretty darn well. I almost always have Tabitha order my go fast goodies and have them shipped here. I get same or better prices from her as I would with the big name folks. Nice folks, so I try to do my part to support them. She does one helluva job running CCRA/CCMP, along with Mrs Flynt (dammit, I can't remember her name).

Still waiting on my tranny, so car sits in the trailer. Guy said it should be ready Monday of last week. I guess they don't have my phone number to call me and say done or not done? No biggie. I've been so busy with work, It's not something I'd get to soon anyway. I didn't bother to call them to check up on it yet. I'll call tomorrow and have them ship it, if it's ready. Probably be another couple weeks before I get to work on the car anyway.

B King, how's the fling going out there? Pretty sure one of the guys that was at Hawley's school with me a couple weeks ago, is there. Nice fella from Utah, name Paul but I don't remember his last name. Drives a pipe rack. Probably describes a lot of guys out there, LOL... Hope you're getting plenty of win lights.

Time to get the steaks ready for the smoker and plant my little veggie garden. Hope all y'all are having a great weekend and have a great week....

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 111 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It was a good weekend, good weather, lots of good friends I had not seen in a long time, and my car as usual was perfect but the driver was, as usual, lacking. Got home last night at midnight. Pretty good track and I will go again. Only complaint was the Jrs running 50mph down through the pits, not all but many parents not picking them up at the end of the track after a run. They need to fix that before someone gets hurt. A great weekend!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
BTR,

It was my worst outing for the Spring Fling. I have to take time to evaluate my program, mainly myself.

Fern,

Sounds like you had a great time & did well.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2568 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
BKing it beats farming!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Where is Floyd?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good evening y'all. Hope you've all had a great weekend and managed to get some quality time at the dragstrip.

Looks like I'm almost caught up on work now, so I can start setting time aside to work on the car again. Still don't have the tranny back yet though. Funny thing,,, I've called them 2 weeks ago and twice last week. Was told 2 weeks ago, it should be ready to send home that week. Didn't happen. I spoke to their guy again last Monday. He said it would be ready to ship by Tuesday. Didn't happen... LOL... Called again Friday afternoon and it seems I finally spoke to the fella who knows what's up, I think. Told me he just got it torn down, and is optimistic it will be done early this coming week. No clue where the breakdown in communication has been between their cust svc guy and the man actually working on it, but glad I got to speak with someone who seems to know what's up. Not irritated with them, I do understand getting swamped and getting behind on things, along with customers who bring in "emergency" jobs and have to have it done now. Happens to me sometimes and it's tough to satisfy them all. Thankfully I've been too busy for the car. This weekend is looking good for getting it out of the trailer again for more work, so hopefully I get good news from the tranny guys.

I did manage to do something productive, outside of work, today. Got my little veggie garden semi set up this afternoon.

Y'all have a great week.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Had to take a fee days off, Fern.
Got the results back from my CT and I am cancer free. They couldn't do anything about my old age though. NahNahTounge

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That’s good to hear Floyd. I got a new knee replacement the 16th so I am laid up for awhile. So far painful but getting there.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It's Friday! Not that it really matters anymore for some of us.

It's good to see a post from Floyd & his good news. Fern, hope your recovery is speedy.

BTR, keep on plugging away; I enjoy reading your posts.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Happy Saturday y'all.

Floyd, glad to hear good news on being cancer free.

Fern, hope the new knee heals up quickly and works better than the old one.

B King, thanks. It's a little tough, being antsy like a little kid with a new toy, just barely out of reach. LOL. I haven't had time to pull the car out of trailer jail yet. Work has had me wide open since getting home from Hawleys. Today was my 1st real day off, and I still had work to do. Tranny shop finished my tranny this week. I paid, and it's supposed to be on the way home. UPS sent an email last Tuesday, saying it would be here Thursday. Got another email Wednesday saying it was delayed and no estimated ETA. Apparently it's gotten as far as having a label made and tracking number recorded, and someone hit the pause button? I may contact tranny shop Monday to see if it's been picked up yet. If not, I might try talking to a friend out there to pick it up and bring it here. I'm sure I can pay him with beer and he'd be happy. Gonna rain all day tomorrow, so I guess I'll work on clearing up my "junk" room in the house. Weather looks good for the upcoming week, so I'm looking at getting the car back out and spend time working on it. Maybe install a transmission?

Y'all have a great weekend.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I must be gettin' Old.

Spent four days at Barona for a Summit Series and it kicked my butt, I can hardly move this morning, I'm sore in places I didn't even know I had.

I never realized how much work it is to get a car, trailer and motorhome to the track, set everything up cook meals and work on the car all weekend. Slept 13 hours Saturday night, never did that before. I'm down to 172 pounds, maybe I can market drag racing as a "Weight Loss Program" and make some money.

On the plus side the car ran great and I had fun, can't wait for the next race!

Bob

Posts: 3088 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
I must be gettin' Old.

Spent four days at Barona for a Summit Series and it kicked my butt, I can hardly move this morning, I'm sore in places I didn't even know I had.

I never realized how much work it is to get a car, trailer and motorhome to the track, set everything up cook meals and work on the car all weekend. Slept 13 hours Saturday night, never did that before. I'm down to 172 pounds, maybe I can market drag racing as a "Weight Loss Program" and make some money.

On the plus side the car ran great and I had fun, can't wait for the next race!

Bob

Spring Chicken eh Bob? Glad to hear ya had fun!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4516 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good news this evening. Transmission finally showed up on my front porch. Planning to make tomorrow a short work day so I can unbox the car from its current jail cell and get back to work on it. Really want to go to the track and see some friends Saturday, but the car is a higher priority. Maybe I can work both into the weekend? Y'all have a great week....

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Get after it BTR!

Looks like I'm finally getting the race car painted. Victory Red, of course!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good evening y'all. Been an uneventful and disappointing week or so here. I was pretty stoked having my tranny back. That didn't last long. Turns out there was a rather big communication error with the tranny shop. Somehow the input shaft they installed, is about an inch or so too short. Thankfully I figured it out before putting much effort into installation. To say I was disappointed, is the understatement of the year. Tranny is currently boxed up sitting on the dining room floor. Thankfully my wife is putting up with my lack of motivation to move it elsewhere. Must feel bad for me? LOL.. I have a plan to square this away, but it's taking more time away from me that I really can't afford to lose. Went to Kinston Dragstrip today for the CCRA/CCMP race. Saw lots of friends. Watched one of em do a rather large wheelstand, which smacked the oil pan pretty hard on touchdown. Didn't lose any oil and her car will be ok. Feeling better about my tranny dilemma since hanging out with them. Phone calls to get the correct input shaft and scheduling time to get this screw up unscrewed coming soon. I'm optimistic I'll be racing before the end of this season... LOL

Hey Fern, I hope your knee is doing well.

B King, hope the paint date is working out in your favor.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and has a great week coming up.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100