DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well the fender is now back on the featherlite correctly. Ready to go to Galot Feb 23-25 for a bracket race. If all goes well will be back there Mar 1-2. Went for a consult on getting right knee replaced Fri and they will let me know the date, soon I hope even though it will bring racing to a halt. Last one was 8-10 weeks recovery. Daughter has been here since last Wend, she keeps track of Dads health, and its great when she comes. Been driving the diesel Blazer around a little before I try to sell it. Any carry on and be safe.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
It's been continuously raining for over a week. Our streets are all flooded as well as my yard. A couple of days of sunshine and we should be all ight,

Posts: 4817 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You hang in there Floyd, last year you all were burning. Looks like I get new knee 12 April. Go next Thursday to get cancerous thing removed from my head. Saw heart Dr last week and said all looks good so I guess I will keep going maybe. Some of the rest of you need to stick your nose in here! Later

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Floyd, the news says the west coast is getting worked over pretty hard by mother nature. Hope y'all and everyone else manage to keep safe. With how bad the droughts get out there, is there anything local governments can do, as far as collecting/storing rainfall for those dry times?

Fern, I hope everything goes well once they start cutting you up. Glad to hear your heart is pumping properly.

Good news over here, got my new input shaft from the folks at Jerico today and have the bellhousing ready to ship off for recert. Was last certified in 2014 and has a whopping dozen or so runs. Estimated to be returned to me in April/May. I guess that gives me more time for other little odds n ends before I get to race it. Weather is great'ish. Just a little chilly, but the sunshine is beautiful here. 1st race of the season coming this Saturday. I'll be hanging out and maybe checking tire pressure for friends.

Y'all have a great evening.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 111 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Fern,

I stick my nose in almost daily, I don't always reply. I like reading about the goings on with everyone in this thread & wish everyone the best.

Hope all is well with everyone!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2571 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good evening y'all. Hope your Sunday is going well. Been a good week and a not so good week here. The bad: One of my childhood/longtime friends passed Wednesday. I just got home from his visitation. Funeral tomorrow. Known him for 40 years. We were more family than friends. Missed the first 3 quarters of the Swiftbowl,,,, I mean Superbowl, but it was worth it to be with his,(my), family. We spent many weekends at the dragstrip together. Gonna miss him, but have great memories of being young knuckleheads together. The good: I spoke with two of the prior owners of my race car. Learned a lot about the history of it. I knew it had set records in NHRA superstock, but didn't know the numbers. The car has a much larger record setting and winning history than I realized. Won class at Indy 8 years in a row. There's a lot more for me to learn about it's history, so more phone calls will be coming. My local to me track, CPD, had a race Saturday. One of the largest car counts in both footbrake and box that I've seen there in quite some time for a bracket race. Bellhousing for the hotrod has been shipped out for certification, which I'm told should return end of March/early April. Gives me more time for tidying up things checking/rechecking things I suppose. Not gonna rush things, but I feel like a little kid with anticipation. Y'all have a great week.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 111 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd posted here 15 years ago tomorrow!!!!! Long run my friend

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
JRED/Nick,

You doing OK? Not hearing much chatter from you lately.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2571 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Been kind of slow here

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Been kind of slow here

Are talking about this thread or the forum as a whole?

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Both. Heading out to Duke this morning to get some skin cancer removed from my head. In and out but sounds like I'll be there all day. Everyone stay safe. Supposed to be 64 here today!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
More rain headed here while many are still dealing with epic flooding over the past two weeks. One of our neighbors entire house was three feet deep in water and mud. There is drywall, rotting wood and furniture piled up in their front yard. They moved it to the street side of the curb because the County would not pick it up due to some stupid ordinance. Swimming pools are now mud h0le, homes on hillsides are being "Red Tagged" because of soil errosion. San Diego County Stupidvisors refuse to do anything, they are too busy trying to figure out what happened. Realitors are "Low bidding "homes trying to steal property by offering nickel on the dollar bids and unlicensed workers (Can't call them Contractors) are going door to door looking for work.

No wonder more people are leaving California than coming here. Illegal emigrants with more Rights than Citizens, homelessness encampments everywhere, rampant crime with no accountability and rising property taxes. No one in their right mind wants to be a Cop here. The Sunshine Tax looks more and more lope-sided. Mexico is about to re-claim California.

Bob

Posts: 3088 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
JRED/Nick,

You doing OK? Not hearing much chatter from you lately.

2BKING

Relaxing

Been busy with trying to keep up with issues around here. haha

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
More rain headed here while many are still dealing with epic flooding over the past two weeks. One of our neighbors entire house was three feet deep in water and mud. There is drywall, rotting wood and furniture piled up in their front yard. They moved it to the street side of the curb because the County would not pick it up due to some stupid ordinance. Swimming pools are now mud h0le, homes on hillsides are being "Red Tagged" because of soil errosion. San Diego County Stupidvisors refuse to do anything, they are too busy trying to figure out what happened. Realitors are "Low bidding "homes trying to steal property by offering nickel on the dollar bids and unlicensed workers (Can't call them Contractors) are going door to door looking for work.

No wonder more people are leaving California than coming here. Illegal emigrants with more Rights than Citizens, homelessness encampments everywhere, rampant crime with no accountability and rising property taxes. No one in their right mind wants to be a Cop here. The Sunshine Tax looks more and more lope-sided. Mexico is about to re-claim California.

Bob

Bob that sounds ugly, everything just keeps getting worse throughout the US. I keep thinking it's going to get better soon, just keeps getting worse. All of my friends still in California live in El Segundo in Marina Del Rey and they are so locked in they can't get out . They all I'm homes and businesses but want to get out without taking a huge loss.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
All day in surgery but they say everything is good and go home and rest. Hope they are right. It hit 65 here in central NC today, no rain in sight. Won't be long now!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear the good news Fern. I have some friends who've had the skin cancer removals before. A couple came out looking like they had been run through a cheese grater. Well worth it in the long run though.

RPROGAS, I take it you're out there in the same boat with Floyd out west. Y'all been catching hell from the rain. May need to prep the boat. Seems it's feast or famine with the rainfall out there over the past few years. Stay safe and dry out there.

Haven't worked on my stuff in a few days. I did walk in the garage and rub the top of the tranny for a bit while doing laundry yesterday. Trying to find someone local'ish, who can drill the input shaft and install the magnet for my sensor. My dually went in for tranny surgery last week. Seems it forgot how to shift and my attempts at low buck fixing in the driveway failed. Shop tells me, upon disassembly, whoever was in there last, kinda messed with a few things they should have left alone. No clue who did that, but it wasn't me. So far it's up to an estimated $3500'ish. As my brother would say,,, "I'm hemorrhaging money" over the last couple months. Glad work is picking up now.

Y'all have a great week.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Let me get this thread back up front. Come on in Floyd, Nick, and everyone else. Went to the drag racing expo in Greensboro, NC Sat. Place was packed and I saw lots of old friends. Didn't look like drag racing was dying to me. Weather has been good and racing is starting to pick up here. Looks like Jim Howard, who is now running Rockingham, and the new owners have made a lot of improvements. Made a point to tell me the PA had all been redone and you can hear it now. They open in March. Everyone stay warm and safe.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
All day in surgery but they say everything is good and go home and rest. Hope they are right. It hit 65 here in central NC today, no rain in sight. Won't be long now!

Hope all is good Fern.
Good morning all. Soggy out here , wind, T storms and more today.
Left Coast gettin hammered!!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4517 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Nothing new here aside from being bored today and ordering a few things for the hotrod. Wife decided to catch a flu either Saturday or Sunday and being the nice gal she is, shared it with me. Today, sitting around feeling like poop instead of working, kinda sorta stinks. Fern, I shoulda gone to the expo as well. Maybe she'd have kept her flu to herself. Good news, I suppose, home china virus test kit says it ain't covid.

Y'all have a great week.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I got put on hold today as far as racing goes. My 1st cousin had a heart attack yesterday and died. 51 years old. So I am waiting on instructions from up North so I can make a run. Depending on timing if I get to go racing this weekend or not. That crap can get us anytime so count your blessings