DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 780 781 782 783 784 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
I don't think we get Motormania tv with our cable package here.

MotorMania TV is televised on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcgcjyKpkic

I found it an hour or so ago. Been watching. Some good racing over there.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 110 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Blain Parrish won Sat and was in the final Sunday. I missed the final Sunday so don't know who won. That is a talented young man right there. Spring Fling next week so 2 good races in a row at Galot then SFG end of March at Rockingham. Lots of good stuff in March right here at home.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Blain Parrish won Sat and was in the final Sunday. I missed the final Sunday so don't know who won. That is a talented young man right there. Spring Fling next week so 2 good races in a row at Galot then SFG end of March at Rockingham. Lots of good stuff in March right here at home.

I watched most of the racing, starting at 3rd round. Parrish was the black Camaro, right? If so, I believe he won final round Sunday.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 110 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This was Sunday finals (8th rd) with Parrish over Davis. Watched much of the racing this weekend and what I preach holds true 99+% of the time in bigger money races. Those in the finals were Doubled!!!

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all, still crazy busy. Tammi was fighting colds, I am just getting over a cold/flu bug, mom had a pacemaker put in (doing great), engine work is ongoing, need to get pistons. I'll try to catch up here, but I hope everyone is doing well.

Michael Beard/Staging Light is putting on THREE $10k/$20k/$10k weekends at Keystone, with a no box side, for $400. First one is April 19-21, second June 21-23, third is July 26-28. And, there is a free points series!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Kicked to the curb once more as it is raining so this weekends race at Darlington was cancelled. Supposed to be a points race at Galot but if it happens I cancelled that. Sure would like to make a pass before surgery Mid April which will put me out for at least a couple of months. Other than that life is good. Everyone stay safe. But where are Floyd and Nick these days?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern,
We have had major thunderstorms and rain out here. It's finally over for a couple pf weeks they say.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks for chiming in Floyd, I get concerned when you stay away to long....Stay safe. Sun is out here today so getting motor home ready to go to Myrtle Beach Thursday for a week. Huge car show down there next week end. Can't race, go look!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
74 degrees, sunny sky, no rain clouds. Something very unusual over the past several months. Good News: I won't need to water the yard for quite a while.

Eye surgery (again) tomorrow.

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good evening... Nothing much race car/hotrod stuff happening here lately. I did get the new clutch from Ram last week, along with the bad bits they replaced. Going to put them on the wall of shame, as a reminder to pay better attention to things. I did take the cover off the car Thursday, but just so I could load it back up into the trailer. Probably going to be another month before I get to work on it.

Took a 4 day weekend trip to Saint George Utah to visit my wifes dad and his wife. Had a blast. Took the whole family, 6 of us. He got to meet his Great Granddaughter for the 1st time. Had a great time out there. Wife and both daughters went skydiving in Mesquite Nevada. Celebrating youngest birthday and checking something off the wifes "bucket list". Son in law and myself stayed on solid ground. Looks fun, but not sure it's something for me. Might become addicted. Utah is a beautiful state. At least Saint George and surrounding areas. Hoping to make it out again, possibly later this year.

Chuck, Hope y'all are getting better over there. Good luck at that stone jug race.

Fern, hope ya get to make a race or two/three before surgery.

Hope all you west coasters are drying back out. That monsoon season looked rough.

Work is starting to pick up now, so hopefully I'll have more money available for the hotrod soon... Y'all have a great week...

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Me to BTR, not looking good. Myrtle Beach isn't looking good either. Got a Jack stuck in the down position. Have tried all the normal stuff and can't get it to retract. Be on it in the morning.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good Morning all!

Replacing all my T & D rocker arms/shafts today. Plus, starting on all the other maintenance in preparation for the Spring Fling. The end of this month & beginning of April is a busy one for us & racing.

Hope all is well with everyone!

2BKING doing my small part of keeping this thread alive.
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well we got to the beach—-1 day late. I finally removed the stuck Jack and hit the road. Got here last night. Was close to 80 and not a cloud in sight. Finally got some nice weather at home and I am gone. You all take care

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
G'day y'all... Figured I'd look in and say hey, since I opened up the laptop this evening. Nothing new aside from work picking up and me being worn slap out every day. Usually takes me a couple weeks to get my body acclimated to the hard manual labor, after taking winter off. Nothing happening with the race car until 1st or 2nd week of April with my current schedule.

Hey Fern, glad you made it to the beach. I've been to the Myrtle Beach car show before. Can walk the grounds for 3 days and not see them all. I'm an hour north of MB, and if the weather there has been like here, You had a great weekend to hang out there.

Hope everyones racing season is getting started off well. Y'all have a great week.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
BTR I walked it Sat for about 6 hours. Pretty impressive. I saw one person I knew there all day. Going home Thursday.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
My sister and her "Tribe" live in New Bern, North Carolina. We have many Family members living in Norfolk, Virginia, North and South Carolina.

If I was going to leave California it would be to relocate in New Bern or Myrtle Beach. My wife and I spend a few weeks of vacation time there every year. Every year it becomes more difficult to go back to California. There's a good chance that one of these trips we won't.

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
My sister and her "Tribe" live in New Bern, North Carolina. We have many Family members living in Norfolk, Virginia, North and South Carolina.

If I was going to leave California it would be to relocate in New Bern or Myrtle Beach. My wife and I spend a few weeks of vacation time there every year. Every year it becomes more difficult to go back to California. There's a good chance that one of these trips we won't.

Bob

We haven't run outta room here in the southeast yet, but the northeast migrants are doing their best at cluttering the place up. I'm sure room can be made for a west coast racer. Big plus in SE NC, lots of race tracks within a couple hour drive. I'm in Wilmington and pretty sure have 7-8 dragstrips within 2-3 hours drive.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Morning all!

Hoping to get some testing in today, there's a wind advisory. They cancelled Sat. points race because of forecasted rain.

Anyway, a few things to work on before the Spring Fling Races next week.

Hope all is well with everyone!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good evening folks. I've been super busy over the last couple weeks. Had to bust my butt to get a little ahead on work a couple weeks ago, so I could take all last week off for some things I've needed to do for a while. Went to Gainsville FL to get licensed for NHRA Super Gas at Frank Hawleys school. Had a blast. Frank is a great instructor. He reinforced some things I remembered after a couple decades away from serious racing and I learned quite a bit that I don't think I ever knew. He had some really interesting stories from his racing days and was very entertaining while making sure we understood the point he's getting to. Once the paperwork goes through NHRA offices, I'll be licensed to 7.50 or slower ET's. Got a really cool bonus as well. My 1st time slip, for the short pass, shows my speed at 324.59MPH... never mind the 23 second ET, LOL... Might frame that.

Took a detour on the way home, through Georgia to visit family that I haven't been able to see over the past several years. Getting to hug my last living aunt was a really great feeling. Already making plans for a return trip, and I'm putting thought (again), into relocating to their part of GA. My cousins out there are an awesome bunch and know how to have a good time.

Spoke to guy at Jerico and my tranny should be ready this week. Looking forward to getting the car out of the trailer again and making noise soon. Pretty sure my neighbors are ready to hear it as well. Thankfully I'm in a good neighborhood with most folks like minded to me.

B King, good luck out there. At least someone is racing these days. LOL.

Hey Fern, where ya been? Hope you're doing well over there.

Been kinda quiet on this thread for a bit. Hope everyone else has been keeping busy in a good way and getting some quality time on the track.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100