DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Well, looks like we made it through another Monday. Gonna be another hot one around here today.
Y'all keep cool and have a good one.
See ya later.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everybody,beautiful day here,hope ya'll have a gooden,and see ya'll afterwhile........................................

Prayers for Nikki ..............................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Sure is a beautiful day! I forgot yesterday, welcome back Mouse!! welcome Glad you had a great time with your family!!

Ms. Furr, I sure do hope you decide to come up to PRP. Would love to meet you and spend time with you and your family!

Nikki is still about the same. Bob is still sick must be food poisening. I updated Nikki progress on her thread. Keep the prayers coming!

Jordan, Jen and baby Ryder came home yesterday! Thank you God. Jen is doing so much better. Now she needs to rest! My Aunt Betty is doing well, she's complaining about everything!!

Good luck to Chuck, Greg, Scotty and AJ as they are going to be at Bristol for the WFC race!! They will have "Thinking of Nikki" stickers with them if anyone would like one. The only thing I ask is a small donation for Nikki. I paid for these myself (not bragging) and do not take any monies out of the donations. All the money goes directly to Bob and Karen for Nikki.

Thanks for the compliments! There was a time in my life when I was down and out. I lost my faith! But a wise old woman told me that your faith is the only thing that no one can take from you! I never saw her again, must have been my Angel! So I keep going as long as I wake up every morning!

Have a sweet day! We will get through all of this! Just need to laugh a bit more!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
AMEN- Ma B-AMEN.................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I am chomping at the bit, wanting it to be Thursday so I can be on the road to Bristol.

Mike, you make sure you come on over and see me, whatever day you get there. I'm looking forward to it. Come when the meat is on the grill, and we'll feed you too.

Glad to hear Jen and Ryder came home! How is your sister?

BB, I don't envy your moving task. And I'm hoping to do it this year if I find the right place. Amazing how much stuff we accumulate.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:
Have a sweet day! We will get through all of this! Just need to laugh a bit more!!

Reminds me of Tim McGraw's "My Next 30 Years":

My next thirty years I’m gonna settle all the scores
Cry a little less, laugh a little more
Find a world of happiness without the hate and fear
Figure out just what I’m doing here
In my next thirty years

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Well, Ma B, all I know is if I need a prayer warrior you're the one!! I hadn't went into a lot of detail but we've got some things to ve thankful for...get this...we made several test/combo laps at Clay City with the Camaro, then was in the water box when Ihra stopped the 2nd rd of tt's then later cancelled the weekend. I was disappointed that we drove 12 hrs & didn't get at least one race in but had a lot of fun with the kids going to a state we'd never been, etc.
Then it's rescheduled for this past weekend on top of Madi's Nhra Conference race (no brainer), so we came home from a great weekend with Madi & would've had to load last night, leave for seminars today, be home Thurs evening to literally jump in the truck, drive 5 hrs to Jackson, race til late Sunday, & home to a huge property inspection next week at work! whew
Then Rick calls me last night to say for some reason, he was checking under the car & found a cracked tran case on the Camaro so "IF" I had made that pass at Clay City, it could've done some major damage then or shortly thereafter, cost me the points in one of the two claims I have left or we could've loaded drove to Jackson with the same deal.
So long story here, but $39 buck to replace a mid plate, trip to Uncle Mikes (White) to weld the tranny, weekend off when we were going to be wore out anyway, and we're now very thankful both me & the car are okay, still have a shot at pts, getting by very cheap and the point of this long story...we're now on our way to PRP in August to meet you guys!!!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Good luck Chuck, I'm thinking we're close enough to smell the grill at just 2 hrs away...wish we could head over but see above! lol Madi & I will be there next weekend for our last pts race.

msf~moving pulls
msf2~those cukes were good stuff Mike Wink
msf3~it's a b-e-au-ti-ful day here

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Grandson and I stayed up late and watched "Field of Dreams" last night as he is a baseball nut! Think he kinda liked it but I had to use toothpicks to hold my eyelids open until 11:30 p.m.! Now gotta figure out how to reduce the size on some pictures I took yesterday of a friends Caddy that I posted on Craig's list for sale. Wish they would write these picture reducing processes in plain English so us stupid ol' fellas could understand it. Hope for a great day for all of you as we head for D.C. (Dead Center) of the week tomorrow! Banging Head Eyes I'm stupid censored Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Guy M. Price,

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Wow, good timing on the tranny inspection! That could have been messy and dangerous! Still not sure if we're going to Atco the weekend of the PRP Pro Am, but I'll keep you posted.

Guy, that's one of the best movies ever. If the boy is of the right age, the book by W.P. Kinsella is just as good. I am a baseball nut too. Good luck with the reducing process... I haven't had any luck either. Photobucket does cut down on the size of the pic a little bit when you load it to them.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
GOOD EVENING FOLKS.
Been a hot one today, gonna be hotter tommorrow.
Not as hot as what Guy is used too. but hot for me. Them aluminum forms get HOT laying out there in the sun. Eek censored.

All you folks headed to Bristol, be safe and have fun. Wish I could join ya, maybe next year.

Well, ya'll have a good evening and get over the hump tommorrow.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Chuck T, yea it was an excellent movie as the boy is 11. Today wife took him up to Goodwill store near us and he found a batch of baseball cards and he went wild when he found a Nolan Ryan card in the batch! I took him back later and he bought some unopened boxes and found some more Nolan Ryan and other cards so he is in "hog heaven" right now! And got him there pretty cheaply also! His younger brother bought a couple of bags of dinosours and brought them home and first thing he did was give them a good bath! He was real happy also except one of 'em had a broken claw on it and they ar all guarding the kitchen table right now! As for the heat, it's still lingering! We can't get rid of this high pressure over us so the clouds can roll in and cool us off a bit.
Got a race Saturday night! The weather prediction right now for Saturday is a high of 113 and a low of 92! Got the "Kool Vest" in the freezer and will put it on the minute I get outa my pickup at the track Saturday evening along with a cold (iced) towel around my neck!
Why they continue to have races in July blows my mind! Guess its cause they know us bracket racers are stupid and if there is a race, we will show up! This will be the last year I will do it! It's about 9:30 p.m. right now and my local weather on my computer shows it is 104 right now in Tempe! You all have a good ol' cool one and will check back with ya tomorrow! Eyes Banging Head Banging Head No No censored I'm stupid Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
good morning Big L and DRR Smile
vacation starts friday Wink

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Mornin Rooster and all of DDR foke's Car

BB H.U.M.P. day is here and the forcast is hot and wet Tongue

BB2 have a great day and be safe Cool

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everybody.
It's Humpday.
This is suppose to be the last day of our 100 degree weather for this week, then it starts to cool down some.
Y'all stay cool, stay in the shade, and have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I'm happy to say it's my Friday. I'm even happier to request that you read the update about Nikki's on Bob's thread.

Mike, swing by and bring Marty over to Bristol with you and Mannie. Big Grin I'll try to log on if my buddy AJ has service while we're at the track, but y'all might not hear from me til Monday.

Guy, that's great you found old cards... I just hope he didn't try the gum!

ChuckT <---- hoping I don't quack in Bristol

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It's a great morning!!! Great news for The Deniker family!! Nikki BEAT cancer!!! Woooowhoooo!!! Best phone call I got!!! Thank you God!! Thank you, everyone for your prayers!!!

I write more later!!!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Gang,beautiful HOT day here,looks like storms the rest of the week,so you never know what to shoot for on the weekend with the storms in the forcast.......Oh well we won't worry bout it till that day gets here,but it is fun quessing................................

Chuck you can bet my nose we lead us to a grill somewhere in them pits,so you never know we may do a little Food Inspector immitation while stolling threw the pits at Bristol,so I hope everyone has lots of good sampling food for me to try................... Hum Big Grin...........................

Marty good to see you around,you're so right,it's hot around here too,thats why I try to get my work done early in the morning or late in the evening,but sometimes we have no choice,got to get'er done whenever you can,and I wanted to tell you that Mannie decided to play coach-pitch ball here at the end of their season,and the coaches wanted him to play,they've been after them all season to play and he'd say naw don't want to,so I don't push him,I want it to be his desicion to play if he wanted to,so they have about 6 games left,he hit a triple and two slow running singles yesterday at three at bats,and played 2nd base like a champ,so he's having fun,weeell thats the Mannie report (partially)............... Smile...........................................

Well I sure hope all ya'll fine Drr folks have a gooden today and as BB said be safe .................and have a little fun today................it's OK you have my permission.......................... I rule Big Grin..................................................Oh and see ya'll afterwhile..............................

Prayers for our Nikki Girl and for Ma B's family and extended family and her sister and the folks wit da new baby,and put Carey back on that prayer list,went Mon. to have a tube replaced in her ear,and had another fever show up,I'm thinking the Dr.are over looking something in her system,so keep her in ya'll's prayers,ok I'm done,ya'll have a wonderful and blessed day.............................................................................................

Just got done reading the Nikki thread and all I can say is WOOHOO CAN I GET A WOOHOO AND PRAISE GOD FOR THE GREAT NEWS...........WOOHOO............................................

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Hawks,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike truly sorry to hear about Carey! I haven't stopped asking God for His blessings for Carey. She is in my nightly prayers! Glad to hear that you will be at Bristol! Wish I could go, but it's not our time yet!! I wish my car was ready!! Keep the PRP team in check for me!!

Ms Furr--somebody was trying to tell you something! Thank goodness you didn't make a run! Isn't that funny how things happen though? It was more important to spend time with your family! Even though, I know how you feel when you're ready to run and something happens!! Oh well, there's always tomorrow!! Can't wait to meet you when you come this way!!

Mr. Price--you can send some heat up this way!! Don't get me wrong, weather has been nice, but I kinda want some more heat! How is your grand daughter? Is she back with you or still with her Dad?? Forgot to ask!!

My sister, Lorraine, has an appointment July 31st for an endoscopy (down the stomach) so I will be taking her there. Blood work came back in the "normal" range. So after that, her doc will order a CT scan or a PET scan. So it's a waiting game. But, I am taking her this weekend for a Saturday sister day! Lucy and Ethel rides again!! But we did get some good news, she is going to be a grand ma!!! Her daughter Stephanie is going to have a baby girl!! Yeah, I get to spoil her!! So it's just one day a time! Thanks for asking!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Ma Brewer, my grandaughter and her new puppy went home for a day last Sunday and I think things are starting to turn for the better and I am hopeful she will be back home before school starts. She is going to the races with me this weekend and be my golf cart driver and we are, hopefully, gonna take her shopping for her 16th birthday a bit early as it is the 22nd and we will not be going to her party at her dad's place. Seems her dad is under house arrest for a DWI and can only go out of the house to work on his job and his "live-in" girlfriend is the one who recently made headlines in the Phoenix area for allegedly stealing $8,000 from the Girl Scout's Cookie fund. Not a good environment for my grandaughter and am doing the my best to get her out of it! Next couple of weeks will be crucial! Thanks for your concern and hope all is going well for everyone else! Confused Eyes Banging Head censored Cool