DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,got lots to do Mom gets to come home today got to mow and clean up around the house,good thing a couple of my sisters really jumped in and helped this time one of my sister Sandy is bringing Mom home today so I can get a few things done,she seems a lot better thanks for the prayers the last 12 days have been long and lonesome around here and boy is she ready to come home,if she had to stay another day I would not want to be the dr. ........................... No No..................................

Well I'm after it there is that it thing again,Manny's working on a IT trap he loves trapping things,he wanted to know how to skin a IT and I told him it's easy just be sure it ain't still moving.................. Hum Double Thumbs up.............................................

I try not to hate a lot of things but I HATE Cancer young or old,would be great if instead of wars and fighting the WhOlE world would get together and win the cancer war........................ Praying................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! I'm loving this weather, 70 and sunny, just worried that I'm either going to be in shorts and tshirts at Christmas, or digging out from 4 feet of snow.

Mouse, FSU looked real good Monday night. Thought Pitt had a chance after that opening drive, but they're too young. They'll learn. It will be a good program again.

Mike, so glad to hear mom is going home, and that your sister is giving help.

There are a lot of talented minds out there. I pray they find the right combination to help combat cancer, especially those that affect kids.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,moms home and happy happy............. Double Thumbs up.............................

Been meaning to tell ya'll the story of the donkey and the lawn mower,but got all tighed up in all the stuff with mom and my cold and life,but here goes.

About a couple weeks ago Manny wanted to know if he could take the push lawnmower and mow around the donkey lot and I said I can do it with the riding mower but he said he wanted to so I said go ahead,never thought well here's a 11 yr.old kid wanting to do some serious mowing my thought was good kid......... Hum...............
He gets going and I go back to mowing on the riding mower and got busy but after awhile I thought I'd better go see that he's ok,well I see Manny playing with the donkey running along beside her and jumping on while she's running and when he'd get on the donkey would stop,but I didn't see the push mower I figured he'd got bored with the mowing thing and decide to play awhile so I go back to mowing.

Go back over in a little while and notice the mower turned upside down the handle laying to the side,and I say Manny what happened to the mower he says it's ok dad I'll get it in a minute which in Mannys world is next thrusday at 2pm,I said go and bring it up here so he did and he was stuggling to get the mower up the hill I thought oh no what now.

So I go and help him and saw that the mower was pretty messed up and saw where it had hit a fence post,so I said Manny what happened he said dad you promise not to get mad,and I said no I don't promise (learned from passed experience).
He said dad here's what happened I was mowing and donkey (that's her name donkey)came over and I thought hey lets try and see if donkey can help me mow,(my thoughts where mad but could hardly hold back the laugh)he said I figured she could pull it like a plow and I could ride her and get the mowing done,I would get the mower running and run her and jump on her back and away we would go till the mower ran into her and she took off dragging the mower by this time he had let go of the handle and the mower had died so while running scared with this mowing running her she hit the mower into a fence post.

Knowing I had to pull my dad serious face on and not laugh cause this is dangerous Manny or donkey could have been hurt bad,but found it hard not to laugh.
Now heres the part that is hard I said in my mean laughing voice you're grounded from using the mower for awhile(or atleast till I can get it fixed)and you are to never try that again and explained to him the seriousness of the WhOlE incident while trying to not think why couldn't I have gotting this on video it would be a youtube hit.
Can't think that right now because don't want to encourage dangerous behavior but what can a dad do with such a inivative son,on one hand it's funny on the other it's dangerous,so for now we are saying never try this again.

Just for the folks that mite say did Donkey get hurt,I can say Donkey is fine and with a little theropy and a few meeting with her head dr. they say she'll be fine............... Praying hug Laughing ...........................................

Sorry they just wasn't anyway to tell a story like this without it being long,ya'll have a fine day........................ Wave............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Mike;

That is great. Much rather have a kid the tries some hair brained scheme and fails, than one that never pushes the envolope.

I also had a secret smile in my heart when ShannOn would try one of her wild ass ideas on how to get around the rules. Of course, I had to be the Father figure and dicipline her somehow, but was always happy she never did accept the "status quo".

Good for him

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! My Friday, woo hoo. Hopefully can make some progress on the Cutlass. It just wants to keep fighting me. Saturday is the last points day, and I'm in 11th, trying to get to 7th. Tall order, but I'm going down swinging, whatever I'm driving.

Mike, good that mom is home. Great story with Manny. For all you parents, I'd imagine there are plenty of times where you want to laugh but have to be dad/mom first.

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Happy Thursday Everyone. Beautiful day here in Cali, blue skies, nice breeze perfect weather.

Mike so happy to hear that Mom is home and doing better, been keeping you all in my prayers. Okay the story about Manny & Donkey is hilarious. As I was reading it, I could picture the whole thing and was actually laughing out loud. I for the life of me don't know how you kept a straight face. Having kids is certainly an adventure.

Chuck I hope you figure out what is going on with the Cutlass and get it out to the track soon. Good luck Saturday.

You all have a great day. Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Susie,
I's hot as hell down here. But it's summer.

Hey Mike, hold my scotch and watch this!

Eyes

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
...........mornin'....... Wave...........

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,good to see your typing WAO,Susie it was the hardest thing I've had to do in a while not to laugh but being the parent and dish out some kind of punishment for his actions..................... No No.......................it was truly don't do that again with a smile,and frown at the same time.............. Wink.........................

And Ken that's one thing for sure about Manny he takes his ideas and runs with them....... Hum Tongue...........I'm proud at of his ability to have fun and be creative and it's always exciting to see what he comes up with next................ Big Grin..................................

Chuck hope the olds comes together for you this weekend and hope you have some fun......................... Car.....................................................

Hope all ya'lls day is filled with some kind of fun and smiles................. Praying hug Wave............................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks........................ Wave................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Well, seems like everyone is doing not so bad. Which is good.

Our baby girl and Grandaughter are in town for the week-end. We did Sea-World yesterday. 7 hours out in the Sun and fun, but I survived. Matter of fact, Peg and I run the girls into the ground. Dani keep asking if we were "OK". I think she was looking for a reason to quit. She didn't get one. We did have fun. I haven't been to anyplace like that before. Wow, those big fish are really something.

Today, the Alamo, and the San Antonio RiverWalk. I've been there before. Right now, waiting for the girls to get their sorry butts out of bed.....non hackers.

Girls are leaving first thing in the morning, so we will be up and out by 6:00 am.

Monday, back to the track to thrash on the motorhome generator. It quit running last week. It will start just fine, but dies as soon as I release the start switch. I have it tore half apart. I finally found an owner's manual online, and discovered that I've been checking the oil level wrong. So, the oil level is actually below the "low" mark, and that would cause it to die as soon as I release the switch. Hopefully, that is the only reason it is dying.

Well, the girls are stirring, so better start the pancakes and bacon.

Later

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Hope y'all have a great weekend.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone,hope you alls weekend was a good one not much happening here just life,hangin on by the toe nails,now with only 9 toes I believe I'm slipping away................... Hum Eyes Double Thumbs up.......................................................................

Hope ya'lls day if a goodern................... Praying Wave....................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! The Steelers looked awful in losing, lose 2 Pro Bowl caliber players for the season, my beloved Pirates get swept by the Cardinals, and in round 1 Saturday, driving my buddy's Charger, the battery died, never got to stage. So no bracket finals team for me this year. That sucks, but, it ain't nuthin' compared to the real world.

Christine's son Mark won the Top class points. He did it in a '78 Mustang that runs 11.30s-40s, against all those piperacks and fast door cars. I know Mark Sr is one proud angel.

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,got to put my carpet laying shoes on this morning,Moms feeling better enough to find me some chores to do,wants her porches covered in indoor-outdoor carpet so here we go.................... Double Thumbs up...........................

Hope ya'lls day is a good one see ya'll in the morning.................... Praying Wave...............................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Rain moved in last night, got us pretty soaked, might be hanging around. It's driving the temps and humidity up pretty high, especially for September. Hopefully weatherman is right about the weekend.

Pirates won a great game last night, what a pitching duel. FINALLY win number 82... 20 years of under .500 seasons broken. I'm hoping this is the start of a streak!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. Well now there is a fire burning on Mount Diablo which is to the west of us, and the Yosemite fire is still burning to the east of us so we are sitting in the middle of two fires. Not to worry neither one is close enough to get to us, but the smoke is settling in the valley here and it is not good for the lungs. It has been over 100 for the last couple of days, but is supposed to drop down to 95 today and continue to get cooler as the week goes along. Hopefully they will be able to get both fires contained soon and we will get rid of all this smoke.

Mike glad to hear Mom is feeling good enough to find things for you to do. Chuck, boy that just stinks when something simple like a battery can mess up your whole day of racing. Hey how about my Niners, that was one heck of a game against the Packers. We were on the edge of our seats the whole game.

Wave Floyd, Christine, Michelle, Ken, Mouse, WA and everyone else. You all have a wonderful day.

Hugs & prayers hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,looks like another hot one here today cooling off for the weekend they say,woooohoooo................ Double Thumbs up.................................

Hope ya'll have a happy,happy day............................. Praying Wave........................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mourning, all. I didn't lose anyone on 9/11, but I always have a hard time with this day. So much sadness brought on. I always think of Springsteen's "The Rising" today, and the FDNY in the WTC.

Can't see nothin' in front of me
Can't see nothin' coming up behind
I make my way through this darkness
I can't feel nothing but this chain that binds me
Lost track of how far I've gone
How far I've gone, how high I've climbed
On my back's a sixty pound stone
On my shoulder a half mile line

crying Praying Angel

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning ya'll,hopefully last day of indoor-outdoor rug laying on Moms porches,my knees are red and sore,4 more pieces.................. Double Thumbs up.................................

Maybe get to go back in the old log truck tomorrow can't wait to get back at it......................... Smile...............................

Ok prayers to all my friends and to my enemies we all got some and I appreciate them keeping me straight,long story but actually a good meaning envolved........... Hum.............Ya'll have a great day.............. Praying Wave.................................................