DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
planter + 50 lb propane tank = plus 1
Floyd = minus 1

Was carrying a propane tank from the garage to the patio and tripped in a planter. ******* over tea kettle and sent the tank spinning like a top. Screwed up my shoulder and turned me all black and blue. Been a week and a half now and the bruises are going away and getting range of motion back.
The older we get the longer it takes to heal.

Y'll have a gooden and I'll be more careful now.

Didn't think of that

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Damn Floyd, ouch!!!

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll survive. After all the crap I've put my body through over the years I'm lucky.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Dam Floyd, I go away for a couple of days and you go out and crash. Get well soon. I was at the VA and got a cortizone shot in my neck so I can see the guy in the other lane this weekend. Thank heaven for the VA! Got a ton to do to get ready for Darlington. Every one stay safe, you hear me Floyd?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I hear ya, Fern. I got a whole bunch of crap from my kids too. I'll be more careful now.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all. Careful out there, Floyd. I hope that didn't hamper your beef cooking times. Big Grin

Fern, good luck. Hope you have a blast and come home with some Ws. I need to clean up my garage and sell stuff too. I don't know if I'll have it done for the swap meet this month, but going to shoot for fall, if I don't unload piece by piece.

Nice day here today, mid 60s and sunny. Racing season is getting closer here.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon to all you guys, had a couple days in the 80s now back to high 60s lots of racing going around me. What national event in division seven doubleheader in Phoenix. Fuel around here I’ve seen from $3.65 to $3.99 for regular and $3.89 to $4.19 for Diesel. Next week Chris West coast bracket race to start. But with a $500 entry buybacks from $100 to $140 I’m passing . I just have not enough seat time to join in with the heavy hits coming.

Floyd You gotta be more careful not to hurt yourself you’re not getting any younger. Wow Fern that swap meet was good for you . I seem to never sell off all I take ! Chuck hope you are thawing out and getting the car ready to race.

My next race is mid April, team race 3 and 4. Should be good weather!

You all have a great weekend! Please make my shake chocolate and my burger a double cheeseburger with bacon and cheese! Haha Relaxing

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Darlington was good even if I did lose 3rd round. Got back here and diesel had gone from$4.05 to $4.54 in 2-3 days. But if I ride I pay. Going to Myrtle Beach in a couple of days for a week 250mi each way--got to pay. To keep from having heart failure I no longer look at the price in the grocery store, if I want it I get it and what ever the total is at the exit I just pay. Go home and eat. Stay safe and look at the good in our country, so far no one is bombing us.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Fern. We went from 4.83 to 5.69 in 10 days.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Went by where I paid $4.54 a couple of days ago and it was $5.05! Why don't the libs want to use our own energy?

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Went by where I paid $4.54 a couple of days ago and it was $5.05! Why don't the libs want to use our own energy?

Morning folks…

Phoenix was bearable prices.
Ca was not. 6.25 for D highest we saw. Cha Ching!

Thank you B R A N D O N !!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Barry,
Watch it go up more today. Biden did it and the oil companies will take advantage. Diesel at my favorite station went to 6.09.
Yesterday i just said screw it. I'm losing my ass in the stock market, can't afford diesel so I HMMMM went to the grocery and got rib eys steaks and corned beef. I might be broke but I won't quit eating.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'll do this Floyd, Don't look at the price. If I want to ride I'll have to buy fuel, if I want to eat I'll have to buy food. No matter the price just pay and ride and eat.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Baqrry,

The Chevron I go to went up another .20 overnight.
That's gouging.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Heading to the beach for a week this morning. Its 44 degrees as I type this and supposed to be in the 20s Sunday! You all be safe.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Baqrry,

The Chevron I go to went up another .20 overnight.
That's gouging.

Morning Floyd, guys.
Definitely slow the riding a little. I. The last fuel crunch we raced but it did slow us down. Things are wayyyyyy different now.
We need to open up fuel here. Biden has fuel bills for pumping on his desk right now not signed. Wtf is he waiting for. We can get fuel from others but we cannot get it from our own ground? Something wrong wit this picture. Oh wait. They can profit from foreign oil but not here?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Car fuel gauge on 3/4 this morning, decided to stop, might lessen the blow if I gas up there instead of waiting till its empty. Gassed up last Friday at $4.04, today $5.04. 3.7 gallons, $19.00.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I got diesel 2 weeks ago for 4.49 gal with my Chevron card. Yesterday it was 6.19 at the same station.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Did I mention 6.79 diesel yesterday?

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qtrrcr:
Car fuel gauge on 3/4 this morning, decided to stop, might lessen the blow if I gas up there instead of waiting till its empty. Gassed up last Friday at $4.04, today $5.04. 3.7 gallons, $19.00.

That's my thinking as well. Takes the sting out of waiting til empty.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post