DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ed about the track prep at the Rock---My 60s in 2 time runs and 4 elimination runs were 1.399, 1.398, 1.401, 1.400, then 1.456 and 1.458. The next day 1.401 and 1.405. I survived the 1.456 and when I lost it was who spun the least I guess as we were both awful in the 60. So what do you think about that in regards to track prep?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
sounds like nothing has changed. Back in 2019 when we were in contention for the world championship, I had a heated conversation with Steve in the tower who claimed the track was fine. I told him watch the pair on the starting line, one of which was Ray Miller III, they both blew the tires away at the hit. He was oblivious!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Need I say more. This new bunch that bought it from Steve has the opportunity to make it a great place and have made a lot of improvements but with the crowd they had the track could have been better and first or second round buybacks and only paying, I think, 8 places in foot brake and 16 in top. Lots of folks left unhappy without a dime. But it was on the flyer that way. I'll go back because its close and give them a chance to remove the old ways. That bathroom by the snack bar was NICE!!!!!

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I don't believe Steve is totally out

According this from 7/7/20

https://www.yourdailyjournal.c...nsition-over-2-years

he's still involved, he has "gone into business with them" and that's why it's "business as usual"

Rockingham Dragway owner Steve Earwood has reached an agreement with two businessmen, Al Gennarelli and Dan VanHorn, to allow them to observe the track’s operations for two years before selling them the track in October 2022.

Gennarelli and VanHorn have paid a 6-figure, non-refundable deposit towards the purchase of the venue. The total selling price for the Dragway is $1,850,000. The bulk of the purchase will be paid in October 2022 and the rest will be financed over the following 10 years, according to Earwood. Earwood will stay on as a consultant for two years after the new owners take over.

He stressed that it will be “business as usual” at the Dragway for now, and he is excited about the ideas the future owners have put forward, the details of which have not yet been made public.

“If I didn’t feel confident that they would be a success I wouldn’t have gone into business with them,” Earwood said in an interview Tuesday.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Sounds like the Jim Turner deals over the years with Piedmont. Where did you find that?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All,

I signed up for the 2023 Bracket Finals today. Reminder Dave, you need to do the same.

Hope all is good with everyone!

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Good Morning All,

I signed up for the 2023 Bracket Finals today. Reminder Dave, you need to do the same.

2BKING

Relaxing

Alright so I hope we can get to see each other ! How cool is that!

clapping

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
quote:
Good Morning All,

2BKING

Relaxing

Alright so I hope we can get to see each other ! How cool is that!

clapping

I don't know why me and that website have so much fkn trouble getting along....I searched everywhere I could look for the sign-up page but no joy....I'll have to ask you for directions ....again! Roll Eyes

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It's on the private LVMS FB page, I'll get you the info & txt it to you.

2BKING Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

2BKING Big Grin

OK, all signed up and got an email confirmation from Jeff

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:

2BKING Big Grin

OK, all signed up and got an email confirmation from Jeff

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Where is Floyd Staggs?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I saw him lurking a day or two ago.

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Guess everyone is racing today. To hot for me even if there is anything going on around here. I didn't even look.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Thanks. Guess everyone is racing today. To hot for me even if there is anything going on around here. I didn't even look.

Good morning all, going to be a hot one. Fern can’t blame you, Sometimes it’s just not worth it. Just heard from Chuck T he is a the track !

You all have a great weekend

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:

Good morning all, going to be a hot one. Fern can’t blame you, Sometimes it’s just not worth it. Just heard from Chuck T he is a the track !

You all have a great weekend

Wish we were racing, but it's coming soon.

ChuckT good luck to you!

Hope all is well with everyone!

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
2BKING, i’m lucky I got a two day event next weekend called cactus clash Tucson Dragway. You should go look at it on Tucson Dragway‘s website this Saturday they got all kinds of things going on in the gambler. But on Sunday they got this team event yet to take a look at that on their website.

Didn't think of that

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
2BKING, i’m lucky I got a two day event next weekend called cactus clash Tucson Dragway. You should go look at it on Tucson Dragway‘s website this Saturday they got all kinds of things going on in the gambler. But on Sunday they got this team event yet to take a look at that on their website.

I had looked at that race but driving that distance for one guaranteed race; I'll pass. Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
2BKING , sorry I didn’t mean for you to look at coming down this way I just wanted you to see how that team race was set up. We have 22 teams entered with five people on each team. That brings the pod up to $11,000 for super pro . The payout was not guaranteed but this was supposed to be just a fun race. But now we have 110 super pro cars entered. So our team Capoten he’s trying to figure out the payouts today. He has done more for this track than past team captains, he thinks it should be all about the razors instead of the track getting a part of the payouts. That $11,000 does not include buybacks. It’s going to be a fun one

Relaxing

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
JRED, I was looking for a reason.

Definitely looks like something different for a race format, is this an inaugural race.

2BKING Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436