DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! My Friday, woo hoo! Looking forward to going to Norwalk tomorrow and huffing a little nitro! It's going to be warm, but I'll live.

Nikki is still fighting the fevers, but the doc called them good fevers. Her body hasn't had the healthy cells for a couple months at least, so it is adjusting. I'll post a pic in Bob's thread.

Mike, don't go worrying about me. This here is my permission slip to say I'm at Norwalk tomorrow, racing Saturday, and helping my buddies on Sunday, so I might not be back on til Monday. Big Grin

Good luck to those racing this weekend. Be safe, have fun, and light some lamps.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Morning! Hope everyone is well today!

Nikki is holding her own today! She's resting and waiting to see where her ANC numbers are at today. Dr. Jake is very happy with how she is doing.

Have fun at Norwalk! Be safe! All present and accounted for!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Dunno where Floyd is? Hope he didn't flush the commode while he was still sittin' on it! Mighta pulled him right on down! Since he works for US Rubber maybe he is in charge of testing condoms and got tied up in his work, reckon? It was 108 yesterday and supposed to be 106 today and they say the monsoon is headed this way from Mexico. Haven't seen any lightning down that way yet and no big dust storms yet! You all keep a bottle of water handy cause it is pretty hot all over the country and have a glorified and happy day! Wink Big Grin I rule(Wife's back in Salisaw, OK visiting sister, that's why!) Smile just do it Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Evening folks, been a long hot day. Those aluminum forms get hot laying out there in the sun. The Mexicans that work for me say its hot, but in spanish. Calientae? I'm stupid I dont know, but anyhow.
Guy, waht do them concrete men do out there when its that hot out, stay home or work at night? I know I was loading forms at 9 pm tonite while it was cool.

Mike, sounds like Manny is having a great summer. I found that rock, put in the side pocket of my truck door, so it will be there when I see ya'll again.
I am hoping to make MM Sat. if you get a chance come on out.
I bet Manny will be climbing the gate a lot now, going ridin out in the woods and all over the mtns around there.

I am glad to hear the Dr's are pleased with Nikki's progress, that is great. Smile

You wouldnt beleive what my wife fixed me for supper tonite............. Sausage gravy and biscuits. Man that was a good supper.......She asked what do you want and I said, sausage gravy and biscuits. I got the best little wife. not worthy
I rule

Well, ya'll have a good FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
You are pretty close Marty! Caliente is hot! If you wanta tick off one of those mescans, or if they tick you off, tell 'em: "Bese mey coolo!" Means kiss my behind! Most concrete people start at the crack of dawn poouring and work till about noon. Have to add a lot of ice to the mix too or the concrete dries too fast and cracks! I ain't no concrete man so don't know the details. I was born about 1/2 mile from bein' a mescan (border was 1/2 mile south)
and any further south and they woulda flushed me! Mother's bed ran north and south with her feet at the south end! Get the picture? By the way, went and visited my mother and father's graves and my sister's grave while down south and showed my grandson the only cemetary in the world that faces south! It is a mescan cemetary near Douglas, Arizona and faces Mexico so their spirits would return to their native country! It's in Repley's Believe It Or Not! Eyes No No Big Grin Wink Smile just do it Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning All,busy busy,it's to HOT to be this busy,ain't it funny how you can get busy at the worst time,did I say I was busy.... Big Grin.........

Well ya'll have at it,got to get with it,hope all ya'lls lights are bright ones and have a gooden....................................

Thinking of Nikki,and hoping Floyd's well,see ya'll afterwhile......................................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Don't pay the ranson, I escaped.
Guy, it's U.S. Rubber Recycling, and if I told you how we did it, I'd have to kill you.
Mike, just been caught up in some heavy stuff and haven't had much to say. All's well, we all go into a funk everyonce in a while.

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
hey guys...hope your weekend is full of fun & sun!! heading to Bristol, taking the dragster & Camaro...can't wait to play! Love my dragster but ya just can't beat a good ol doorcar Wink

always thinking of Nikki...sad about Farrah & Michael, def two of my favs growing up in the 80's...I remember when I was 15 cruisin with an older gf in her chevette with no radio but she had a boombox we kept buying the cheap batteries for so we could play her "Thriller" cassette! Those were the days!

We all get in those funks sometimes Floyd, glad to see ya!
(got your message Mike...ttys!!)

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Great everyone is present and accounted for so far!!

Have a great weekend, good luck MsFurr, have fun and bring home the big check!!

Nikki is doing well, docs are still happy. ANC is going up fast. She's holding her own for what she has been through!!

Wow, Farrah and Michael, much too young!

Have a safe weekend and go have lots of fun, fun, fun!!!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ma, send hugs & kisses to Nikki for us and you enjoy your weekend!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
I had planned on getting my little S10 ready to go down to Sallisaw tommorrow for a big dollar footbrake race they are having down there, but i think i'm just going to stay home. It's suppose to hit 100 down there, and it's been over 100 up here around Tulsa for the last 3 days, and it's just got me plum drained.
Y'all stay cool, and have a good one.
See ya later.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
My wife oughta feel right at home in Sallisaw today then! The biggest difference will be will be the "wet heat" as compared to our "dry heat" which is turning "wet" as we move into the monsoon season! Only got up to 98 yesterday but we had lots of cloud cover and a 12" rain---12" between the tiny drops! And it lasted just long enough to spot up the dust on my pickup! We could use a good truck washin' rain! Tomatoes are still growing like crazy and so is the last Italian squash plant I have left. Pulled all the other squash plants out and made umbrellas outa the leaves! Is Italian squash good battered and fried? I know summer squash is but never tried it with Italian squash. Glad to hear everyone is doing better and moral is picking up! Maybe folks will quit dying and we will have some good things to talk about the rest of the summer! Floyd, just keep your mouth shut! Don't wanta be shot! TGIF, I reckon! Just another day in the life of Guy! Sleep Wink Big Grin I'm stupid Smile just do it Cool

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm with you Guy!! I'm hanging garlic on all my doors!! LOL

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
No problem Guy.
Take that squash slice it down the middle, brush a little olive oil on it and grill it with salt and pepper. Serve it with a nice rare steak and enjoy the monsoons.

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning Gang,whats-up,it's HOT and already Dry,well got a job to do this morning and got to get at it..................

Floyd glad you're ok,I know exactly what you're talking about,and I hope all works out good,I don't mean to be a worry wort about ya'll guy's and gal's,but I speak to and hear about you folks everyday,almost and I've got this thing about taking care of things around here (I promised Dad to take care of Mom and things around home)so I think of ya'll as family and probably talk to or at ya'll more than some of my family,so sorry I'm a worry wort,but don't do it again, Tongue Big Grin ..........................

Ok ya'll have at it and turn on some bulbs today,not red ones, Wink and have fun and be safe.......................................

Thinking of Nikki girl and all our friends,see ya'll afterwhile,and oh yea have a gooden.....................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Took the truck's suspension apart yesterday and raised the ladder bars to the 3rd hole and set the pinion @ 1 deg down. All I got to do is adjust the track locator and tighten everything up. I sure hope this works. It should plant the tire harder.
Everybody have a gooden, especially you, worry wart. Car

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning folks.
I'm tired of summer already. I'm ready for fall. The high for today is suppose to hit 103, which would set a new record for this time of year.
Y'all take care and have a good one.
See ya later.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
I think this is the first time in 44 years that wife and I have not been together on her birthday! She turns 64 today--just one year away from Medicare--and she is in Sallisaw, OK with her two sisters, supposedly helping decorate her one sister's new home! But I bet they are "cackling" and laying eggs all over the house! She will be heading home on Tuesday and it will be good to get her back to this "haunted" house! If there was a mouse around here I could hear him, it is so quiet!
Reckon I better call her and wish her Happy Birthday cause she will never look on this site---has no games nor nothing to do with baseball---and then go out scrape and paint some more house trim before she gets home! You all have a good weekend and keep the sunny side up! Eyes Tongue Sleep No No Banging Head Smile just do it Cool

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Let me be the first to say "have a gooden" on this fine Sunday mornin.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning Floyd and Gang,it is a fine sunday morning here too,I'm being real lazy today and going to rest some,this heat pulls the sap out of me,but I'm thankful I can work..........

Ya'll have a gooden x-2,and sure praying hard for Nikki,so sorry she's having any troubles,and here's hoping everybody has a great and safe sunday................................