DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
That's great news on our little "chipmunk"! Saw a lotta squirrels on our trip down to SE Arizona this weekend, my grandson and me! Saw a lot od deer but hard to tell which is a buck and which is a doe at this time of the year in the little white tail as antlers are "not in style" at this time of the year! Nice weather down there in the mountains and I think my grandson saw enough rocks in the Wonderland of Rocks (Chiricahua National Monument) to last him for a while! That area is amazing to look at at 9,700 ft. elevation! I hadn't been up there in over 50 years! Great trip! Grandson enjoyed it and told me so (11 years old) as we were heading back to Phoenix! Wish you all could see it as you wouldn't believe this terrain pops up outa the desert! Have a gooden! Eyes Wink Big Grin Smile just do it Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dragster66ss
posted Hide Post
What wonderful news to end the workday! Smile

Thanks for sharing. Continued prayers fro Nikki.

Lee Roberson

“My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."” Harmon Killebrew

Posts: 1108 | Location: Greenville/Henderson, NC | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Great news for Nikki, thanks for sharing! Smile

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Madilyn
posted Hide Post
Hi Everybody!! Hope you are all doing good. Having a great summer vacation and racing is always cool! thanks for the congrats!
Tell Nikki I said you go girl!!
Madi

Posts: 48 | Location: playing with bro! | Registered: March 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Evening folks.Been right hectic around here the past few days. Finally got my old boom truck moved back home, now I need to do a bit of maintenance on it, my boom wont go up so I gotta figure that out. Hum Back yard mechanic. I dont know much about hydraulics.

Glad to hear the good report on Nikki. Smile Makes my day.

Talk about making your day, you need to see this. www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3sdByw9uUc
Gotta love them youngins.

Have have a good hump day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: concreteman,

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning gang.
It's Humpday.
Gonna be another hot one around here. It hit 101 yesterday, and forecast calls for 100 the next couple of days. I think it's time to move to Maui. 80 to 85 degrees all year round. I could handle that.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya later.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning Mouse and all you guy's and gal's in DRR land,man it's Hot around here too,I'm thinking we're probably getting ready for a dry spell around here,well there's a creak next to garden,so we may have to pump a little water,but it will be what it will be,eat the first mess of fried squash out of garden this week,with stewed taters and fried cabbage and black beans and cornbread,yum yum.............It's so dry the groundhogs are protesting my garden being to dry,say the squash plants are to welty..............go figure................ Hum Rolling Laughing ...........................................

Sure hope Big L knocks em out at Norwalk,always loved racing up there,just did'nt care for the poka music Bill would wake us up to every morning,I told him I was going to bring him a bluegrass tape by to wake everyone up with,he said bring it on,and I bet he would have played it,I can see him now flat footing on the starting line..................................

Well I'm going long this morning,been so busy as Chuck said yesterday,so I appreiate you (Chuck) picking up my slack on the biscuits to the new members,sure lost my southern charm for a day or three,oh well we all have to travel these old rough roads in life,and by the way,I was thinking ya'll folks up north,liked them dried out donuts for breakfast,what are they called bagels,my goats want even eat them,if'n I could make ya'll a pan of real spoon biscuit and a pan of gravy,ya'll throw rocks at them folks that make them dried up donuts......J/K................Boy that cup of coffee had the kick in her this morning.......... Eyes Big Grin.....................

Guy don't forget to come by the office this morning and get your note for missing the few days you missed on the thread,I don't think think you'll get into too much trouble................. Tongue Hum No No Smile ..........................................

Well ya'll have at it and well see ya'll afterwhile,oh and have a gooden........................................

Still praying for our friends that are having troubles,Nikki's good report makes me smile and still praying for Floyds friend and hoping all works out well.....................Sure missing Rooster and HEY Madi Girl,you are my hero,turning on the W's to the semi's and then crewing for others,you're one baddddddd Chick.............I can say that cause I'm Uncle Mike AKA Country.........................................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
I can remember when I thought it would be really cool to have races both Sat/Sun locally, like we've been doing at Bristol the last 2 weeks and we have another one this weekend...but I'll tell you...I am tired, Rick's tired, and here it is Wed & we have to leave out Fri, trying to get the 565 in the Camaro to test some hot rod stuff, then got double weekends all July with Mike Bos/Eastern Conference finals for Madi,then picking back up with the Ihra TD/HR...iyiyi. I realize it's self inflicted but... Hum Eyes
and, Uncle Mike the summer is flying by, we've got to get the kids together soon!
Go get 'em BB! Sounds like a fun time Guy, if we ever make it your way, I think you'd be a good tour guide!
Awesome video Marty!
As they say, ya'll have a good'en!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Where's the java???

FurrRacing.com

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's great news on our little "chipmunk"! Saw a lotta squirrels on our trip down to SE Arizona this weekend, my grandson and me! Saw a lot od deer but hard to tell which is a buck and which is a doe at this time of the year in the little white tail as antlers are "not in style" at this time of the year! Nice weather down there in the mountains and I think my grandson saw enough rocks in the Wonderland of Rocks (Chiricahua National Monument) to last him for a while! That area is amazing to look at at 9,700 ft. elevation! I hadn't been up there in over 50 years! Great trip! Grandson enjoyed it and told me so (11 years old) as we were heading back to Phoenix! Wish you all could see it as you wouldn't believe this terrain pops up outa the desert! Have a gooden!

I don't know if I would recomend anyone coming to AZ to see the terrain and the desert. I was in Sierra Vista, Fort Huachuca, October 06 till April 07 and
Tucson January 08 till June 08 on border mission with the TN National Guard. In my years with the military I have been to a lot of countrys and most states. South Wester AZ is the only place I would move to. The terrian, historical sites, people and lets not forget the grand canyon. I fell in love with AZ if my wife would haved moved in 06 that is where I would be hanging my hat today!

Posts: 80 | Location: on horseback | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Charlie, that is southeastern AZ! You sure don't want move to SW AZ as that is down near Yuma where it get's really hot! SE AZ they get about 5 days a year above 100 and 5 days a year below freezing! Elevations is around 4,000 feet and it does get windy from time to time. It's a beautiful place to live, now if someone could just figure out a way to make a living! There are a lot of Thompson's --including a Charlie Thompson-- that live in Elfrida and they are an old morman family that moved into that Valley from the mormon settlements down in Mexico back in the early 1900's! What message do I need to pickup Mike? What page is it on? My grandson walked me all over the Wonderland of Rocks and I don't think I can walk back by your office and pick it up as my legs are like rubber now! Got home and my Samsung HD TV would just click and never would come on so had to take it to the TV Doc yesterday and they put it in the "TV Hospital" and I hope they call today and say it is "gonna make it" at a non-prohibitive cost! This is the first time I have had to take a TV in for repairs since the late 60's! I think it is a capacitor in the power supply that is causing the problems but we will see! You all have an a** kickin' DC day! Oh yea, DC is "dead center" and is the equivalent of "hump day"! Wink Eyes Wink Big Grin Tongue Smile just do it Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I'm not a java person, but I need a boost of caffeine from something. Just seems like a long week.

Mike, the bagels are actually pretty good, if you get a good flavored one like onion, and have some good cream cheese on there. But by that time, you're probably better off calorie wise with donuts. I can't tell you the last time I had some good cornbread. Hard to find up here. I'll have to try to get to Big Mama's House of Soul and try hers, along with the barbeque. Love me some cornbread and barbeque.

Also Mike, when PRP switched to IHRA, the bracket finals were held there for the first 4 years, and being on a budget, we camped at the track. We woke up to the polkas also.

Michelle, I'm with you... I love to race, and love race weekends, but man, they wear me out come the end of them and trying to work the next day.

Nikki ran up some fevers after Karen's post yesterday. She hit 103. Hopefully today is a better day for them.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Day +12 and ANC 308
Posted 49 minutes ago
Nikki continues to take some well deserved naps as her body works hard to recover from all that she has been though. The fevers continue. With tylenol they go down to 102 but then go back up to 103. She has also needed blow by oxygen to keep her sats up when sleeping. I was told this morning that most likely that she has Engraftment Syndrome. Her body has not had healthy cells since mid April and is not sure what to do with them. It may last a few days. For now we monitor and celebrate that the healthy cells are growing! She will need platelets today but no blood. She had a chest x-ray done early this morning and it was fine. Blood cultures remain negative. All good things. When Nikki's ANC goes above 500 for three days then she can go back to the BMT playroom with a mask. Still waiting for the bathroom wall to get painted and the "field trip". LOL. One day at a time.

God bless Sawyer who one year ago today he lost his battle with cancer. Sawyer was 6. Your in my heart!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Ma Brewer, hope you ain't holden' it till the bathroom wall get's painted! Those glycerin suppositories help but still takes a lotta gruntin'! Get a roller and paint that wall before you get constipated! Have a great day and teach Mike how to spell "creek"! A "Creek" is a stream of water but when you open the door it "Creaks" but it is spelled different! I'll teach you "hillbillies" somethin' yet! Big Grin Wink Eyes Smile just do it Cool

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Mr. Price, Pittsburgeeze is creck, as in down by the creck!! LOL Yinzer nation!! LOL

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dragster66ss
posted Hide Post
"Dead Center Day"... Learned somethin new today.

Thanks Guy! Cool

...And a happy DC day to y'all Smile

Lee Roberson

“My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."” Harmon Killebrew

Posts: 1108 | Location: Greenville/Henderson, NC | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Evening folks, late again as usual. Guess I'm to late for some of that coffee. I bet ole Mike can make real good coffee. Tongue

I am glad to hear the progress that Nikki has made. We will keep on praying for her.

Mike, I am like you, just dont know about them bagels, aint much there. Give me some sausage and eggs, couple 2 or 3 biscuits, a bit of apple butter, man thats eatin there. Now I know what Krispy Kreme does with their old donuts, scrape the sugar off and walla we have bagels. Laughing

BTW, Mike hows Manny doing? aint heard much about him lately. Whats he been into lately?

Well, ya'll have a good Thursday.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey Marty got to tell you the video of the little guy's singing is great,my computer is slow downloading,but Mannie and me did this morning,and then went and showed it to Mom she loved it,it made her day,she loves youngens,I quess thats where I get my love for kids,plus I are one,so thanks for sharing,that littlest guy singing I bet he's a cat-bird,I loved how he sung so hard he would tremble,so good......................

And Mannie,we can't do enough stuff this summer,and he just now hollared and said Dad are you coming to bed,my back needs a rubbing,now what can I say to that,but in a minute,anyway he's back to wanting to go fishing down at my cousins catfish pond,where he caught his first fish,so every now and then we have to do that,and ofcourse rock collecting,and the other day I was working in the garden and he went to hollaring wanting to ride his old mare honey( by the name you can see why I said what I'm going to say)and I said climb up on the gate that she was standing beside and jump on,no halter or nothing,I was hoeing beans,and the next thing I know he hollars and say look Dad I'm riding Honey,and I be derned he had jumped off the gate on her back and was walking out through the field,I got to say I was alittle proud,because every other time,I would have to go and help him on her,so were busy.......

I hope you are doing ok,I know it's Hot on ya'll working outside,so be careful,I believe we're in for the dry spell now...............

And you know what I'm a talking about with them bagels or wornout donuts,give me biscuits and gravy with eggs and tenderloin,and you have my attention,and as for making coffee,I can only drank a little coffee with alot of sugar and coffeemate,my Dad God rest his soul used to laugh and say,you ought to just drank warm milk and sugar and just laugh,his was staight black,and strong,anyway we got to get together so we can catch up and kill alittle time,see you later,have a gooden.........................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dragster66ss
posted Hide Post
Smile

Lee Roberson

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Goooooooooooood Mornnnnnnnnnnnnnning you bunch of wonderful guy's and gals out in DRR land,man is it HOT or is just me,but hey it is SUMMER time,so lots to do,and talk about,thanks for putting up with me,and you guys and gals that live up the road,I love ya'll and I'm just picking about the bagels,NOT,yea I am, NOT,see I can't even win a agurement with myself..........................

Anyways lots to do today and see and I hope ya'll have a GOODEN and hope to see ya'll afterwhile...............................

Praying for Nikki,to keep having good reports...................................

And has anyone seen Floyd,now he's missing,first Guy and now Floyd,ya'll guys better quit this worrying me,or I'm going to put the both of ya'll in time out J/K,but I do hope all is well................................

Well ya'll grab a biscuit and put on it whatever ya'll see fit,even a bagel.............and MsFurr you're right about getting them kids together,since we talked about it,everything has went haywire,if you know what I mean,but we will get there,I promise Madi and little man and Mannie sometime together on the Farm and they will get it......or my name ain't COUNTRY................................................................