DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
OK Got on now

Posts: 6264 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
When all else fails ask the neighbor kid.

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good idea Floyd except my neighbors are cows

Posts: 6264 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, just pick a young cow. LOL

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening all ! What I hope you’re feeling good you’re all stapled together still. Fern you got a young gun driving for your what ? Still dry as heck out here, been pouring water on the ground for days. I got one heck of a water bill right now. Getting ready to go to wild horse on Saturday night . That’s all I got, y’all take it easy.

Hey Barry , you need to move bad. I know you just did it not too long ago, but not much racing out there in California .

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well Nick he is driving some points races at Piedmont. I guess compared to me he is a "young gun" but at 71 he is not exactly young. I may take the wheel at Rockingham next week. Getting hot here, supposed to hit 90s next week. Glad you are getting to race Nick. Stay safe

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning all? I’m a little late for that, i’m outside putting liquid gold on the ground. I still wonder how much my water bills going to be. Nice and cool though 83 at 10 AM is a nice temperature. Not to go in the garage now and get the car ready for Saturday. Fren rocking ham sounds great, good luck with that. Floyd how are you feeling are you getting more movement on the hand?

Y’all have a great day

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, happy Friday.

Floyd, hope you're healing up nicely.

Nick, don't melt out there.

Fern, I hope you're feeling good and get to race this weekend.

I got back on the track last weekend, in the '69, $5Ks at Keystone. 6 red, dead on 6 first round Saturday, hogged up .024 to be 1 under in reentry. Fell asleep badly third round Sunday. Weather isn't looking good for this weekend.

We lost a racer to Covid this week. Mr. Paton was a great guy and tough racer. His sons are my buddies, they're dealing best they can.

Enjoy the weekend!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good to see you in here Chuck. Looks like the rain gods might get the Rock but we are ready. Had a battery explode in the motor home a couple of days ago, what a mess. It had been sitting since March. I got a new battery and cleaned up the mess yesterday. Been real hot and dry here for more than a month. Got an appointment at the VA today as they are still trying to figure out why I dropped out back in March---You all stay safe and have a good weekend. Thank a veteran!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck,

Welcome back. Hand is healing up fine. Very little scarring and movement improves every day. Just gotta keep squeezing my ball.
I use a 10's unit a couple of times a day to excite the nerves. It helps.
Y'all have a gooden

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mor5nin Y'all!

Can't let this slip off the first page.

Weather is on the rise out here and looks to have stabilized. Time to dust off the minitruck and start our evening rides again. Restrictions are all supposed to be gone shortly so maybe some of the neighbors will come out to play. Woody would really enjoy seeing everybody.It's been a long shut down.

Y'all have a gooden and if anybody is racing, be safe and have fun.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You are right Floyd. Poured rain here yesterday but we really needed it. Grass is dead, but that could be a good thing, won't have to mow. I keep planning to go racing but don't get to go. Might try tomorrow. Kids have been holding me back some but I am ready to go. Daughter from Baltimore has been coming for a week each month. Sure wish I could have had a job like that. She was here a week, worked a week, and is now at the beach. Must be nice. I watched some of the SFG race last night. Pretty good. Any way need to get in here more often. Everyone stay safe

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It has been done. I made my first passes as an 80 year old Sat. Didn’t make much of an impression but I made 4 trips down the track. Car went the same ET all 4 trips. Sure felt good.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Good for you Fern. Keep this up and you will catch up with the Greek.
Glad you had fun.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Alright Fern that’s great! First round Saturday night my trans reverse pack died rolling me through the beams and going .143 red haha . So you got more hits than me! This year has been real bad for me , just can not Seem to get past round 4. I’m not complaining I think I’ve had more fun this year watching my buddies kick butt , When you’re out you have a lot of time to watch .

You all have a great day !!

Dancing Cat

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
First hit everything went perfect except .129 light, 2nd hit .124 light, third hit, .114 light. Getting closer, so 4th round I leave on a bright 2nd light and go .025 red. Don't know if I ever been worse. Sunday my friend jumps in for his 1 time run and forgets to turn on the shifter. Guess at dial, .008 red. Buys back .008 green passes guy at 330, pats the gas and throttle linkage breaks---done! But It was just good to be out there. By the way thanks to everyone who helped us old guys and happy 79th birthday Alvin Dildine.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Been a week since I posted. Been hot and raining in the afternoon. Mowed the yard one day, 5 1/2 hours, before it got to hot. Had to replace alternator on race car as it was periodically locking up causing belt to fail. Never saw anything like that before. Then had a caliper lock up on my duelly, its still not fixed as the new one isn't right. Glad I have a/c in the garage. Going today to get new tires on my motor home before the Biden price increase kicks in. You all have a good and stay safe.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all!

Gettin warm here on the left coast. 102 yesterday and supposed to get 105 today. Woody and I just might be staying in. Got nothing pressing to go out for except the pharmacy for drugs but that's a drive up window so no big deal.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Afternoon all , been outside digging a large hole trying to fix a broken irrigation line . Gave it up for now being 108 going to 113 soon. I’ll be working in the morning when it’s a little cooler. Fern I quit using an alternator after one blew up during a final round in S/P killing my ignition box too , split right in half. Now I have two batteries and charge between rounds . Even hot lapping never have a problem! MSD fixed the box for $325 haha . Sure wish we could get some rain, 9 days of over 110 straight is going to be a new record for us. Got a race on 26th , night race and by the time 1st round happens should only be a cool 99 degrees . I just can’t wait!

It's so Hot

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nick I to have a couple of big batteries in the trunk but with a 100 amp alternator I never have to have a charger. I hate fooling with them especially since these ones they have now won't do a direct charge--they think you have enough thats all you get.
When I was a kid there in Tucson I can remember running copper lines for a/c in attics when it was over 100. I heard that the transplants brought their plants and more irrigation so now you have higher humidity. That true?
Got new tires for the motor home today and sold my old ones for $750 to a guy that was there getting some low boy tires mounted. I wanted to get new ones before the Biden price increase sets in. Everyone stay safe.