DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qtrrcr:
Floyd, I did that exact same thing in the late 80s. Something let go about 3/4 track, broke the driveline in half and part of it poked a hole where the back seat used to be. Broke the pinion off the rear end, broke the transmission clear off the bell housing and I was dragging it down the track by the shift cable in a shower of sparks. The engine would have still run, except for when the trans left and the engine tipped back it knocked the distributor cap off.

I put on a JW Ultrabell and new tailshaft done by Remac. I still have the hole in the bed. It's a conversation starter.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Happy 4th to you all, better late than never. Raining hard 1 mile east of me but dry here!Barry I’m really tired of his posting too , I have him blocked but still see some of his rambling. Fern was there a few times with a friend who raced B/G as I remember, 65 Mustang with a straight axle and big block ford with a 4 speed . Thing sat so high you needed a step ladder to get in, he had a home builder for a sponcor , l been looking for years for a photo of it, it was orange with white lettering “ PAT Homes “ on the doors!

You all Have A great evening!!!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Barry,
Which village idiot are you referring to?

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Barry,
Never mind. It's got to be Ed.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well I have worked on car ever since coming home from the WFC. Have changed about every thing but the paint and still sounds dead. Getting my friend who is a pretty good race engine builder to come take a look today. Stumped! Don't worry about Ed ****** his alligator mouth always did over load his humming bird a$$. Son is a pretty good driver. You all be safe.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
Then you gotta change the paint. LOL
You know it's going to be something simple. Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.
I don' worry about Ed. He doesn't matter to anybody but himself. Sometimes it's fun to play him like a puppet. One thing about that type of personality is they can't see the obvious. The more you pick on him the more he calls you names just so he can post that stupid avatar.
Y'all have a gooden!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Oh well. Sometimes you can't see the woods for the trees. I think it is fixed, maybe. At least in the garage it sounds good. Crank trigger sensor, stuck a old one on there that worked and it perked right up.....Must have got some moisture in it.. Ran in some water on the return road. I just hope that was it.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
That's great. That damn tree does get in the way. LOL

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! Sounds like we're all doing ok at least. Fuel pump went on the '69 Cutlass a couple of weeks ago, swapped it out for last weekend, and the car is a tenth slower. When I swapped it, I didn't check the fuel filter. The car is consistent, and I really think it's fuel. I changed the oil, nothing in it, pulled the valve covers, and all the springs are good, no junk up in the heads either. Had the bye first round Friday night, got round 1 in, then the rain came. Hogged it up second round Saturday to lose in a double breakout. I'll chase the fuel filter and hopefully get the G body fixed up; think I have a month or so before I race again.

Fern, glad the car seems to be good. When are you racing again?

Nick, you ok out there? I hope you're feeling better.

Floyd, you're right, glad you know the game with him.

You all have a great weekend!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck I may try to test it tomorrow, Friday, if I can. Have to go to Morgantown Sat.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good to hear from you Chuck! Still hot as heck, 104-108 and still trying to rain. We got a trace to tease us but less than 3/8” total in 3 storms. Last race broke oil pump pickup tube. This year has been a bust ! Next race September. Just trying to keep moving, but hard to do. Good to hear Fern is race ready and hoping Chuck is ready too!

Have A Great Weekend All !

Relaxing

Floyd make my steak medium rare and my whiskey over ice !

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
To hot to test---going North in the morning.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick,
Steak is always med rare and whiskey is always on the rocks. I never could get into that "neat" thing.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Well I have worked on car ever since coming home from the WFC. Have changed about every thing but the paint and still sounds dead. Getting my friend who is a pretty good race engine builder to come take a look today. Stumped! Don't worry about Ed ****** his alligator mouth always did over load his humming bird a$$. Son is a pretty good driver. You all be safe.

True about Village idiot. What ignition box do you have? I have had 3 of the &-AL2 boxes go bad. One of them would start and run but was just weak and did not want to run good. Was not really missing or popping but just did not want to turn RPM and go.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Digital plus 6 MSD. Used it for years

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
MSD 6AL, MSD billet distributor, MSD coil, 2 step, shift activator and MSD wires.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have not been a fan of the MSD ignition wires I like the moroso Ultra 40 much better.

Lately there have been a lot of people having trouble with MSD caps and rotors. I think the quality of them has really gone down hill.

As for the ignition box it is always a good idea to have a spare and if you have any indication it may be acting up change it out to verify.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I ran Mallory stuff years and years ago. Dual point distributor, etc. For some reason the shaft locked up on the distributor and turned the housing at the end of a pass and of course the engine died. On the return road I was able to retime the engine, restart and drive back to the pits. Anyway, decided to go electronic and went MSD everything, have done now for the last 30 years. Still running my original analog 6A box. I won a digital 6 somewhere, never have put it on, still in the box in the trailer. Definitely sold on MSD.

Posts: 299 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Made a run up North Sat to my place on the Ohio river. One thing I noticed, oil and gas production has not slowed in the area one little bit. They fracked 4 wells in my area last week and every where you look it seemed every thing and everyone was flush with money. Grocery store parking lot was full of new 4wd pickups and looks like now days the wives have discovered Escalades and Navigators. Even saw several Mercedes. New high school looks like a 5 star resort, no portable school rooms here. Made me feel better about my own wells. Thats my news.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well for awhile I thought it was fixed after changing the crank trigger pickup. Sounded good in the garage so Sat hauled it to Darlington and it just didn't go. Burnout sounded good but when I hit it to go down the track it just fell flat. I am really fustrated with this. I mean the car ran perfect, parked it for an hour and it won't fall out of a tree. It just feels to me like its got a dead cylinder but they all check out good. Baffled.