DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hope everyone is well!
Just checking in.

Clue me in though why and how all the signatures are cleaned up. Also seems some posters are gone. Don't want to start anything but kind of happened in one fell sweep. Either way I'm good with it.

Watching the YellowBullet race online. I could have gone to spectate but stayed home today. Maybe tomorrow but unlikely. My friends are stinking it up E1.

Enjoy the rest of the extended weekend.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
Clue me in though why and how all the signatures are cleaned up. Also seems some posters are gone. Don't want to start anything but kind of happened in one fell sweep. Either way I'm good with it.

You are behind times or just trying to stir the pot! There's one member gone & the other "posters" decided what they wanted to do! See the thread below, that you may or may not have seen.

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...5460652/m/7067038007

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I did not see that post somehow.
Just was curious why the change.
We all know who it was. Nuff said.

All good.

Plenty that was said here crossed the line by many. It certainly wouldn't want someone to start bracket racing. I'm glad SL cleaned it up!

All be good.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
M120:
I also want to wish the Phillies good luck throughout the rest of the MLB season. I was also a Phillies fan when I lived in Reading, but that was when Richie Ashburn played back in the 40's and 50's. We had high hopes for our Padres but they came up short, (real short). Hope springs eternal there's always next year for the third highest payroll in MLB. Maybe it's the water?

Still need to update my Chassis Cert so I can continue competing hopefully that happens in the next week or so

Glad to see that Scott has taken action on DRR although I have a good relationship with one of the parties this needed to happen. Ed did a huge favor for me a few years ago, and I have a long thankful memory.

Have a wonderful day, week and year everyone just don't become forgetful, still watch your 6 we live in a crazy World.

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good morning, all.

The wait is almost over & should be racing next weekend. Plus, the bracket finals at the end of the month!

Hopefully it will be a busy month of turning on win lights, then again maybe not! Looking forward to being back in the compete seat. Wink

Hope all is well with everyone!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
M120:
I also want to wish the Phillies good luck throughout the rest of the MLB season. I was also a Phillies fan when I lived in Reading, but that was when Richie Ashburn played back in the 40's and 50's.

Bob

My only memories was his broadcasting career. Spent my Summers at Long Beach Island, NJ with the neighbors always having the game on the radio tending to their garden in my youth.
Miss those days!

Cool

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon to all, what a great weekend of racing and hanging with friends. Could not catch a break in the lanes pulling up to great heavy hits that were friends to boot. Haha Car count was huge , a gambler took up 7 lanes back to the pits . 9 round race had a late start around with TNT started a 10pm and the final 6:20 am Sunday morning.

You all have a great day , enjoy !

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well Nick I like that. Not many of those all nighters anymore. Fern chickened out as I should have been at Bristol. They had something going on near here but I can't get excited about a race that has 2 rounds of buybacks and only pays 8 places. Hope they did well without me. Most on here won't know him but there was Doyle Kay in the final for $100,000 at Bristol Sat. That guy at one time was the best in the country and stopped racing for 11 years, yes 11 years! Sure didn't look like he lost any of his talent and it was good to see him back. Hope everyone had a good holiday and got home safe.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fren this weekend‘s race had a Lotta different classes. And there is a challenge for Mexico‘s team US team. But if you read the fire real good there was no mention of a guaranteed money. I always thought that means very few people will show up. but we had between 350 and 400 cars on the grounds Racing. To me that’s unbelievable. most all the racers had a great time, there are still a few complainers , Like they say you can’t make everyone happy.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good evening folks. Not much new going on for me right now. Still looking at October for getting our fast car back up and running. Making plans and stuffing money under the mattress, marked as racing funds so maybe the wife will leave it in the event she comes across it. Should be able to start working on the street/footbrake car again early next year as well. Should be a fun toy.

CCRA and CCMP are racing at GALOT this weekend. I'm hoping to make it out to watch. It's either that, or more work on cleaning out moms house.

There's a lot I need to get caught up on so I can race again, but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting a little larger and brighter.

Y'all have a great week.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 110 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Morning y'all! All set up and ready to go at the Fling in Columbus! We get started tomorrow for the Allstars 100k. Cory and Caraline are parked next door and that team will be one to watch!

Kevin Pollard got in as an alternate and asked me to team up with him in the 100k with him on the door car side and I will be on the dragster side. We both broke our leg in the last year, 6 months apart. Team broken leg is looking forward to an outstanding week of racing in great weather in Ohio!

Power Tool

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Kevin is a good one. He won the 10k at Bristol Sunday in fact. I am considering making the SFG race at Rockingham at the end of the month, maybe. Drive safe Chris.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good morning, all. Smile

BTR, I'm happy to hear you have light at the end of the tunnel!

I'm working on getting everything ready for the final two points races this weekend. The car hasn't been in the trailer since May.

Even though I live in a rural area, I'm holding off on making noise for another hour or so.

2BKING Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Morning y'all! All set up and ready to go at the Fling in Columbus! We get started tomorrow for the Allstars 100k. Cory and Caraline are parked next door and that team will be one to watch!

Kevin Pollard got in as an alternate and asked me to team up with him in the 100k with him on the door car side and I will be on the dragster side. We both broke our leg in the last year, 6 months apart. Team broken leg is looking forward to an outstanding week of racing in great weather in Ohio!

Power Tool

Can’t use the Hollywood cliche here…….

Have fun, kick some butt and be safe!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good evening y'all. Hope everyone's doing well and staying cool out there. Working 12 hours a day in this heat wave has me feeling like overcooked bacon on the griddle... Thank God we're getting a break starting tomorrow. Sadly, the CCRA/CCMP/Classic Gear Jammers race at GALOT for this weekend has been cancelled due to forecasted bad weather. On a happy note, (weather permitting), The CCRA has moved their race to Coastal Plains for Saturday. I assume and hope CCMP will be there as well since they're run by the same folks. I haven't heard if the Classic Gear Jammers are doing the same. Works out really well for me since CPD is only 15 minutes from moms house, instead of a couple hours to GALOT. As the crow flies, It's actually only a few short miles away, but due to an extra wide creek, more like a river, we have to go around our arse to get to our elbow when driving out there. As kids growing up in that house, My brother and I would sit out back could very clearly hear the cars out there on race nights. Since her neighborhood has grown and been overbuilt, You can't hear them as well anymore. I do miss that whenever I've been there visiting over the years. Should give me the opportunity to do some things to clear out her house and still get out to watch some good racing. Feeling more and more motivated to get the hotrods back into racing shape again.

Y'all have a great week/weekend and stay cool out there.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 110 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just thought I'd report that I saw on MMTV from Ohio that Torqin is doing Dry Hops after the burnout! Big Grin

Cool

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good morning,

Track is going hot this weekend in more ways than one!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well been absent for awhile as has everyone else it seems. Starting to worry about Floyd, Not like him to stay gone this long. Watched some good racing this weekend at the Fling and at MIR. Foot braker down to 3 cars yesterday at the Fling. John Meyers down to 5 in the Monte at MIR then red lights--he wins that one he is in the final for $30k as everyone else had already had a bye. Still looks like I'll be at the SFG race at Rockingham next week in the foot brake part. Good chance to get out and its close to home. Everyone stay safe.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hope everyone is well!
Just checking in.

Looks like some stuff was cleaned up here so many of us cleaned up our signatures. Too many people have been ran off through the years because of the mess. Hopefully we move forward and do not look back.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4020 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just thought I'd report that I saw on MMTV from Ohio that Torqin is doing Dry Hops after the burnout! Big Grin

Hello everyone!

M120,

This past weekend I wanted to foot brake my car for a pass or two, I haven't foot fed since around 1993 or 94. Anyway, I told the boy that I was going to practice it with a dry hop 1st. I did & was rewarded with a nice wheel stand! He was supposed to video the deal & post on Double 00 shyt show!

I get back to the pits & he told me I was 00 on the dry hop & .190 on the tree (literally). I got heckled from my friend/announcer about it. The bad thing is the boy didn't even take a video for the Double 00 shyt show.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436