DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Fern you are approaching middle age Big Grin Precede with caution Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Fern
I'm right with you on when we started racing. I believe it was 1960 when I first ran my '54 Ford at Pomona. I should have realized earlier before I spent a whole lot of money on it that Ford's don't make good race cars. I bought a lot of transmissions for that car.
Happy Birthday

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Wow busy place ! Hope you all have had a great Holiday . I did a bunch of honey do’s! Great Day !

Easter Egg

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I hope you guys are OK!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
He!! Nick I have been mad for 3 days because I couldn't find a race that don't happen till next week. I feel fine but Drs and kids keep trying to find out why I fell out awhile back. Have had more tests than the space shuttle with no indication of what happened. Got Duke and the VA on it though. Going once more in the morning. Everyone stay safe

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern,

It happens sometimes. A short time ago I dropped something in the kitchen. Bent over to pick it up and just kept going. No damage except a bruise on my butt. Dancing Cat

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
My wife is headed back to Va. to spend two weeks with the Family, meanwhile it's just me and the pooch holding down the fort, she's in command. I'm sort of going through the same things as Fern, lots of tests and surgery, second time they are cutting me this month. Can't have surgery without another covid test, dang ridiculous after having the second covid inoculation. Masks and six foot spacing tells me they don't have any confidence in the vaccine.

When the summer heat hits that friggin mask is going into the trash can. 110 + degrees with a mask isn't happening! The Governor and his mask police can pucker up.

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I wondered about that Bob. My surgery is scheduled for the 28th and I've had both shots so I didn't know if I had to test again or not. It's no big deal to get tested, just a little time. Lat test only took 15 mins including waiting. Then they cancelled the surgery.
I got my fingers crossed I can get it done this time.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,

Just go a conformation that my surgery is confirmed for the 28th of this month. Only thing that has to be done gain is the blood work and the covid test. I just want to get this over with. Been tryin to get this done for 4 months.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good Floyd. I am still dealing with my BS but I feel good and seem to be functioning normal. Still no positive diagnosis.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, any day we feel good is a good day,

I'm just hoping to get some strength back in my left hand and my pinky finger to quit tingling and straighten out. It's going to take some theray to make it work right, if it ever does.

Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I pay attention to your journey Floyd as I also have some of that hand BS. But every thing works. Like you say at this age we are thankful to get up and get moving every day. Did you ever imagine thinking of 50+ year olds as “kids”? I have yet to make a pass as a 80 year old but hopefully I will.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
You'll get your 80 yr old pass soon I'm sure.

The procedure is, left ulnar nerve release at elbow with possible muscular transposition, left carpal tunnel release, left ulnar nerve release at the canal of Guyon. I've never been to Italy. LOL!

Have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
All done. In at 1 pm out at 6 pm. Cant bend my left arm much, sore as h3ll but it will get better.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Alright Floyd!!!

clapping

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I'll be doing things one handed for a while.
Get the bandages changed next Monday and the another week to get the staples and stitches out.
Ya'll have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Glad they are taking care of you buddy. They just keep patching us old guys up and keeping us going. You hang in there

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Had a little episode with the elbow today. Pulled a staple and started bleeding. ONLY GOT 15 and only popped one. Had to go get it redressed. Skin gets pretty thin as we get older. I'll be careful and try not to pop any more till Monday.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You take care. I am going to the track today, Piedmont, got a hired driver. I feel like I could drive but got to humor the kids and the DR for now. Good to see Jerry Brewer win at the Flings last race. Local guy. Worst thing was the interview with Caroline McCarty, announcer blocked her out the whole time. Take care

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Went to the doctor today to get the bandages changed. Everything is healing well AND they will take out the stitches and staples next Monday. Getting feeling back in my hand so all is good.
Y'all have a gooden!