DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning to all!! Been pouring water on plants since 5 am your are all in need of a drink! When I got up at 4:30 it was still 86 degrees outside . Fern it gives me something to do charging, fueling, checking weather station , doing the tires ! And I still have time to check on my friends
Status in or out! Yesterday temp record was beat 115 for the day , old record 114 set in 1896!!!

You all have a great day!

Make my drink real cold!

BlahBlah
Relaxing

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick,
That late night stuff is for you young kids. Us old guys need our sleep and meals at a regular time.
Don't worry, your time is coming. Relaxing

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You tell them Floyd. I dumped my coffee in my lap first thing this morning. What a way to start the day.

Posts: 6264 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hot coffee please not in this heat, make mine over ice. 5 days over 115 and no cool down till Tuesday in the forecast then will be 108.....haha ...Still need to change broken tranny before the 26th. Well I need to go and pour water on some plants outside!

Relaxing

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all. Happy weekend. I'm hoping the weather forecast changes for tomorrow, but it isn't looking like it. I wish we could ship the rain west, cool you guys off and help with the drought.

Our season started last month, twin $5ks, 6 red and dead on 6 round 1 Saturday, hogged it up and broke out in the reentry. Third round Sunday, snoozed against a dragster. Last week was the first points race, think I was in a little too deep (deep staging), 11 red, slowed about .012 in the 60'.

Fern, I hope you get back out there soon. Feeling fine?

How's your wing, Floyd?

Nick, dry heat, doesn't matter, that is like opening the oven door, stepping outside. I'd be changing the trans at like 3am, or whatever time of night is "coolest"... if 91 is cool.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck if you check a few pages back you will see that I have actually raced in a points race a few weeks back, at 80 years old. My car is deadly but my driving skills leave something to be desired. I would venture to say me and George Page will be the oldest at the WFC---I get to see so many friends there if I don't win a round.

Posts: 6264 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Chuck,
The wing is progressing. Getting strength back but dexterity is slow to come back.

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I just read that Kyle Seipel has succumbed to cancer. RIP Kyle. You fought a great fight. Praying

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,

Yep, it's summer. We're back to triple digits for the next few weeks. Gonna do my part to support the electrical grid.

Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You got those wind mills cranked up and killing the birds Floyd? Looks like as many people as are leaving out there shouldn't be any shortage of electricity. Glad you are getting better. Been ok here 70s low 80s. Raining right now, makes the grass grow. Stay safe.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
The windmills were greast before the government stepped. in. They have a way of screwing things up. We still have a few wind farms down around Palm Springs but they seem to be diminishing. They are not going to be able to replace fossil, fuel for energy production. I don't care what they say.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I hope you are right. With my family involved in coal mining and me with my oil and gas leases it's our lively hood. So far production is ok but with the current administrations war on pipe lines no matter the production if they can't get it to the consumer. Don't know of any wind mills around here but several solar panel farms.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
We have a couple of giant solar farms out here. How much they actually contribute I don't know.
We also have a lot of oil but if our governor and sleepy Joe have anything to do with it that will slow down. We can't maintain the power grid right now and they want more electric? Doesn't make a lot of sense.
The government is loaning a lot of money to firms building off shore wind farms. This has the same smell of failure that Solaro and some of those other solar farms had. Executives and contractors got rich and the tax payer lost.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,

Did I get too political and run everybody off? Didn't mean to. Just stating facts like I see 'em.

If Teslas keep catching fire maybe they will look at ev a little closer.

Y'all have a gooden. Stay cool!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I went to Bristol last Wend Floyd....I don't know how a car can perform perfect through 4 T&T runs and one time run before competition then fall flat when you start it to go race but that's what happened. Lots of us worked on it till about 2 to no avail so I packed up and came home. Just now got here. Your politics are good, just hang in there.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
No Floyd I’m still here, just been under the weather and don’t have much to say. Bought diesel for $2.88 today, and regular for wife’s car $2.69 . Last week at team race oil pump pickup tube broke off , so I’m was done before first round but went up and staged any way ! Even went red, haha
We have had some great rain around town, but at my house .002 inch’s reported my neighbor weather man! Floyd check your phone

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Fern, been there done that. I've broke everything from the engine back. Missed a shift once and spun a bearing, had a driveshaft come apart and break the bell housing off the trans and poked a hole in the bed, spit out a ring and pinion the vibration broke a weld on the fuel cell. Yep! They say go fast don't last. So each time you break something you just spend more money and up grade.

Goin to cool off a little today, only get to the mid 90's. Y'all have a gooden and stay cool.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Floyd, I did that exact same thing in the late 80s. Something let go about 3/4 track, broke the driveline in half and part of it poked a hole where the back seat used to be. Broke the pinion off the rear end, broke the transmission clear off the bell housing and I was dragging it down the track by the shift cable in a shower of sparks. The engine would have still run, except for when the trans left and the engine tipped back it knocked the distributor cap off.

Posts: 312 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Morning, It seems the independents here have all the fireworks! Could here it Booming in town 4 miles!
Very sad about Kyle. Great family, Great man.
Really tired of every post being obliterated by the. village idiot and his extremist b u l l s h i t . Can’t handle the truth...
Hope you all have a great 4th.
Just finished our Generac! Bring it PGE!!

California Screaming!
Raceless in California!

Posts: 4620 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Oldest daughters birthday is today. I was at the race track when that happened. Nick I was at Bee Line drag strip, do you remember that place near phoenix? 1966. Every body have a good day and be safe.