DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Hey, Allen,
Yeah Mike is okay. He spends him time on face book.

Not of late , but ok thanks Mr Floyd.

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We lost another long time North Carolina racer Friday. Bobby Smith passed Friday. Most recently known for his high winding small block S-10 The Widow Maker on the Gear Jammers circuit. He was a good friend and will surely be missed by me.

Posts: 6217 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Fern. As you know the older we get the more friends we will lose.
RIP

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yep---8 years younger than me

Posts: 6217 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys for not getting back in here. Been super busy recently. House project coming along.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. I got to watch my niece in her high school band at their football game Friday night. The show at KRP this weekend was pretty awesome, love seeing the place packed and everyone having fun. I wish I had been able to go to Cecil, though. My buddy Matt runnered up Saturday, then won it yesterday.

Alan, good to see you stopping by. I hope you're doing ok. Mike English pinged Mike's timeline, and Mike Hawks said he appreciates everyone thinking of him, and he'll be in when he can.

Fern, very sorry to hear about your friend.

Floyd, you're right about that. It's great to have the extended family, and it hurts to lose them, like any family member.

1258, good kind of busy, I hope.

You all have a great day.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yep--been to more funerals lately than I can stand. Most of these guys are younger than me which makes it a little harder......that place was packed last night, glad lots of people showed up. Later

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Last of the warm muggy days in this stretch. I went to the Pirate game last night, and it felt like the end of July, not the end of September. Looks like we cool off tomorrow into some really nice weather, 70.

Thinking about you, Fern.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Mornin all... The hump day is here and I could not be more happy. Is it just me or is Fern just a working machine. I did three things over the weekend 2 Hours of work , by the time I found what I needed and made four trips to the hardware stores had close to 9 hour into these three "easy" projects. Dang I could have been racing ....LOL This weekend the track is putting on "FALL FUEL EXTRAVAGANZA" which will include a bracket race , so I thought I would go out. Fun to be in the circus for a one day event, plus racing when there's 10,000 in the stands is kind of fun (sure only 100 may be watching LOL)

Chuck, good to see you at a ball game , dang last time I was at a pro event was in 1995...Hahaha

Fern, the way your going I think you may be live to be 105 year's old , its my goal to keeping racing till I'm as old as you....

Floyd , that weather at SLC divisional really screwed things up... But my buddy is still #1 with Greg V. hot on his heals in points ,

Camaroracer, Good to see you keyed in... Hope your kitchen is shaping up....

Have a great day!!!!

Wish me luck as I bought in to Fall Fling Dragster raffle to be drawn on Friday night (Could use a lot of luck)...

Tip PC

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Watching my friends make a few rounds at the "Fling". Jeff Verdi just red lighted and David George and Richard Jelich also lost....Fern washed truck, raked and planted some grass. Easy day. Guess I got to get up to VA and get my race car back but truck is in the body shop and don't want to take motor home.....Must be getting lazy. You all have a good day.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Watching my friends make a few rounds at the "Fling". Jeff Verdi just red lighted and David George and Richard Jelich also lost....Fern washed truck, raked and planted some grass. Easy day. Guess I got to get up to VA and get my race car back but truck is in the body shop and don't want to take motor home.....Must be getting lazy. You all have a good day.

You Lazy , GIVE ME A BREAK.... Shake head I don't believe it for a second....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Still trying to sell my mustang but not easy to sell. Going to take time. Trying to get that sold to buy a truck. Love having a desk job for things like the Fling.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Hitting a nice stretch of real fall weather now, high 60s, low 70s, no humidity. Looks like it will be a nice day Saturday, planning on testing, haven't been in the car for 3 weeks, and October is a busy month of racing.

Nick, good stuff, with my brother, dad, and sister, Cutch his 2 dingers, including his first grand slam. I just wish the Pirates were in contention, but still nice to see a win. It is cool to race in front of a crowd, hope all goes well there.

Fern, I haven't gotten to watch any of the Fling yet. There are a bunch of KRP friends there, hoping they do well. I'm with Nick, don't believe for a second that you're lazy.

1258, hold out for your price if you know the car is worth it. I am hoping to sneak a little Fling viewing in myself here this morning. Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning at all.... Just as I was hoping it to cool down for Saturdays Fall Fuel Extravaganza temps are going back to 97, an we are starting at 1 in the afternoon ..... It will not cool down till we are done and the BIG Show starts at 8 pm . And here I thought it would be a nice fall day in the mid 80s...LOL
That's the desert SW for you , never try to guess mother nature she will bite you in the rear end.....

I've been lucky to see a lot of the Fling, My job was me with 2 computers and two screens and a lap top so one as it running all the time. My owner has come into the office a few times to watch too... Friday evening I'll miss the 50k final, but having that texting service 797979 to your smart phone and using the word Fling I get all the results as it happens. Luv it ....

Caramoracer, you hold on that Mustang will sell...

Chuck, hope you get to see some of your friends racing the Fling...

What's al I got .

Have a Great day.... Tip PC

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good day my friends finally got back around my friend Mike English all the way out on the west coast sent me a message the other day said my pals over here on Drews was wondering about me and if I was still above ground lol to tell the truth I was almost ashamed of myself for staying gone so long I don't even know where to being so I'll just say it's good see the post is still standing over 12,000 going to need to update title. Lol. As I said I won't try to catch up today and Fern was up its to hot to sow grass, It's so Hotand Chuck I saw where you got rid of all that weight that take strength and will power but you will drank a cold glass of sweet tea wouldn't you. HMMMMand to all you guys and gals I'm going to go back and read a bit and I'll catch back up.
Thanks for thinking about me been bout as rough of a year I could have ever thought would or could happen to me still waiting for my boy Mannie to get to come home social services still has him and won't let him come home due to me finding black moll in my moms old home they say it ain't safe so I'm living in my dream home a 44'racecar trailer and I love it works great for me being wheelchair bound but they say it ain't fit for Mannie to live in either but me being in a wheelchair it's fine they know the deal I've ask for help to fix my house but non available lol. I wasn't going here but I did it's just tough being tighted down and can't do much but I'm trying hoping tomorrow is that day Mannie could come home ain't worried about me some days I don't feel like I've got that much more time sorry again for being gone so long my friends and next time I'll try and not pack a bag of tuff luck y'all take it easy and I'll see y'all in a bit.

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Good hearing fromyou, Mikey!

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey Floyd it would be fun still to jump in that old mini-Winnie and head your way and have that prime rib,I was thinking the other day about that Christmas myself and Mannie in the mini-Winnie flew out your way had Michelle and Rick and the kids headed out that was a fun story even if it was a dream lol.

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
Great to see you back Mike, you have a way of making this cold ol'Internet just a bit warmer.........thanks for that.

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XPS fan:
Great to see you back Mike, you have a way of making this cold ol'Internet just a bit warmer.........thanks for that.

X2 XPS always seems to say it best....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Well thank y'all I'm not a very wise man but I was blessed with a dad that taught me lots of common sense stuff that I sometimes forget lol but I enjoy hear and seeing folks laugh and hey this getting back in here mite be just what the Dr. ordered. See y'all after bit.