DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All.... Great news about your cool weather, the SW is still hot this weekend 100-102 early next week back to 105.....

Camaroracer, the to tracks here let you run one car both classes... Street,Pro, Super Pro you just must stay to each classes rules. Do if your running street must stay within ET break, but you still can run Pro.... a few of the heavy hitter foot brake guys have made street rough on that class having .011 packages ....

Chuck, when I first came back to racing I had a 11.80s car that slowly got upgraded over the years to 10.90s. I always said when I got the Camaro if I could run 10.20 at sea level I would be happy and that's what I've done. Fast guys always look at the car and say "why is it so slow" and I tell them "you should ask why is it so consistent" LOL

Have A Great Day.... GO Cards

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I like consistent---Like never changing the dial in for 3 days, waste of shoe polish Big Grin

Posts: 6217 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine, Kenny Anderson is a fire fighter/paramedic in Coral Gables Florida. He's also a drag racer. My thoughts and prayers are with he and his family and the other folks on the other coast.
Good luck, Kenny!

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
A friend of mine, Kenny Anderson is a fire fighter/paramedic in Coral Gables Florida. He's also a drag racer. My thoughts and prayers are with he and his family and the other folks on the other coast.
Good luck, Kenny!

Exactly Floyd. Spoke with Tubie yesterday, they batten down hatches too. Staying put. We will be thinking of all. Pretty scary. Looks like more coming too.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4525 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Good luck, Kenny!

Exactly Floyd. Spoke with Tubie yesterday, they batten down hatches too. Staying put. We will be thinking of all. Pretty scary. Looks like more coming too.

YEP , I'm hoping for the best as more are stacking up be hide the first one, prayers and keeping my fingers cross for all of them....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have a ton of friends and family down there and it don't look good. Take to long to list everyone but hope they all come out ok.

Posts: 6217 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Looks like the weather will cooperate for test and tune tonight, and looks perfect for tomorrow, high 60s, sunny and clear. It's the last points day, and I need to go rounds in Top to have a shot at qualifying for bracket finals. It will be a fun chase in 3 classes, tight battles for the championships and positions.

1258, I like low maintenance too. Pump gas, warm it up and go. Good luck this weekend. If it was me, I'd be all about the $3k footbrake race first, then everything else secondary. Big Grin

Nick, most tracks out this way let you double class, same thing, just have to meet each class' rules. No boxes can be in the car to run Modified, have to be quicker than the slowest allowed dial in Top, etc. I'll run any ET, don't really care what it is, if it's consistent. But quicker is more fun! Big Grin

Fern, we gonna have to tear you down, see if you're getting sneaky on us?? Big Grin

Thinking of all those in harm's way of Irma. Bunch of DRR folks down there. Be safe all.

Ice cream time! You all have a great weekend.

Relaxing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning guys.

RED a lot of the heavy hitters like running street and pro making it tough to beat them in either class.

I won the 12.50 index class. I think it had it's highest car count of the year at 12. Everyone wants to go fast but not 12.50. Could be a fun class.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Sky is as blue this morning as it was 16 years ago today.

I won't forget today
Sun is bright, sky is blue, yeah
I won't forget to pray
Day is night, the world is new, yeah

The pain will go away
In another year or two
In a hundred years or two
In a thousand years or two
- The Clarks "Hey You"

Left the house this morning
Bells ringing filled the air
Wearin' the cross of my calling
On wheels of fire I come rollin' down here
- Bruce Springsteen "The Rising"

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
1258 that was always a problem in Div 1. Several of those running street had purpose built race cars and had been racing for 30 years or more...it was like a cash cow to them and ran off the beginners in the class real quick.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Race day did't go as I wanted it to. .022 behind Russ Benish on the tree, and he drove me to .005 in Modified. In Top, my feet didn't listen when my brain was saying WAIT and jumped it way red. Salt in the wound is that Bubba was .071 total. Bought back in Mod, red again, and parked it. Watched the rest of the race day, last day of points, exciting chases and bumping up and down the classes.

1258, congrats on the win! That would be cool to run an index class. There is a series in Ohio, RRA, that has an 11.50 class, .500 pro tree. I may try it if it comes back to KRP next season.

Fern, what I liked about NHRA Div 1 Street, cars had to be on DOTs and have mufflers at least. That's not the case in IHRA.

I hope you all with FL friends and family have heard that they are safe. Friends from up here who moved there have made it through, thankfully.

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone... Hope you all had a good weekend, looks as if a few got to race. I'm with Chuck hoping Florida friend and family members had it through safe. These storms are sure taking a toll on the country that we well feel for years to come and not just on Florida and Texas. I hope we take care of our own citizens in a timely matter, maybe we should buy out some of these homes in very low lying areas so not to have a repeat of damage. I am no expert in now to do this but with raising sea levels we need to rethink this now.

Camaroracer, congrats on the win..

Chuck, sounds like a little bad luck this weekend. I did not do much better . The car was perfect 60s on three hits varied by .002, 330 varied by .003 , and 660 had a variation of .004. That being said First round had I had a 11.71 car with me dialing 10.35. I was late and new it, but I still caught him and got out of it as I passed him. Win light took a while to come on and did on his side with me breaking out with my 10.348 and taking way to much stripe. I was late but he was .030 more than me... tail wind pushed me out on the top LOL Sure do need to use that other pedal once in a while, what's it called the BRAKE.....

Oh Well You All Have A Great Day....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck far as I know IHRA don't have a street class, at least not down here in this area. And when I saw those guys up there in Div 1 a few years back they were hauling cars in there on trailers with slicks etc that were more race cars than my "race car" and racing in the street class. Made it their part time job to steal that chump purse from the beginners.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day. Looks like we'll get the remnants of Irma later today and into tomorrow morning. Bracket finals are at Keystone and start tomorrow, hopefully they'll be able to get on the track by the afternoon.

Nick, I hate when I do that. I've done it a ton, and there is no doubt I will do it again. Isn't that the definition of insanity? Big Grin

Fern, IHRA Div 3 has had Street at least as long as KRP joined IHRA in 2002. I know what you mean though, have seen people prefer to be the big fish in a little pond.

You all have a great day!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Got to race the best to be the best. I love the competition.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All... Not to much happening around here to speak of, well Tuesday was and unpleasant 106. But that's what we get in September and even sometimes in October, so that's not big news. I feel real bad for Scott and the advertiser's here , all this name calling was me wondering. I try to make a joke about it , but it seems to have a life of its own.

Chuck, hope you made it to the track by now. Have a great time and good luck.

Camaroracer, you so right about that. I learn more about racing against the best. Watching a real pro in action really helps step up your game for sure.

Fern , did you get that new mower?

Floyd, how you and Woody doing...

Have A Great day To All...

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Man Fern got a new mower--great big orange one. I sold my old one this morning for $500 so that's gone. They want me to come to MIR to race Sat but I had a tooth pulled and don't feel up to it + that $36 toll bridge. Fern is doing OK I guess, later

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nice Fern. I have a little mower I get done my yard in about an hour. With weed whacking about another 10 minutes.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,
Wouldn't you know that after shelling out all day dough for new AC the weather would change?
Woody and I are doing good. Gettin lazier every day.
We spent 5 hours at the local Chevy dealer gettin a new transmission control module put in my truck. I told them what it was when we went in. Service man came back in an hour and said I was right and the part was good in stock. He came back an hour and a half later and said they had been arguing with the extended warranty company and finally got approval to fix it. It would be about half an hour plus programing. I went him at noon and he said they were almost done. I said is the tech going to finish before he goes to lunch and he said the tech just got back. An hour and a half later they were done. Good thing we didn't have anything important planned. Five hours for a simple unplug and re-plug was a little ridiculous.
Rant iis over, have a gooden.

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd, that sounds like a typical dealer doing its best to chase its tail. Most these dealers do a poor job of customer service, you wonder how they stay in business. The Chevy dealer I go to always has a oil change special of $17.95 trying to find other areas to empty your pockets. I let them do the wife's Trail Blazer and I bet I get 5 calls after the service of them wanting to buy the car 2002 with 41,000 miles. Why would I want to trade it in, looks like new....They just hate writing the RO for $17.95..... LOL

I'm going Super Street racing at Wild Horse Pass this weekend, and the weather should start the day at a cool 96 degrees when the Gates open.

If Your Racing GOOD LUCK , Every One Have A Great day..... Relaxing