DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My little unit is bustin butt but it can't keep up. It's still 103 at 6:00.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Take care of your teeth out there. I went years and years without going to the dentist, out of laziness, not fear or lack of insurance. I had my second root canal in a week yesterday, and have a lot of maintenance to catch up on. Things could have been avoided if I had stayed with it.

1258, that's the hard thing up here in the rust belt, finding trucks that aren't rotting apart. The ones that are affordable are, the ones that aren't rotting are harder to afford.

Floyd, are you living in the family room for a day or 2, with the pup? I would be! Big Grin Block it off from the rest of the house, hang blankets or something over the doorway to keep it cool.

You all have a good day.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good advice for Floyd Chuck.

I'm trying to figure out if kids seats will fit in the back of an extended pickup. If so, will help my search options even though I like the 4 doors.

Just as an FYI even though it's stupid early and you guys don't talk to people I know, my wife and I will be expecting a 3rd child. It's still way early and anything can happen. This is an oopsy.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yeah Chuck and Nick. Last night I had the slider open and a fan blowing in the cool a,if from outside. I ran the misters all night long. Actually I think the best is effecting Woody more than me. We had to run a errand yesterday and he had his nose planted on a AC duct. He will probably complain about the cold tonight. LOL!

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Morning. Going to sizzle in the Bay Area and inland next few days. Labor Day Races at Sonoma should be interesting....

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All Here... I had the best breakfast on the way in to work. I had to drive into downtown LA so stopped at this place that has been open 24 hour's since 1924 (expect in 1985 closed cause of a earthquake) Well I had biscuit's and gravy with a side of bacon , OMG I died and went to heaven for sure. I believe I told you guys this before, but today I saw those big flaky biscuit's come right out of the oven and on to my plate. I'm making myself hungry again just writing this. Lucky it was 5 AM or the traffic would have been ugly..

Chuck, That AMX was a great shot. But my favorite Rambler is still the "Rambler Scramble" but they are far and few out there.

Floyd, well I hope that A/C fix gets done. The race shop out in the hood where I sleep was no A/C and I think I have lost 2 LBS in the last couple of nights, but its only water loss...LOL

Who's racing this weekend, we got zip down in the SW but the temps of 108 Saturday 106 Sunday I'll be in the shade cooling off with some ice cold lemonade watching the trees grow....

Have A Great Day Everyone ....

Relaxing

I forgot Camaroracer, Congrats on the third!!!!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Only in California. About a half hour before the AC guys showed up we had a thunder storm. They unloaded in the rain. Luckily it only lasted an hour.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
They told me would be up and running by 11:00 and they did it. We have cold air.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, TGIF! Cloudy and cool here today, doesn't look like we'll hit 70. Hoping the forecast gives us enough of a window to race tomorrow, but it's going to be close, even if we go 1 time trial. It's the next to last points day, and I need to do some work to qualify for bracket finals.

1258, IIRC, I think on my buddy's, that worked for a couple of years, but as the kids got bigger, not so much. Good for now if you find one, but, keep looking even if you get one. That's awesome, congrats! I hope everything goes well.

Floyd, glad you have cool air again, and Woody isn't parked in front of the AC vents in the truck. Big Grin

Barry, good luck at Sonoma.

Nick, you're making me hungry! And that takes a lot... Big Grin I love me a biscuit, man, right out of the oven, pass the butter. I've seen a Scrambler here and there. Ann and Steve have always been into AMCs, so meeting them opened my eyes to how cool the cars are.

You all have a great weekend, hopefully you get a long one.
Relaxing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not racing this weekend RED but looking to race the following. They have a $3k to win Footbrake race next weekend and their index series. Looking to run the 12.50 index.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning time to get moving.... Me I just want a few more hours of sleep and that's just not going to happen....I'll sleep in Sunday for sure , going to do some maintenance on the car on Saturday.

Chuck, Hope you get the points you need to Make ET Finals , kind of funny out here in the SW the two tracks seem not to get full teams. I has not sign up for either team but if I decide to go I have raced both teams enough that I could go. I still might just depends on work , and making that 800 mile round trip tow to Vegas. Last time I went was 2007 got down to the Quarters in Gambler and the race. I'm thing I'll get more bang for the buck at Spring Fling, cost a little more but a lot more racing...And more friends go to Fling which make it more of a party... I got a few weeks to decide so no big deal..

Floyd, How about that nice cold air , you and Woody cooling down?

Barry , good luck to you...weather said 109 on Saturday so drink plenty of fluids ....

Fern , You need to check in , what do you have going on? Three day's without a post here. Kind of worried about you , or are you just out cutting grass for the last 3 days...LOL

Well Back to work for me...

You all Have A Great Weekend....

Where's My chocolate shake at???

Relaxing

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Indy report!
Michelle is gone first round in both cars. Goin to make a long weekend.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, it's a comfortable 78* inside and already 100* outside. Goin to be another warm one.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Good Morning time to get moving.... Me I just want a few more hours of sleep and that's just not going to happen....I'll sleep in Sunday for sure , going to do some maintenance on the car on Saturday.

Chuck, Hope you get the points you need to Make ET Finals , kind of funny out here in the SW the two tracks seem not to get full teams. I has not sign up for either team but if I decide to go I have raced both teams enough that I could go. I still might just depends on work , and making that 800 mile round trip tow to Vegas. Last time I went was 2007 got down to the Quarters in Gambler and the race. I'm thing I'll get more bang for the buck at Spring Fling, cost a little more but a lot more racing...And more friends go to Fling which make it more of a party... I got a few weeks to decide so no big deal..

Floyd, How about that nice cold air , you and Woody cooling down?

Barry , good luck to you...weather said 109 on Saturday so drink plenty of fluids ....

Fern , You need to check in , what do you have going on? Three day's without a post here. Kind of worried about you , or are you just out cutting grass for the last 3 days...

Well Back to work for me...

You all Have A Great Weekend....

Where's My chocolate shake at???

Relaxing

Lol. I'm not doing anything! Just texting the guys at Indy.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Barry sorry I thought you may be taking the tow, well have a great week anyway... LOL

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern been at the VA Wend and today getting ready for some test that won't happen now because of the loose tooth from the wrench in the mouth awhile back. Pres says VA is getting better but you could fool me. Farmington rained out today. Fern is good just been busy

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Barry sorry I thought you may be taking the tow, well have a great week anyway... LOL

I'm still working on the house wishing I was at Indy with my Stocker. We are racing the TS car Monday. Club race. Got to 108 here today, hope to H e L L it cools off before Monday... Only 20 min from Sonoma Raceway....,kinda spoiled with the Summit Series and club races.

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Back to the real world after a fun day of live drag racing on TV. And it was nice and cool.
Happy to see a couple of left coast boys in the stock final. They worked their butts off all week. All the racing was good and the coverage was great

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Mornin Y'all!
Back to the real world after a fun day of live drag racing on TV. And it was nice and cool.
Happy to see a couple of left coast boys in the stock final. They worked their butts off all week. All the racing was good and the coverage was great

Good morning! Made my day too Floyd! Really happy for Larry.

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Any idea what the purse is?