DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning You all....Hope every one has great plans for the weekend.. Got a little rain this week, sure glad I washed all three cars on Sunday.... I should have know when the weather man said 20% chance it was going to rain ...Hahaha I swear the dog could do a better job than those fools on TV...And she is not very talkative, unless she is hungry.

Fern, Did get that A/C working , if not go to plan "B" and wire that door open. Got have some cool air between rounds...

Chuck, Glad to see you having some mid-week entertainment with family members. I do not know have a caddy drives never own one (Haha) , but thanks for those words of encouragement as I don't know what I'll do if this doesn't do the fix...

Have a Good One today..... panting This is how I'm feeling as I sit here!!!!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Gave up on AC. Flat tire on Mercedes....Going to the Rock racing and will deal with drama next week--- Big Grin

Posts: 6223 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks. Busy prepping house for sale... Looking in Vacaville for a small farm, big shop small house.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4537 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone!

Hoping Ya'll have a great day and an even better weekend! Keep the shiny side up.

Bob

Posts: 3105 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Nice stretch of temps in the 70s and low humidity continues. I'm hoping that the weather is nice for tonight, testing to get back on the tree, and a theory. Tomorrow is Keystone's night of fire, should be a good crowd, especially with the forecast.

Nick, my favorite reference for forecasters is Michael Beard's "weather entertainment people". It is very apt. I've never owned a Caddy either, not sure if I even rode in one. Big Grin I hope that does fix it for you.

Get 'em this weekend, Fern.

Barry, big shop small house is a dream! Good luck on the search. There are FB posts in the last week or so, showing some combined shop and house builds that I really dig.

Bob, backatacha!

Ice cream time again. You all have a great weekend!
Relaxing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all ya...TGIF and I'm ready and waiting to get out of work. This going be a great weekend with cool temps being in the 102-103 mark. In the SW anything below 105 is easy to deal with , "its a dry heat"....Haha

Glad to see more racers stopping by , Bob a special howdy to you.

Chuck, your freckin funny ..... thanks again for the kind words...

Fern , Like Chuck said "Get 'em this weekend"
Best of luck to you.

Barry, Stage it up good , make it look like a model home. Put as much as you can into storage, empty closets make the buyer think there is lots of room . This really works....

Have A Great weekend, and make my Ice Cream a chocolate shake..... Please

Relaxing

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Track is on kill. Just finished up dash. Good crowd of racers from FL to NY here. Great turnout

Posts: 6223 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys we are trying. The area we are in now has great schools and small town feel. Its a big lot for the city, nice shop, nice house, RV parking and two stories... His and hers.. LMAO! I hate stairs!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4537 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Won 2 rounds, lost 3rd due to bad spin on the hit. About got tree. 14.5 tire spin, come on man. Got done around 11 and my Pageland friend Aaron Brock won bottom bulb. Give it another shot today.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. I got a couple of test hits in Friday night, getting a feel for where I need to be with the car. Saturday, went 2 rounds in Top, bulbed second round, but Mark Brewer was .015 total, and I ran .04 slow. Bulbed again third round in Modified, to a .067 RT. Good weekend for the track, over 250 cars for test and tune Friday, and it looked pretty packed with lots of happy people for the Night of Fire show Saturday.

Nick, dry heat my foot. That's freakin' hot. I hope you got that chocolate milkshake to keep you cool.

Barry, I am ok with stair, but figure at some point, I'm going to hate them too. So I only wanted a split entry or a ranch, and found a ranch. Good luck!

Fern, sorry about the tire spin. Something on the track in front of you? How did you do the rest of the weekend?

You all have a great day.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning guys. Little man had surgery on Friday and will take a couple weeks to recover. My pops bought a brand new motorhome that's a 29 footer. Going to be getting it this week. He's also looking at property that has HUGE garage doors that may take his motorhome.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think I was out of the groove Chuck--he only beat me by .002 at the stripe Mad Did ok the rest of the weekend but didn't get any BIG check. Lot of people there from up north and as far as south FL. Around 350 on Sat and I think 244 on Friday, didn't hear what it was Sunday but it was up there. The boys from Pageland did us proud winning 2 days in top and 2 days in footbrake/no box. Tucker Creech had 3 perfect lights in one race. Good to see lots of friends out racing that have been absent for awhile. Good weekend

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Our stretch of cooler August weather is continuing. The AC unit has been getting a break for awhile. It has also cooled off the Pirates' hitting. It will be a struggle for them to get to .500 before season's end.

1258, hoping it was nothing serious for the little man, and he's none the worse for wear. How old is he now? Nice deal for pops.

Fern, that will do it. Sounds like a really nice turnout, good to hear. Speaking of perfect lights, Sarah Edwards, the Queen of Diamonds jet dragster, had one here on Saturday, kind of wild to see that from a jet.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I love this cool weather Chuck around here. Haven't had the AC on in the house for 3 days. I might need the heat on tonight though since it sounds like it might drop in the 50s. Is this a sign for a really cold winter?

What do you guys think for this truck? Deal? May try to get rid of my mustang for it. I can't take the kids racing myself in their car seats until I find something like a truck to take them in.
https://philadelphia.craigslis...-4dr/6282239723.html

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon Guys. Wow, turning into fall already for you guy's that just not right...Was 104 yesterday , not cooling off here in the SW. I feel so bad for all the Texas flood victims , they will be living this nightmare for years.

Went racing Saturday but just as Pro was called to the lanes rain hit us , we thought it would blow thru but just keep coming. that was at 6 pm and at 8 pm they called it and Sunday morning we got it going. My first time hit was at 8:45 am and it was 92 degrees with 70%. Being a SBC I was a tenth slow, but straight as an arrow . MY reaction time first hit was slow (.031 ) because of the taller new front runners, so I removed .020 from the box. Next three reaction times (.011 , .009 , .013) helped get me two round wins. Third round had a dragster running 7.60s and did not take 2 off my dial(I know better to hold against a dragster) so I was holding and it killed me when I got sight of him at the MPH cones. Broke out by 2 taking way to much stripe my .013 light against his .027 did not help me any....LOL

Camaroracer , from the photo's look pretty good, Mileage its to bad... need to see close up for any rust issues..

Fern , Sounds like you had a good outing, that was good to hear..

Chuck , them boys of yours just had to much the make up for this season....

You All Have A Great Day....LOL Shake head Turning on the heaters

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin y'all!
It's bloody hot out here on the left coast. And to top it off my AC decided to quit yesterday afternoon. Even with fans I couldn't get it cooked down. Called an old buddy of mine at 6 am this morning and he found a blown start capacitor. Changed that and we thought we were good to go. Well, it was out of gas. Apparently we have leak somewhere. Charged it up to try to get through this hot spell till he can get back with some dye and a sniffer to try to find the leak. Hell, at this point put in a new compressor and be done with it. It's miserable hot.

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that Floyd , I caught my A/C unit dying just as I was leaving town back in mid June. Replaced the whole unit for around 9 Grand , power bill went from $200 a month to $121 with keeping the 2000 sq. house much cooler 78 degrees and 76 at night... Happy wife , Happy Life....

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Thinking of all of those affected by Harvey. I can't imagine all of that rain and flooding. That will test your mettle, for sure.

1258, I'm hoping this cool August doesn't mean a really cold winter, but I was wondering the same thing. That truck looks clean. I don't know anything about them, on what to look for, though.

Nick, great to hear the car went straight, no issues, and you got some round wins. For sure, the Pirates' talent level has been revealed in the last 2 weeks, against the Dodgers and Cubs. This is the frustrating thing for Pittsburgh fans, that the team won't make plays to win. Trading for Benoit isn't making a play to win.

Floyd, man, that's hot, and not in a good way. I hope you get it all straightened out and cooled off. I wish we could send you some of this cooler weather, if it meant we could be dry for raceday.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck. I went through the pics again on that truck and there was rust like crazy on the fenderwells. Seen one closer but it has 212k miles and transmission and engine rebuilt around 176k miles.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My buddy came back this morning and he is going to replace the condenser, coils, compressor and thermostat tomorrow morning. We should be up and running by 11:00. In the meantime I remembered a portable unit I bought for the garage years ago. It's now running in the family room spitting out 78* air. Hope it can keep up.

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post