DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! What a run in dramatic fashion for Jeff Lutz yesterday. Spun a front wheel bearing on the drive from Norwalk to 131, snapped the spindle hub. Made a bunch of parts work, barely gets to the lanes before they are shut off, then lays down a record 6.10 at 243 pass. I can't watch much today, if at all. I'll have to catch the replay.

Floyd, scary stuff. I bet that scared the heck out of the housekeepers. I'm with Fern, get yourself checked out if you haven't already. Damaged ribs are the worst, been there.

J, are you in for ET finals?

Fern, I think you're right about that. My dad would have been ok, I think, even if my mom wasn't home. This was 18 years ago, dad was 63 at the time. He fell down the steps, which led to the docs keeping him, checking him over, giving him a stress test, and finding he needed quintuple bypass. He's still going strong today.

You all have a good day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Yeah, I'm going to get into the doc today or tomorrow. Gotta keep it kinda quiet though cause I didn't tell my kids about the blacking out part. No sense in worrying them more than they already do. I haven't seen the cardiologist in a while since he left the insurance I have. Better find a new one I guess.
Thanks for your concern all, I appreciate it.
Oh Fern, my daughter chewed Buddy out for not calling her. Guess I better teach him how to use the phone for something other that ordering pizza.

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Our own Michelle Furr is supposed to debut her new car at Charlotte this weekend. Hope she does real good.

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Michelle posted a picture of her new '17 S/G Corvette. Looks bad ass.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! No racing for me this weekend, and it doesn't look like the weather wants to cooperate with the track's events for tomorrow. I'll try to get some stuff done around the house.

Floyd, that's what happened to my dad, kind of. He was on the treadmill, went to go downstairs, felt dizzy, sat on the top step, and blacked out and fell down them. We're pulling for you. Buddy needs his buddy.

Michelle's car is BAD A ZZZZ!!

Ice cream time again. You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Morning guy's! One heck of a weird week, the weather here on the coast of SoCa has been surprisingly cool.

Chuck, funny you asked about ET Finals as I was on the fence about going. I had qualified to go with either team Wild Horse Pass or Tucson Dragway. The same day you ask me if I was going I committed To Tucson to go. I really have a great time at the Vegas track, plus I need to take 3 weeks vacation before the end of year or I lose them. So now I am in a hurry up and getter done mode.....

Everyone Have a great Weekend , Eat some Ice Cream for me!!!! Ice Cream (doc said no milk products for me) No No

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,
Went to the sawbones to get checked out. Gotta cracked rib and some scrapes and bruises. EKG checked out okay and blood pressure is good. Referred to a cardiologist for additional testing. Must of been one extra scotch that caused it. Gotta slow down.
Y'all have a golden and cross your fingers for Michelle.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If Michelle is running S/G that is a tough bunch----I know Howard Day, the guy no one ever heard of, is ranked 4th nationally last time I looked and that is his home track. Fern is up and moving for what that is worth Big Grin

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Michelle went out in rd 4 in S/G. New car slowed down. On to semis in S/C.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Michelle had a .003 lite and broke out by 009 in the semis.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Floyd, sorry to hear about your incident. I hope you get better.

Nothing much going on for me here right now. Waiting to hear back on the interview. Have my exam for the real estate stuff in a week here. Have an interview tomorrow with a company that a couple friends of mine work at and I used to work at with the old company. And I have another interview in a week for a Financial Advisor position.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Ok who made the bisquits this morning there pretty good and my coffee could use a refill,been awhile ain't no way I can explain why it would take all day,just keep me and Mannie in thoughts and prayers unforeseen things that turn your world upside down,Floyd hope you get straightened out Fern just keep stepping Chuck have a glass of sweet tea I think of you every time I drink sweet tea well got lots going on for a Monday and I got to get after it,still chasing take it thing it's a getting faster or I'm getting older I think it's a toss up right now but I ain't quitting,y'all have a sweet tea kinda of day...................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Rainy day here to start, still gray and cloudy, supposed to clear up and be a real nice week. I hope you all had a good weekend.

J, that's cool, the finals are always a good time. 3 weeks vacation left? That you haven't scheduled? I have a couple days left to schedule yet. I hope you use those weeks up. They're paying you not to work! Big Grin

Floyd, good to hear. Sorry about the cracked rib. Nice start with good BP. They wouldn't let you leave if they were worried about something. I haven't seen yet if Michelle had a problem in the new Corvette roadster. I was wondering if it didn't shift or come off the stop right. It's a good looking machine. It looked like she was on the brakes pretty good in SC, judging by her mph. We've all been there.

1258, I hope it all works out.

Mike, good to see you, brother. Thoughts and prayers for you and Mannie. I'll toast you with my sweet tea. You haven't quit before, and I doubt you ever will. You keep hanging in there.

You all have a good day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all that still read this thread....LOL Welcome to the first day of Fall, hope it treats you well.....Weather in the southwest is coming in the mid 90s lows in low 70s some high 60s , which fells really good after all the 100+ days we had this summer...

They have a double hitter at the track Saturday (Tucson Dragway) with morning starting with a NO PREP. RACING till is done. After that they will prep the track and start again at 6pm with the second race of Mini Series which I will attend. This is just like a team event with all 4 classes and JRS. payout the same counting only 3 races just to try to extend the season.

That's about all I got so just sit around and watch the leaves fall and Have a Great Day Guy's .... Laughing

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Was raining but sun is out now---going to see Mama then to Piedmont where Pageland will be racing in the IHRA Div 9 bracket finals this weekend. We jumped ship on Div 2 this year. Weather looks good. I don't get to race, still no trans in my car, but got to support my team. Rou are right J--a lot of people abandoning our ship for the face place, Sorry for them

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! I was in the hole for a few days with a bellyache, which, when you're my size, takes some time to recover from. Tongue Great looking weekend up here, warm today, supposed to be mid 70s and clear tomorrow and Sunday. Keystone has its annual nostalgia weekend, and it should be packed, great show. I'll be babbling on the mic for most of it. I hope the weather is this nice for next weekend and the three $10k's on the bottom bulb.

J, I would melt out there, no doubt. I don't know how you make it through summer. First time Tuscon doing a no prep? I'm curious to how it's attended. I don't like seeing cars crash, which seems to happen a lot at those races.

Fern, safe travels, hope you have some fun and see a lot of friends. Watch out, some one may put you on FB. Big Grin

Ice cream time! You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Guy's Friday is here and that makes for a great day... Driving on the 405 this morning at 5 am you would have thought it was the 8am rush down here in SoCa... One thing its nice and cool, just 61 degrees. Funny when you get up at 3am and eat your biscuits and gravy and coffee by 9:30 your hungry again...LOL Funny the way that works...

Chuck , this is the first No Prep race in AZ. But I don't know how well it was promoted , it took me almost 30 minutes on the web just to find what the payouts and rules ... Looks like its more of a Fastest Street car deal, and the promoter is out of Phoenix so we will see. Funny payouts seem to be some gift cert's from some Phoenix sponsor's and a trophy ..... Most Tucson guys I have talked to don't even what's happening with this race.

Everyone be safe this weekend, if your racing good luck. Have a Great Weekend and as Chuck always says have some Ice Cream..... Ice Cream

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Hope you all had a great weekend. Stretched the vocal cords out all weekend announcing the nostalgia event. Crazy huge turnout, the track was bursting at the seams, fantastic event, great racing. I need a weekend after my weekend. Now I'm looking forward to being back in the driver's seat, and trying to do some good at our Bottom Bulb $10K's this weekend. I'd like to get me one of those Happy Gilmore checks.

You all have a great day!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! I'm holding on to hope that the Pirates will finish with 5 straight wins, and have a winning season, a little consolation after the slumps that knocked them down to this point. I'd like it even more if they knock the Cards out of the playoffs. I'm also hoping the weather cooperates this weekend, and we get all 3 days of our $10K's in. I will be doubled. Livestream will be on MotorManiaTV.

Prayers going out to Mike. He asked for them on FB the other day, sounds like he's having a tough time as Mannie goes through the teenage years.

You all have a great day.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. The coil went on the Cutlass Friday, didn't get to race. Replaced it Saturday morning, couldn't do much good. Sunday, the rain won, never got on the track. Oh well. We'll try again this weekend.

You all have a great day!