DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
Nic, yes Saturday/Sundays race was quite a FUBAR event. Don't know why but it was pretty bad.
Took a few extra hours due to Tanner hitting the wall in the top end. Matt added clean up time with his trans line failure, and then all of the timing tower problems.
I lost first round and left the track at 3:30 AM. Way past my bedtime. The older I get the less fun it is staying up that late. Sorry you had trouble getting ahold of the track. Glad you made it home safe and sound.
I have left Tucson as the sun was coming up a few times, but I did not care as I had won the race.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The track here at Fayetteville, NC has that problem every race. Once we went down and my friend won the race and we watched the sun come up as we were leaving town.....I think it was in Michigan once we finished the first race at 7AM and started the next one 2 hours later at 9......This is why I always liked Pageland, SC. Open at 2 and done by 10 and home in bed before midnight 115 miles away. It is the only good thing good about curfews---they have to stop at a reasonable time no matter what. You all have a good day. 75 year old Fern going to pull a motor Mad

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning guys , it's hump day and I'am ready!! Left for work at 4;45am yesterday and went home at 11:00pm , kind of a long day, I'm ready for more today so bring it on.....

You guys have Great Day ....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Heat and humidity coming back in. It was nice giving the AC a break for a week at night. Bracket finals start tomorrow, I'll be there cheering on Team KRP and all of my friends.

J, that has to be scary coming off the stop and spinning. That is a long day/night at the track for sure. Hate seeing people get into the wall.

Fern, that stinks to have to pull the engine, but I'm hoping you caught it early if there's anything wrong. Nice to have another one to put in. I would like to get to that point someday, just in case. Always nice to ride with the top down. I have a '69 Cutlass S convertible out at my buddy's, that the earth is reclaiming. I had always wanted to get it going, but racing always takes precedence.

Bruce, the worst part of being up that late is trying not to throw off my schedule the next day and day after. Zombie days.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Don't know what I am doing----motor turns over fine, builder says fix the pan and run it. What little oil I got out of the pan had no metal in it and the car was shut off when the oil came pouring out and it didn't lose oil pressure before I shut it off......going to think about it. Worst would be a little welding and 7qts of Mobile 1 I guess. May try that option after thinking about it tonight.....You all have a good one and enjoy this weather.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Guys... Friday and I'm going home early... I've worked 45 hour since Tuesday so I'll put in 6 today and leave at 1 pm ...LOL
And my wife calls me a slacker...Hahaha

Fern, Can that oil pan be pulled with engine still in car, I'm lucky mine its possible. Just have to jack up with motor plate removed, I seem to do it enough ....

Chuck, When's the next race you have planned?

Camaroracer, how's the job hunt going, hope everything is good at home with the wife and your other luv...

Mike..... heard your a short-order cook! I'll take my biscuits and gravy with a side of bacon!!!!!

Everyone have a Great Weekend .... Ice Cream

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I welded up the pan in the car filled it with oil and started it up----oil pressure is fine and no strange noises. Looks like I got lucky

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
All right!!! Time to go racing.... Way to go... Double Thumbs up

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I ended up on the mic for Bracket Finals. The IHRA announcer was ill, and since I wasn't racing, I was able to step in. Weather washed out Friday's gambler race, which stinks all the way around. That's a long boring day for everyone, trying to see if the weather will break. The track was dry, and literally, just as I called cars into the lanes, it started to spit, and turned into a little shower. We never got the track back after that. Saturday was nice, warm, humid, but dry. Team Keystone won the title, and we had the runner up in Modified, and winner in Top. Yesterday, I laid low. The 9/11 anniversary is a sad day. I didn't lose anyone personally, but I have friends who did, and I remember the day vividly. The sky here yesterday was the same as it was that day, sunny, clear, and blue.

Fern, so glad the engine is good. Any idea why the pulley came off? Did it snap the bolts in the balancer?

J, sheesh, you are a slacker! I'm not racing again until our 660 bottom bulb $10K's end of the month.

Mike is doing ok, it seems, out there on FB land. You guys may have to sign up just to say hello to him. Big Grin

You all have a good day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You are right about Mike--he won't even answer his phone Mad
Chuck the pulley broke where the bolts hold it on. Had a 2 grove stock one on there now can't find another. Has to fit over the crank trigger. Got new--old--problem trans brake isn't working once more. Can't even back up. Still got to go over everything but pretty sure I am going to take the "trick of the week" transmission out and put my old one that worked perfect back in. I have had a bad year to say the least. Might have got to race problem free 2 times--maybe Frown

DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
somebody has a chevelle wagon on craigslist for sale in mt.airy looks like big MIKES old car

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Good start for the Steelers last night. I watched some of it. Hard to get into football when it's baseball season. Though, the Pirates are making it hard to stay in baseball mode. Couple of rough slumps have really put a hurt on the season. And I can relate. Tongue

Fern, stock 2 groove pulley? Let me know the diameter, if there are any differences from year to year. I'll check the garage and see if I have one. I feel for you, in and out of the garage.

Rooster, I'll have to check that out. Love wagons. Mike looks like he's having fun, set up a trading post on FB, dealing some die cast.

You all have a great day!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
All I know Chuck is it is a 2 groove and I think the hole in the center is the same for everything except the 307......had a guy on Realoldspower offer me one for $50----pretty proud of it I guess. Been under that thing all morning with the transmission. You all have a good day----if you think spending all the money so you are bullet proof think again----I spent it and have been down almost all year.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
RED thanks for checking up on me. I have been busy if not on interviews or job hunting. I have a phone interview for customer support supervisor at an old company I worked for part time a couple years back. I am almost done with my real estate stuff. Have the big exam to take at the end and if I pass I can join a broker which will probably be Keller Williams. There's a lot of possibilities but we will see how everything aligns. I still have about another 3 months of severance pay before it runs out.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Camaroracer, sounds like your moving in the right direction. If your a self motived hard worker, real estate can be very lucrative field.

Fern, sometimes its about luck when it comes to breakage... Countless times I been lucky to find something about to break , and other times I missed something so simple ....

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Anyone watching Drag Week, live or the replays? Some really cool rides in there. A young lady from around here, Jenna Fisher, just went 8.56 in her Supra.

Fern, might not be til Sunday before I get a chance to look in the garage. If I got one, it's yours. That's frustrating, been there, when you spend on what is supposed to be quality, and it isn't there.

1258, good luck on the real estate license, and with the phone interview. I hope it all pays off for you.

J, when do you race again?

You all have a good day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Morning all ! Hump day is here and I have a full load and half a crew (mental problems within)... LOL One thing about work it takes your mind off your own problems...

Chuck , I race Sept. 24th Tucson Dragway mini points race. This is a three date series of which I already missed the first one by going to Wild horse Pass on the 3rd. It pays $1000 to win and is 2 weeks before Divisional ET finals so hoping to have a good turn out. Last race only had 18 Super pro guys... Sure wish I could watch that Drag Week stuff, but just to darn busy....

All you guy's have A Great Day.....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Afternoon y'all,
Had an interesting thing happen night before last. I fell and scraped up my elbow and as Fern will attest, we bleed like a stuck hog at our age. Strange thing is I don't remember anything till I woke up Tues morning. I thought maybe I had a little bit of that good scotch but I have a blank feds hours. I got up, showered, dressed and went to work, tired but conscious. I started to hurt later in the day. I scared the scrap out of my housekeepers. They said it looked like a crime scene in my house. I bled all over the place and left them a he'll of a mess. My bathroom looked like somebody cut the head off a chicken and turned it loose. I've got a broken rib so I must of fell somewhere. I feel fine now except it hurts when I move, breathe, cough or sneeze. As long as I don't do any of those I'm okay. I just don't know what happened. Hey, Fern, what the hell did I do?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Floyd Staggs,

Posts: 4817 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Wow! Floyd sorry to hear that. Maybe this is your mind trying to help you out. Not feeling the pain of the fall. Get better soon....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Now you scare me Floyd---people die from sh-it like that seriously.....you fall , pass out, and no one knows, so no one can help you.....Best get to the Dr and see what they can find out because I sure don't know. They took me off of all the heart meds so I don't bleed as good anymore. Where was Buddy? My Jack would have been throwing a fit if I fell out while he was alive....you got to watch out for yourself.