DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning everyone, weather still hot .... Racing on Saturday was 99 , went 4 rounds only to be late and lose ..... Fun I came off the button and though I was good only to see the other lane way out ..... OPPS

Chuck , did you race?

Wow that Jeff Verdi did it again!!!

You guys have a great one!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yep J he did it once more--twice in 6 months the winner showed up with a 15 year old truck, an open trailer, and a door car that is a Pontiac powered Firebird. Jeff has been a friend for a long time. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person Double Thumbs up

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey guys just checking in to see how you all are doing. Need to get back in the racing seat.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern, my truck is only 10 years old and I love my open trailer... I'm starting to like my car, I hated it when I bought it...that's what happens when your brain stops working and you think "I can fix that" five years later and its close to being consistent.... LOL

Just really like seeing a Jeff win big , sure did help make my weekend. Another racer I like watching is Arron Vail. Both are outstanding racers for sure....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon everyone.
Thanks Fern. I was guilty of doing that myself. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed talking with everyone in here.
Y'all have a great day.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My dad's car is done. He's just waiting to get some decent weather so he can get his license passes in. Should be in the 8's footbraking.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Long weekend at Mason Dixon was a fun time. Friday, rain came in, just as the track was about dryed from the earlier rain. Saturday, $2k to win gamblers, won the first 2 rounds. 390 cars, long day, second round of the Super Pro gamblers, on a cool and windy day, guys were rattling the tires. After one took out the 60' cone, I guess there was some "discussion" about track conditions and safety. The track called it a night at 8pm, split the money to the second round winners in Footbrake, so I got my entry fee back essentially. Sunday, no time trials, dial it and go, won first 2 rounds, then snoozed against a .003. Always fun hanging with my friends and seeing folks from other tracks.

Fern, a little busy catching up from the long weekend. I'm glad you got out to race. That's so awesome about Jeff Verdi. Great stuff!

J, I know that feeling, though on Sunday, I knew I was late. Still, you went 4 rounds, beats being a second round runner up.

1258, congrats on the new job! I hope you're back in the seat soon. Cecil goes into November and even December, don't they? Where will your dad go for his license?

Mouse, good to see you back in.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon guy's..... Weather still hot in AZ today 95 this weekend cooling to 91 should only be about 82 for the high .... LOL
Funny thing happened at the bank when I went in to deposit at check and the teller would not take it, it was indorsed and I had my ATM card. I was not getting cash back but she said I need a ID "it was out in the truck"... LOL Just walked over to the ATM and did the transaction....OMG Is someone else depositing money in my account??? I sure hope so....

On a different note, was anyone gone to the awards banquet for NHRA in Pomona. A friend wants me to go as I'll be in SoCa that week , I'm sure if I can sit thru hearing what a hard year The PRO's have had for three hours.....LOL

Next race I have is Nov 19th so got a little time to get the hood back on the car after I wrap it.... 2017 season starts Jan 14th at WHP, Tucson calendar not out yet.

Camaroracer, how about some photos of your dad's ride ?

Chuck, got any favorites in Baseballs World Series ?

Have a Great Day Everyone....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
To all my friends here. I have finished this heart breaking portion of my life as I took Mama home and laid her to rest yesterday in her childhood home of Virginia. It has been hard but she no longer has to suffer. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers over the last 17 or so months since she had her stroke. I won't dwell on it but she and I had always said that life for the survivor would go on and I plan to do just that. Thanks everyone, you were to kind.

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, not much more can be said. The ones left behind have to go on. It will be 17 years for me Jan 1. I'm not saying I like it but I keep on going on. My kids take real good care of me and I'm sure yours will to. God Bless.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good Friday Morning everyone.
Y'all have a good one.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone!

I hope that all of you have a wonderful day. There are many things to be grateful about, the best being that all the election BS is about to end and all the newly elected Officials can get back to what they do best, spending our hard earned Tax dollars to accomplish nothing.

Bob

Posts: 3089 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Going to hang out at test and tune tomorrow, getting my best friend out of the house (with his wife's blessing) for his birthday. Another buddy just bought a Fox body Mustang and wants to make some hits. Looks like it will be a real nice day for it, sunny and 70, hard to beat at the end of October here.

J, that's weird, never been asked for ID to deposit money, only if I wanted any cash. I don't know if I could do the NHRA banquet. I appreciate and like the drivers, from what I see of them, but it's not like a local track banquet, where you know most of the racers, and it's a nice social outing. I'm good with either team in the World Series. I am pulling a little more for the Indians. When we first got cable around 1980, one of the stations was WUAB 43 from Cleveland. I watched them a lot. If the Cubs win, I'm hoping they have a hangover next year, and open the door for the Pirates in the NL Central.

Bob, excellent point, seems people really forget all they have to be grateful for, and have no idea what true hardship is. I'm grateful we are in the best country in the world, one where we can go racing, and have friends we may never even meet.

Fern, Floyd, I can't imagine what you've gone through. Best proof that it's the right time for ice cream with some people you love - life is too short. You all have a great weekend.

Ice Cream Ice Cream

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all.... Friday is here and only have a 7 hour day before I go home.... just call me a shortimer .... LOL Wife has got me on a short leash this weekend as we have a little home improvement going on.

Tucson tried but failed to get and NHRA event this winter. So the team of Tucson Dragway owner Jim Hughes and West Coast Bracket Races owner/promotor Chris Forsyth put something together...
http://www.dragraceresults.com...wn_at_Tucson_Dragway

I don't do divisional events, hard to take off from work that long. But this is something I will do, this is the biggest payday the track has seen I believe.

Chuck, wish I could go to TNT with you guys, the 70 degree weather sounds Great...

That's all I got! To all of you have a Great Weekend, Do something funny!!! And if you can have some Ice Cream ..... Double Thumbs up

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon everyone.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
It's Monday again.
Y'all have a good one.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a great weekend. I had a blast. Got my buddy up to the track, had a good day. Another buddy and I always talk a little smack, and we got to dial in on the last pass for our day, he went red. He'll hear about it for awhile. Big Grin Topped it off with some Clem's bbq for dinner, good ending.

J, nice looking race there, I hope it's a lot of success.

Mouse, I saw the family pic on the field, that was awesome.

You all have a great day!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Thank you Chuck. I am extremely proud of my son, but also very sad that this past weekend was his last performance and we won't get to see him march again.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
RED this is the only picture I have of my dad's car right now. Took it to Cecil this weekend and coasted to 9.44@122.

I went trick or treating with my daughter and wife last night. She's too young to understand it but she had fun.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
We got Monday out of the way, now on to the weekend.
Y'all have a good one.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing