DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Change the oil and take a couple of test hits tonight, our Night of Fire is tomorrow night. Hoping to turn on some lamps. Looks like it's going to be a warm one, but dry.

J, those long breaks can be hard to deal with. Between non points events and a rainout, it was almost 4 weeks before I was back in the car last weekend. On the green side of the grass is a good place to be!

Fern, sounds like a cool program. There is one in OH, Renegade Racing Association, that came to Keystone 3 times this season, last one this past Saturday. Street appearing heads up index in 11.50, 10.50, 9.90, and 8.90. They draw some sweet cars. I'll give Mike a reminder on FB that he's missed in here.

Ice cream time again! You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck they run that up there every Thursday + a 7.49 class. Don't pay much but entry is free Big Grin I ran that 7.49 class for a couple of years, haven't had that much fun in years.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I flat out stunk first round both classes Saturday. But, we had fun and ate good, thanks to my awesome friends. Down to the last points day this weekend, on the bump spot in Street to qualify for bracket finals. I'd like to go on a hot streak, lot of racing in the next 2 months, including our $10K's. You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,
Quiet out here. Internet has been down goin on a week now. Got my tablet piggy backed on my neighbors WiFi. So at least I can do something.
Y'all have a golden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck at least you are back in the saddle. I haven't even gotten out yet to see if the new converter makes a difference.

Didn't get the one job and my severance pay started last week. I passed the first half of the real estate courses a couple weeks ago, now I have started taking the other half online.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My car is still in the trailer with a hole in the oil pan.....guess I should try to look at it but just no motivation.....its hump day Chuck---and still no Big Mike. He must be loving face place

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Looking at a gorgeous weekend, if the weather people got this one right. I wish I was heading to Kil Kare for the Loose Rocker race, but, financial realities are what they are.

Floyd, that's frustrating. How have you and Buddy been feeling?

1258, yeah, bad day racing is still better than most people's days. I hope you're out soon. Sorry about the job. Going to give the real estate a shot, or is that in case nothing comes through?

Fern, I think he is. We'll have to tease him about how he wanted no parts of it, and now he's gone.

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Morning all .... Hump day here and I'm already wiped out... Funny weekend for me first got a deep cut off of a 55 gal drum of alky Saturday , Sunday got a 1 1/2" spike stuck in my head when trimming a mesquite tree... ouch.. Monday went in for a filling when the dentist noticed that the wisdom tooth did not have an upper mate. So he decided the just pull it. No fun here...LOL

Chuck , we only have a couple more races before Oct ET finals , which I him not going to. Also a small mini point series starts up in September but first race has a conflicted date with Wild Horse Pass last team event this weekend. Two tracks in AZ and they have more conflicting dates.... LOL

Fern, I have a few dragster friends who have had oil pans that have been TIG welded with no problem . But most are high end aluminum units.

Camaroracer, real estate can be a good money maker. I was a broker way back in the 70's . If I had it to do over I would be doing commercial as it leaves weekends open. And is much more stable.

Working toward the Weekend... Have a Great Day.... Double Thumbs up

HEY MIKE!!!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
J178 I got every kind of tig, mig, or stick welder and somewhat know how to use them but I need to know what made the hole in the pan and to do that I got to get it out of the trailer + I have a new pan anyway-----I am just to lazy, not motivated, or whatever to get started. I did take my motor home to the shop today---it was supposed to have went a month ago---guess I need to get with it. Tongue

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern don't feel bad about it , it took me 2 weeks to put my throttle stop back on for this weekends race.... car is on top and open trailer in the garage, with the hood off... 10 minute job and I put it of forever... Sleep

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Old people can take their time. We earned it Rolling

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! Gorgeous forecast for the weekend, really wishing I could go to Kil Kare. I'll try to have some fun here since I can't be there. I do get an extra long weekend, as I took tomorrow off in anticipation of going to the Loose Rocker race. So, I'll have a nice day off then go test tomorrow night.

J, you're a walking wounded ward. Be careful out there. The dentist sounds the most painful of all that, plus the restrictions following getting a tooth pulled. Yuck. Good luck this weekend. Bummer the 2 tracks step on each other's schedules.

Fern, be safe down there if you get the hurricane. I hope the problem is simple once you get to take a look at it. Text me a pic when you do, always good to learn something just in case.

I reminded Mike he's missed in here. He said tell 'em he's a short order cook now. (He had posted a pic of a pan of something.)

Ice cream time! You all have a great weekend if I don't make it back in.
Ice Cream Ice Cream

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Get up Fern Big Grin So I here RED talking about dentist. Back upper chopper hurts bad=I am thinking root canal crown etc. So they xray my mouth and dentist comes back and says its too far gone-needs pulled. When you xray your teeth twice a yr +cleaning and tell them fix any cavities before there big. How does it get to this point? NOW comes the fun-Dentist loads the big needle and starts poking and squirting in my jaw bone and gums on the wrong side of mouth. I said wait your doing the wrong side - he says nope-about that time I feel real weird and weak. Pops it out in a minute and charged me $300. Gave me lots of antibiotics. Well months have passed and the original tooth is hurting bad. Looks like the root is trying to come through the upper gum. I spent tens of thousands over the yrs on my teeth. I'm going to his office and tell him I want all my files,that I am going to another dentist,and if he ask why HE WILL BE TOLD FAST.People are tellng me to sue him. I don;t have time for that junk. I need to get prices on 2 teeth-dummies with bridge or implant.The dental assistant told him he was wrong. I think he fired her. RANT OVER-FEEL BETTER BUT TOOTH DON:T Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Footloose,

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Oh man!! Morning all !! I'm still trying to get over that last Footloose post, OMG what a story. I'm a lucky guy after hearing that, My dentist did mine in in 3 mins. His said we saved the insurance company some money as the extraction was cheaper than the filling. The health Insurance and medical professions has so much fraud built in to them and the consumer just keeps paying.

Footloose, Grab your file and start running out of that guys office....

Chuck, Gook luck this weekend, hope testing goes good for you...

Mike... what's Cooking....

Everyone have a Great Weekend..... Ice Cream

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
RED mentions fraud---2 years in a row my local Dr charged my insurance for flu shots that I got at the VA---these guys are slick. No telling what else they have charged for over the years that I didn't get.

Good Sunday morning--we missed the hurricane as it stayed on the coast. Just a lot of rain then it was gone. Beach got beat up pretty good. You all have a good one.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! Not a good weekend for me racing wise. Float was stuck on the back bowl, almost locked the engine up. Thanks to friends at the track with a spare needle and seat, and Aj coming over to set the level and look things over, the carb was taken care of. No passes at test and tune, had to change oil Saturday before racing. Car ran great, but I snoozed badly second round, and got bumped out of bracket finals.

Footloose, that sucks. I hate dental work as it is, would be awful for them to get it wrong.

Fern, glad the worst of it missed you.

You all have a good night!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well Chuck I finally went in the trailer and took a look. It looks like the pulley on the crank broke and hit the oil pan on the way out of there cutting a hole on the side of the Miloden oil pan near the bottom of the sump. At least that is what it looks like to me. I am going to try to get it in the garage today.

You all have a good Labor Day---Fern quit laboring 15 years ago and got 100s of jobs, that's what retirement amounts to. Everyone have a good day.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! It was a gorgeous weekend, truly chamber of commerce ordered weather. Helped my buddy pull the engine out of his Malibu yesterday. He went to load up Saturday night, and heard something squeaking. Bob came over and said he had a lifter seizing up, and he was right. Bad timing, bracket finals start Thursday, and Barry is scrambling trying to figure out what to do. People have offered him engines, given him lines on stuff for sale, and offered him rides to use. If he gets another, we'll be thrashing tonight after work.

Fern, that's something right there. Pulley break all the way off, or a piece of it?

You all have a great day!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Whole pulley Chuck---I got it in the garage and turning it over by hand with the plugs out it makes a sqeeking noise in one spot but turns over fine----I am taking it out as I have another new one sitting there and don't want to take a chance. Beautiful weather so I took the GTO conv for a ride top down and all. You all have a good one.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning , Wow reading these post makes me fell lucky... My last Saturdays race was one I felt like I was lucky to get out live. I was doubled and the first three hits on stop I was lucky to get the car off the track in one piece each hit, the track was so bad when I came off the stop at 4,200 it would blow the tires off. I tried each time changing a few things but nothing helped enough, 4 hit I changed stop RPM to 4,800 and got down the track. So now first of round S/ST I was in the first pair , the track had a major timing disaster with me having a red light and the other guy off and running, They told me " rerun " I said no problem but by that time Super Pro was in the lanes so I motored back to my pit got fuel and got back in line. Won first round and then went over to my S/ST racer for "rerun " car came of the stop ok but then just pass 1/8 mile tires when up in smoke... never ever happened to me before. Next round Of Super pro I run .04 fast killing 6 MPH ..... LOL

Other entertaining facts:

#1 5.00pm gate time my first time hit came after 9:30pm

#2 two other cars hit the hall before first round

#3 First round of Super Pro was after 12:20 am

#4 Left the track after final round 5:30am , I was traveling east and still on the road when the sun came up... ouch

Have a Great Day guys Sleep