DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of SP4X67
posted Hide Post
Been raining here everyday since last Saturday so no racing last week and doesn't look good this weekend at all. Work load has been VERY slow. No work and rain all week can sure make it long and drawn out.

On the positive side I recently got a little s10 that I've been slowly getting ready for a little footbrake racing and hope to fire it up this weekend and recently picked up a 28ft stacker that we've been slowly fixing things here and there on.

Looking forward to going to Memphis next weekend for the Fortune hunters race along with the world series of dragracing. Looks like it'll be fun to bracket race for 5k-10k-5k along side of a few funny cars, pro mods and jet cars etc.
rainy rainy

Posts: 3 | Location: Texarkana, TX | Registered: July 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Morning, all. Hoping the weather cooperates to test tonight, and race tomorrow night. Nice little run by the Pirates, hopefully they can keep playing like this. I think Cutch is back into form, and can carry the team into the playoffs.

J, normally Friday nights are test and tune, and we average 1 pass/hour I'd say. I'm curious to see how this works out. Normal testing, or is something up?

Footloose, thoughts and prayers with you. Man, I miss Guy. Your mom sounds like an awesome lady.

Fern, great outlook. I like the visiting part of racing, always a family reunion at the track, whether it's at Keystone, or wherever I'm traveling to.

SP, nice of you to drop by. Send that rain, and any that is thinking of coming to Pittsburgh, out west, would ya? Big Grin Footbrake racing for the win! Smile Planning on the Southern Footbrake Challenge with it?

Today marks 7 years since Nikki passed. I am amazed at the strength the Denikers have. Thoughts and prayers with them always, but especially today. Thursday edition ice cream, go share it with someone you love.
Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
hi gang...thinking of Nikki <3

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Tested last night, got a couple hits to knock the rust off, feeling pretty good, hope to go some rounds tonight.

hug Michelle!

Ice cream time again, again. You all have a great weekend. Sit and have some ice cream with some good people, and make some memories just being together.
Ice Cream Ice Cream

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning... TGIF .. don't you just love Friday , I get to work Saturday LOL.... Sunday is chain saw day to clean up last weeks storm. That has to be my favorite tool, a lot of noise and a little danger. Its really hard to keep the back 40 looking like a desert when we get all this rain. Not take I'm complaining , it would take years of rain to get the water table back where it should be. Lake Mead up near Vegas is down right scary low, makes you wonder what's going the happen in the next ten years....then you see what's going on in the south....the future looks bright for a pipeline for water not oil.....

Chuck, hope you have good luck tonight, I have to wait till Sunday for Ice Cream but will make some memories for sure..

Everyone have a Great Weekend....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all!

Puter was down a few days when the phone system, Frontier, went down. No phone, no puter. All back good again.
Just been watching the news about the fire and thinking about all those fire fighters working in 105* temperature and fighting a fire. It's been a rough week here in SoCal.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
evening-not morning. Fern got to go to the race track today--Piedmont. Everything started off perfect, my friend Howard Brewer came and away we went. We got there early, got a good spot unloaded, rode around and warmed up the car and got in line for our time run. Car did everything perfect-6.50 105mph with a .010 light. came down the return road parked, turned everything off, got out, sat down in my chair in the trailer and what do I see? My oil was exiting from a hole in the sump of my oil pan Eyes No warning---there it was on the ground 7qts of Mobil 1. Thanks to the Cantrells, Ken Myric, Bill Lofton, Howard Brewer, and anyone else that helped push it in the trailer. I have a lot of friends at the track. 1st time I ever blew an Olds motor but I have another new one in the garage.....Believe it or not it was a good day as I was with friends all day Double Thumbs up

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words guys. Fern your supposed to change bearings in olds every 800 passes Big Grin I hate it for ya. Maybe it will not be as bad a break as you think Wink Olds are hard to break. Thats a fact.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. Things have been getting done around the house here. Got lighting done in the second soon to be kids room thanks to my father in law.
The new converter is in the Malibu and I'm looking to test soon. Damn that car moves for a fat pig.
And one last thing, had a second interview with the same company and have one more Tuesday. I feel really good about getting this position. Not bad starting pay right out of the gate either.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Foot that's right but this one only has about 100 1/8 passes on it----might be something dumb but we will see.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Broke my string of losses finally, misjudged top end, gave the stripe up .004, but it was my race, .054 package, 9.40 hemi Cuda was .059 on the hit. You all may have heard me hollering and whooping it up from inside my helemt when my win light came on. Second round I went to sleep, and the car bogged, so tuning and testing Friday night for me. Good weekend, my niece's birthday Saturday, then a friend's Saturday night, good stuff.

J, I hope all your testing is done with by the time you read this. I always liked using a chain saw too. I saw pics of Lake Mead, it's unreal.

Floyd, I think about fire fighters, especially, and all the folks who have to work outside when it gets oven hot out there. Hoping things cool off out there.

Fern, actual hole, or a crack? Milodon pan? My buddy had his crack and leak, and I've heard of it happening to others. I hope it something simple like that for you.

Footloose, I agree, but the carnage is spectacular when they go. I about split my 455 in half when it kicked a rod into the pan. Eek

1258, hoping all is going well for you and your family, sounds like it, especially if the interviews pay off. When is the due date for #2?

You all have a good day!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Haven't looked close Chuck but something punctured it from the inside right above the drain---might be something dumb. I checked and it only has about 65--70 runs on it. I got other things to worry about so I'll get to it when the mood moves me----Mama probably hexed me for not visiting yesterday No No

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck #2 is expected early December.

Also, I may be trying to make the Jim Harrington Footbrake races even without much seat time.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Gorgeous day here, sunny and warm, low humidity, cooler temps at night, I'll take 'em.

Fern, how is the oil pump pick up attached? Maybe that came loose and got kicked back somehow. Fingers crossed for you, on everything.

1258, great stuff. I'm most likely out for the Harrington footbrake race at CC. I haven't had a chance to see what's up with my truck, and the budget will be tight with Keystone's $10k's and GGG the week after, and SBRA at M-D in October. Something has to give, unfortunately. Maybe I'll hit the lottery and be able to do it all. Big Grin

You all have a great day!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck haven't even got it out of the trailer--been busy. You all have a great day

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon guys... This week is going to be a slow burn... All the major players out of town so I get to fix all the problems around here... LOL

Wow, the weather this weekend was 6-8 degrees below average, did a little chain saw action but not as much as I wanted to do.....

Chuck, thanks for the kind words, they said
"looks good" you would think I would get a little more info ..... LOL

The monsoons and the heat slow us to a crawl for racing unless you drive 500 miles one way!!

Chuck, good luck picking the right race...

Have a Great Tuesday ...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, over center day. I want a nap. Sleep

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning !! How is everyone doing ? Last night I was look for Mike in face book , but I'm not on it so didn't get to far... LOL
Work has been fun the last couple days, time is just been blowing by. Got a S/ST and last team race coming up on Sept 3rd, its been 6 weeks since been to the track and I wonder if I can remember how to??? Well I hope so or I'll be going home real early . Sure do like to double up and run two classes, helps getting in the groove and is very cost effective.

Have a Great Thursday ..... "The weekend is around the corner"... so my dirt track friend says .....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good Morning! Went to Piedmont last night to root for one of my friends that is leading the points there in the 6.00 class. The place was packed with T&T and grudge racers. You think you seen it all? There was a 240ZX there with a cattle catcher on the front and a shopping cart on the top---making laps! Saw a lot of people and those 6.00 4 tenths pro tree racers impressed me....in the final my friend was matched with a car that had ran 3 perfect 6.000 in a row. my friend had been 6.00+ every hit also. In the final one was .011 on the tree and dead on and my losing friend was .002 and 6.01+ Margin of victory was .00063. Eyes Friend was in the losing effort but he says its hard to beat the Chev people when they out number his Ford 50 to one.. It was really a fun night. You all have a good day---Still no Big Mike Frown

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Guys !!! Got in real early this morning (4:30 am) its amazing how much you can do when uninterrupted ! Weather out here in the desert been drying out and 3 degrees cooler than the average. I'm just so happy to be above ground , all my coworkers wonder what's going on.
I got one bytch, why would a company like Sprint think they should not send me a bill and only want a payment online!! Or better yet charge me $5.00 if I try to pay by phone, What is happening to customer service?
Hope to have enough energy this weekend to get the car ready , got it service a couple weeks ago put still have to put the throttle stop back on, been 3 months with out a S/ST race.

Wow Fern that's a rough crowd to be racing with, but if I have a choice rather be around great races than newbies. LOL

Hope everyone Has A Great Weekend , and Chuck make mine a double scoop of Rocky Road please!!!! Ice Cream