DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon guys, last week the West Coast hot Rod Association race that I was going to go to I canceled. I had loaded the truck in the car on my open trailer and just as I was going to leave it started pouring at the house so I decided call of the day !!! We had a team race last night we had huge car counts because Phoenix Wild horse Pass is closed till July 15. They open the gates at 2 o’clock in the afternoon but they not get cars on the track till 7 PM. After all the classes that too hot time hits first round started at 1:26 AM. I got down to the quarters with five of us left in the friend put a fourteen pack on me as I had a .016 light could not find a hole to get in . The time on slip showed 4:57 sun up was 5:13 ..

Hope you all are doing Great !!

Fern I wish I could have some of that motivation of yours, you’re my hero for sure !!!

You guys have a great Sunday

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Here you go Nick. This Husqvarna mower is 1 year old and to get the belt to stay on I had to take the idler pulley off and modify it to align right so the belt stayed on. Grass finished. Trans is fixed and in my truck ready to go to VA in the morning to put it in the car. Get back down here quick so I can test Thursday at Piedmont. 90+ here today. No looters, to hot. You all be safe.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Alright Fern!!! I wish I could get off this easy chair but the A/C is blowing and it’s 94 outside and the wife has been smiling since I got home... How perfect is that!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well went up to VA yesterday and helped Danny Lattimore put the transmission back in the car. Spent the night and came back to Durham this morning and will go back out in the country in the morning. Looks like Fling racers are already on track at Galot today but weather isn’t looking good for the rest of the week. Might put a damper on my T&T Thursday. VA is still locked down, donut shop even closed for walk in only drive in window. Try that with truck and trailer. Wake up Floyd even Nick is chilling. Be safe everyone.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Fern,

We're awake. Yesterday go kinda war so we chilled for most of the day. Needed milk and it was too hot for Woody so we went to a drive up dairy and didn't have to get out of the truck. Woody enjoys it cause they always give him a treat and he remembers everywhere he gets treats.
Goin to be high 90's today so we might be doing nothin again.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Back out in the country. Its hot. Can't turn on the TV because of all the drama. Makes my blood pressure soar. Guess I'll watch the Fling

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern.
These guys are good at the Fling. Unconscionable numbers.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Only 50 miles from me Floyd

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Looks like the cream of the crop showed up.
I watched a few hours and the numbers are unreal.
Holy Moly

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I just clicked it on and the door cars are piling up trip zip lights. Big Zed in Big Red went trip zip and lost.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They are hitting it hard....I got a lot of good friends over there. The winner last night has been foot braking around here forever. Pops up once in a while in that dragster. Raining now and Piedmont cancelled tonights T&T I planned to go to. Finally have all my car parts in the same location and need to see if it will go from point A to B. Floyd how do you like the score boards at Galot? They show movies on them sometimes

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon guys! The more I watch the million the more I know if I want to be competitive with those guys I would need a half million dollars. This is just a hobby for me , They run it like a business and they should. I did things backwards today I worked in the garage in the morning where was it cool 79°, and now I’m in the backyard since 1030 This morning where it’s 101°. We have fires threatening homes in Catalina foothills for a while fire was only a mile away from my in-laws Half million dollar house, Lucky the wind changed. I’m just cleaning up myself by jumping in my neighbors pool and then I’m gonna put the tools away go take a nap.

Hope you guys have a great day and make my lemonade ice cold please !

It's so Hot

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern
Looks might they might be done for today. Weather channel says showers till tomorrow morning.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I just looked. Don't look good but here 50 mi west the sun is shining and its 90+. I just mowed front yard--2 1/2 hours.....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
They are running but nowhere near as tight as they were yesterday.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Rained here most of the night. Looks like they are having a time of it drying the track.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They got it done! I took my car to a T&T at Piedmont Friday and got 2 good hits. 3rd hit everything was fine until I went on the brakes at the end--NO BRAKES. Lucky for me Piedmont has a lot of stopping room so I escaped. Glad my old car has all its safety stuff and I always use it correctly which makes a situation like that easier to deal with. Every one stay safe

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fertn
That's spooky. What was wrong?

Fletcher almost got it done at the Fling in his wagon.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Probably need to check the brake fluid every 10 years or so. Only thing I can find wrong

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,

Ha Ha, that's funny. I remember several years ago I went to the line and pushed on the brake peddle and the gas and the brakes wouldn't hold it. Went back to the pits, pulled the cover off the master cylinder and it was damn near empty. Yeah, we need to check those things every 10 years or so.