DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. Thanks to Matt and Mike, the Ram is back home. It made for a long day, got to the truck about 9:30 Friday night, loaded up, stopped in Summerville to eat, got back and unloaded about 4am. I didn't get a chance to look at it yet to see if it is the transfer case for sure. Saturday, couldn't do anything right on the track, lost, lost, and lost. If that's my only complaint, I'm doing fine.

Fern, I hope you had some fun at Capitol, and did well.

J, I hope you got to race and do some good.

Rooster, thanks for the link. I hope I'm racing like Buddy and Fern, well into my 70s, when that time comes.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern really enjoyed my visit to Capitol. Jimmy Bradshaw and crew are doing a really good job up there it seems. Got to see a lot of friends, my kids and Grandkids. Oh I also got down to 5 cars then went to sleep, and won some money. I just don't see how people live with the traffic up that way--bumper to bumper, stop and go, from Richmond, VA all the way to Baltimore. I left at 5am this morning to come back and missed all that BS---Everyone have a good day. Glad you got your truck home Chuck---Friends Double Thumbs up

Didn't see that about Buddy. Buddy was just 2 months younger than me and we had been friends since I moved South----I was parked beside him when he won the BF and actually Michael Beard gave me that plaque and I gave it to Buddy and took that picture---they photo shopped it a bit I think---Never a finer person walked the earth. Glad he got that recognition and glad I got to know him the 10 years that I did.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ferndaleflyer,

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon Guy's.... Well we got same rain last night, I woke to the A/C fan running with no cool air..... turned it off and went outside to take a look. Didn't see any problems so I gave it a pat on the back , then some kind words and when back inside. Turned it back on and got nice cold air. During in morning it cycled thru a few times with no problems , guess its waiting for me to get out of town ....... LOL

Saturday night went a few rounds before being ladder against a 7.36 dragster I'm .020 be hide her at the light she runs her number with a 2 while I blurp ( 4 times ) my way to my number with a 7......

Well guys have a Great Week..... Double Thumbs up

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Looks like today we get a real nice summer day, a break before it keeps getting hotter through the weekend. I'm just hoping it's dry Saturday. I'll deal with the heat.

Fern, nice work getting down to 5 cars, glad you got to see family and friends. For sure, friends are the best, especially racing friends. I couldn't do that traffic either. It's enough to deal with it to go on vacation, and I don't get on 95 until Fredericksburg.

J, sometimes things just need a little pat or kick. But out there, the AC is one thing you don't want mad at you! Big Grin When do you go to a ladder? At the points races, no ladder, but at money races, I see it at 16 or 8 cars to the final.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Chuck , this was a team race. After 1st round win everyone left goes on the ladder using 1st round reaction time......

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's goin to be a hot SOB out here onj the left coast this week. All I can see in the foreseeable future is me and Buddy chillin.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
After that 95 degree deal last week in MD and it is supposed to be 100 here this weekend Floyd has the right idea. I am going to Piedmont to the $50K race as a SPECTATOR Tongue

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Guys! Yep the heat is here , but a little rain helps cool us off (monsoons)
Racing here had slowed to a crawl , next race in Sept 3th and 10th so most are rebuilding and freshing now!

Chuck , you started on the fix on the RAM?

Fern , In that heat watching would be the best choice for sure , and I have more fun watching friends race than going to a National event ...

Have a great Hump Day !!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Nice looking day again, before the heat and humidity start creeping in. It will be a water, Gatorade, and icy towel on the neck kind of day Saturday here.

Floyd, how are you and Buddy doing, with the health stuff?

Fern, that will be a good one to see. Stay hydrated! Text me if you can, who is in the semis, and who wins. I may not be able to watch much.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Afternoon Y'all,
My daughter and her family left for my grandsons graduation yesterday morning. Naturally their flight from Phoenix was cancelled so they spent the night at the airport and got to North Virginia this morning. Gool old South Worst. At least they made it. Here is is standing tall and proud. And today is his 20th birthday.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Hitting a hot stretch over here, 90s for the next 4 days. Going to stay in the AC and drink a lot of water.

Floyd, glad they made it safe. He should stand proud. I know you are proud of him, too. Happy birthday to him.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Graduation this morning at Ft. Baxter.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! I'm glad to wrap up this week. Hoping the weather stays dry today for test and tune, time to go deep staging, and get back to hitting the tree. Tomorrow looks pretty warm, but dry. Other places are warmer, as one of my friends pointed out... not too long ago, he was 5700 miles from home, in full gear, in 115* heat, with people shooting at him. So going racing in 90+ ain't nuthin'.

Floyd, great pic! Wishing him much success, and sending my gratitude for his service.

Stay hydrated wherever you are this weekend. But leave room for ice cream. You all have a great one!
Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Boy, it's a good thing I wasn't leading Lewis & Clarke. None of us would be here. Grandson is in Fort Jackson, S.C. I never was any good at biology.
It's a hot sob out here on the left coast but it's supposed to start cooling off tomorrow. So Cal Edison has this summer saving plan where they will cycle off your AC occasionally and give you 10% off the electric bill. Mine got cycled off Thursday afternoon when it was 109* and yesterday when it was 107* I was cussin myself for choosing that plan last night. Hopefully I don't get cycled off for a third day.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug Ice Cream

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Did you all notice that a foot braker, not no-box, won the first $50,000 race at Piedmont?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! It was a pretty warm weekend. I hope you all survived well enough. Tested deep staging Friday night, thought I found a spot on the rpm to get past a bog on the hit, but didn't, it was there again Saturday, and I went back to shallow. Lost first round in both classes. Didn't bother buying back, too hot and miserable out. Off for a couple of weeks, hoping the break will do me good. Michelle did good in Columbus at the divisional race.

Floyd, I have Sam Cook in my head now, thanks. Good song, at least. Big Grin Man, that's crazy hot. No thank you. I think I would have gone for a ride in the car, to be in the AC.

Fern, that was awesome for Kevin to win Friday's purse. I thought he might double up yesterday. I heard Alvin mention your name on the broadcast. He is a great announcer.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck that was because Richard Jelichs father and I are best friends and we had Richard at Piedmont when he was just a teen ager wiping tires. Alvin remembers. Richard went 10 rounds without a bye and ran dead on more times than not. He don't hold anything and how many of those rounds were won because of that. Trust me if they would just leave Alvin Dildine alone he would entertain you along with his announcing. Knows more about the racers than they know themselves.....Fern went to see Mama every day and it was just to hot for the old guy to go to Piedmont.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. Hope everyone is doing well. Stay safe in this hot hot weather. Been nasty out.

Not such good news for me. Got laid off a couple weeks ago from work which is why I haven't been on recently. I have a nice severance package that will basically last me until almost the end of the year but I'm not too worried about finding a job. They let go about 10 other people as well. Just part of a big company purchasing a small one and clearing out some payroll.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Morning all,Hot as he11 here today ,well maybe not that bad but close enough to make me want to stay out of it.LOL

My daily saying now SUMMER SUCK.If not for big tit's in small bikini and racing there would be no need for weather warmer than 65*.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
1258 you need to thank Obama. He loves the big fish gobbling up the small ones. Hope you will be ok. Heat index here today is 106, pretty stout for NC. Would like to get the car out but not if it is this hot, no way. How about my boy Richard Jelich winning that $50,000 check Sunday at Piedmont? His Dad and I just about fell out watching him on Motormania---Thanks Mark Walter