DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Great Friday Morning to all ! Got a nice cool weekend weather wise, less than 100! I'll be going to the dump this weekend , hope my nail finder is broke this time... LOL

Anybody going racing this weekend?

You all have a Great Weekend.....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Raining here and the temp has dropped about 20* since a couple of weeks ago. Can't tell what the week end will bring. 2 day race at Galot, racing at Pageland, might be some more if I look but depends on the weather. I need to get off my butt and get the air bag fixed in the motor home---been 3 weeks and all I need to do is drop it off. You all have a good one. Guess Big Mike has found a new home over on face place

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Back from a week's vacation, living the good life. Great stuff. Only 2 missing were my oldest niece, and my older brother. 18 people over 2 houses, good times. My parents celebrated their 55th anniversary while we were there, got to play with my nieces and nephews, and just do nothing and relax. Back to the real world now.

1258, which beach did you head to?

Fern, we got Friday in, including the gamblers race. Saturday, rain until 4pm, got round 1 started around 7:15pm, got it and reentry done, and into round 2 before the rain came again. They finished it on Sunday. Sorry to hear about the medical run around. I hope they get things figured out right quick.

Floyd, glad you were able to make a good deal on the trailer. I hope you're back out soon in the hay hauler, somewhere.

J, thanks for checking in. I hope you didn't find any nails.

Remembering Karen, Bob, and Ashley today. It would have been Nikki's 14th birthday.

You all have a great day.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, over center day. Heating up and getting sticky up this way again as the week goes on. I am having a hard time adjusting to wearing socks and shoes still. Razz

I saw Mike is going to be announcing a memorial Stock/Super Stock race this weekend, very cool!

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mike abandoned us Frown Colonial Classic this weekend----been working on my car for 2 days and may not make it. No motor home but can tow with truck.....Then Mama just got admitted to UNC hospital this morning---got to see how that goes. If its not one thing its another but I just keep stumbling along......Things could be a lot worse. Chuck you get the button out of those bottom bulb races and more might show up---maybe Wink Everyone have a good day as its all good, I got up this morning . Where is Floyd?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,
Here I is just coasting through this thing we call life.
Now that the trailer is gone and the hay hauler is in the garage the Mini Truck is accessable so Buddy and I can ride around the neighborhood in the evening. He don't like it but if I take him on enough rides maybe he will get used to it.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hope all is well. Heat Advisory Warning here for 3 days straight.

Chuck, went to Avalon, NJ. My parents have a house down there on the ocean.

New converter came in, going to probably be installed after the heat wave is gone. Not worth trying to risk health for it.

And last thing, people have been looking out for me and might have a couple opportunities on the horizon. I'm glad I made a lot of friends while at the last job.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
1258----come on down here, mid 90s humidity about 80 percent----On the other hand when I was up at Capitol awhile back it must have been 110 and 100 percent humidity.....Hot is hot, period.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Hoping the weather cooperates for tomorrow's raceday, and tonight's test and tune. It's going to be hot, but I'll gladly deal with that if it means we're racing. Yaneverknow with this heat and humiidty when the pop ups will happen.

Fern, how is it going at UNC hospital? I'm hoping there are some additional treatment options. Good luck at VMP! Up here is no box more than footbrake. It is what it is. For the $10k's at Keystone, footbrake and transbrake are kept separate until they have to be combined.

Floyd, I'm betting Buddy will get to liking the rides in the mini truck.

1258, I've been down that way. My brother used to rent a house that end of NJ for a few summers in a row, crashed there once. Nice area. I'm with you on not working on junk in this heat. I still haven't looked at the Ram. Need to change the oil in the daily and the Cutlass. Good to hear about potential leads for a job, good luck.

Ice cream time again! You all have a great day!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck Mama is OK now and back to the Rehab facility. Getting ready to head over there now. VMP got cancelled for me. Was going to try to take a hit locally but not sure if I can even pull that off now. Thanks for remembering us

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Fern, glad Mama is better. You're a hell of a good man.
Chuck, I don't know. He runs from me when I say let's go for a ride in the mini truck. Maybe I'll just leave him a few times when I go for a ride and he will get the idea.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Kids took over for me with Mama Sat so I went to Pageland for some racing......Lets just say I didn't win a round, it was miserable hot, and they had trouble with the timing equipment. The good side was I got to see all my friends for awhile and always enjoy their company. Almost makes me feel young, almost! Supposed to be over 100 here today and that is hot, real hot. You all have a good day, seems their is only a few of us left on this site so those of you that go on face place need to encourage our friends to come back home. Especially Big Mike.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! No racing this weekend for me, rain and rain. I watched a little of the VMP race Friday, saw a good bit yesterday.

Fern, I hope being back at the rehab facility is a good thing.I'm glad you got to race, sorry the lamps were burned out in your lane. I'll remind Mike to stop in.

Floyd, I'm thinking he'll catch on quick, especially if you have a treat or 2 in a pocket. Big Grin

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Fern at your young age you are strong as pot ash Big Grin Driving far away to tracks and racing like Smile a mad man,]What is your secret Hum

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Foot I got to get away from this empty house now and then and go see my friends who are all at the race track. Went to Dr for a check up yesterday and they poked, prodded, xrayed, peed, took blood, then got mad cause other than the leg deal they couldn't find anything wrong. You all watch out for those flying spare tires as they say it might take a year for the bruised knee bone to heal. But hey, I don't drive with my left leg. You all have a good day. Might go to Piedmont Sun and see if Rooster is there Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
got to work sunday fern kids coming back to school

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! We race Friday night this week, first time we've had a points race on a Friday night since 2001, I believe.

Footloose, I feel the same way, I want to be going as strong as Fern on the racetrack when I grow up. Big Grin

Fern, glad you got the stamp of approval from the doc.

Rooster, was pulling for you, good to see you going rounds at VMP.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Evening Guys! Hump day over and this weekend is going to be down right no fun. Working Saturday and Sunday I have to not eat all day for some test on Monday ..... Seems like I did something wrong to get all this .... LOL
Last Tuesday night the weather man said that 10% rain on the 5PM newscast, by 11PM we had 1.5"per neighbors rain gauge... He was a little off...

Fern , you have that racing bar so high , I'm glad someone is out there showing us how is done...

Chuck , a Friday night race , Wow that's unheard of out here .... Track may be open for TNT, but it's so crowded your lucky to get 3 hits in 4 hours...

Camaroracer, hope to see you racing soon , that wagon needs some exercise ....

Everyone have a great Thursday !!!!

Dang this is really hard to do on my phone !!!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Fern you inspire me even though I am sick, I will get better. I had a good day today. You remind me Of GUY PRICE hard worker and loved everyone Smile I don;t like being by myself much either. I still take care of my 81 yr old mother 24hrs a day at home. I feel blessed to have her home as she has been in rehabs and out patients services before. She loves footbrake racing and Nascar. 12-15 yrs ago she would go with me to 3 day races and was alot of help and fun. She would help work on the car if needed. The stroke about 12 yrs ago was bad. but she is a fighter living in a bed about 24hrs. a day. I hope your wife gets better soon. May GOD Bless her and you both Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I remember that post---see you give inspiration also. I go see Mama almost every day. Sometimes it good and some times its awful but been 15 months now and I am getting better at dealing with it. All I have to do is look back at the past and this isn't so bad. Rooster is my friend and needs to get well but he keeps going and that is great. Racing this year has become more about visiting than racing because that's what I do, visit! I go when I can. Everyone have a good day. Maybe Chuck can be a winner Friday Double Thumbs up