DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! A tick better this morning, I think we may stay under 90 today, and get below 70 tonight. I'm glad I work inside, and feel for those who have to work outside in this heat and humidity.

1258, that stinks. Severance is nice, but a secure paycheck is nicer. Companies always look to cut expenses, do more with less people, never mind the stress it puts on the people left behind.

Chris, I'm with you, in that I don't like it this hot. I'm good with temps in the 70s, and it should be warmer in the summer, but I don't want to feel like I opened the over door when I step out of the house. Red Face

Fern, that is impressive, 10 rounds with no bye. That is a helluva day. Hopefully the weather cooperates this weekend, and you'll hear me Friday and Saturday on Motormania.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck the boy did good. We aren't over it yet. I been out there enjoying the heat index of 106 mowing the yard and trimming hedges and trees. Didn't seem to bad with a little breeze blowing.....I'll check you on Motor Mania Chuck

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Felt a bit more normal of a summer morning out there today, not as oppressive as it's been.

Fern, I wouldn't be over it either. That's awesome. I'm hoping to have a laptop in the tower with me so I can at least see who is online and give some shout outs. Stay careful out there in that heat.

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning guys! WOW sorry to see you guys with that heat. Be careful it can make you sick real easy, Monday I got a minor case of heat stroke after seeing my doctor and giving up 500 cc of my blood.....

Chuck , I'll be listen and watching have a great time ....

Everyone have a great Hump day!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Da--MN RED----Heat don't bother me much as I kind of got used to it as a kid living out there where you do. We didn't have all this high end A/C in everything back then----our church didn't even have A/C and our house had a cooler----you know what that is? I just took the race car out of the trailer and put it in the garage. Capitol said I dripped oil when I was there but can't find any signs of it.....I'll check you out Chuck

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern I believe the reason I had a problem was the blood letting... LOL
My blood pressure was 120/62 before and 105/58 after them draining that 500cc of the red stuff... and that with the 104 temp combined with a 1/2 mile walk back to the dully (all uphill) lead to my minor heat stroke.... only took a few hours to get back to my old self....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,
It's still hot out here on the left coast. I seem to remember is was just like this last year. Funny, it only seems to happen in the summer.
As some of you might remember I put my trailer up for sale a while back. I've been conversing back and forth with some circle jerk guys from up north and they want to come pick it up Friday. I said that ain't goin to happen. That don't give me enough time to get it unloaded. It's still all loaded from the last race last year. But if they want to help with the unloading and they bring a pocket full of dead presidents I suppose we could make it happen.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! My Friday. Weather is coming around, looks like there is a good chance of getting the full program in tomorrow with minimal delay. I'm hoping that happens for Saturday and Sunday too. Lot of people looking forward to this race, already rolling to KRP.

J, the heat is no joke, the humidity really knocks me down. That's scary stuff. I don't know how you deal with the AZ temps. I really don't know how the soldiers deal with high temps, while wearing full gears, on high alert. I saw Kuwait was over 120* last week.

Fern, I don't know what a cooler is, if it's not a fridge, freezer, or cooler. Never had AC at my parents house growing up, not even a window unit... then the summer after I move out, they get central air. Dad said doing that ensured both of their survival: Mom from the heat, Dad from Mom if she didn't get CA! Big Grin

Floyd, you have some of that crazy heat too. Good luck with the trailer sale, if they're working with you.

You all have a great day and weekend! Ice cream time!
Ice Cream

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I figure RED knows what a "cooler" is. When I lived in AZ it was the first kind of A/C. Hot here. I trimmed the hedges and searched for the oil leak my car is supposed to have but have found nothing----I was at Capitol several years ago and they claimed I leaked something that could never be found. Oh well guess that's one way to park you. Good race at Rockingham this weekend but I can't go. Might get to visit but not race. I'll be listening to you Chuck even tough Pro-Ams aren't my favorite thing. RED who was the guy from Apache Junction racing at Piedmont last week?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Damn guys be safe. Don't risk your health. You're up their in age. Tongue

Spending next week at the beach with the wife and little girl. After that, time to get serious about the job search. I'm already not enjoying working.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I figure RED knows what a "cooler" is. When I lived in AZ it was the first kind of A/C. RED who was the guy from Apache Junction racing at Piedmont last week?

Fern LOL.... I never new what A/C was till high school , swap box worked great I became and expert adding two water pumps and doubling up on pads..... when low humidity could be 100 outside , inside would get it to 72 and at night 68.... burr

John Taylor Sr. I really don't know him.....
I remember him in 2009 being a T/D guy then raced a 48 pickup in T/S , I missed seeing him go down the track..... but heard he was there!!!

Camaroracer , sorry to hear about the lay off. Hope you find a job of your dreams .... Double Thumbs up

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,
The boys came down and looked the trailer over and said it's the nicest trailer they have seen. I told them that earlier. Hell, it's like brand new. They will be back Monday morning with a stack of dead presidents and will take it to it's new home. I did okay on the deal, so did they, and if I decide to get back after it I will just buy another one. Maybe I should go into the trailer business. I actually made some money on the last 3 I have had. Plus I got to use them.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Morn y'all,
They came back this mornin with a whole bunch of dead presidents and took their new trailer home.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You quitting Floyd? You can now match race the Farm Truck and get rich with Buddy riding shotgun Big Grin
Tried to listen to you Fri Chuck but the rain gods were visiting you.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, just took some time off. If we decide to get back in we will get ahold of Kenny Anderson and get another trailer built, only this time with only 6" extra height instead of the 12" we ordered last time. That extra height makes that rear door extra heavy for an old man.
The race truck and the UTV aren't going any where. It just made since to let the trailer go for the money we got.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Guy's! Out in the desert been having a few good rain storms... its keeping me busy hauling all the tree damage to the dump.... why is it I can always find all the nails at dump. LOL

Have a Great Hump day!!! Double Thumbs up

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
J that was my daughters little town that washed away up in MD the other day. When I lived in Tucson we would have flash floods and it didn't even rain

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that, hope they are alright...
Nature can really put a hurting on us fast...

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Had a meeting with the "professionals" at Mamas rehab-nursing facility yesterday. Like talking to a bunch of politicians with the same results. I have her in whats supposed to be one of the best places in the state yet they do some of the dumbest things routinely and no matter how many times I point them out they continue. As much as it costs we should get better. We are all going to face this part of our life sometime and it is pitiful that old folks can't be treated better. Think about it.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone, over the hump and running for the weekend...

Fern, sorry to hear that... I have a good friend in Scottsdale going thru similar experience. For what we pay , and what we get ... it just seems this system is broke big time.... and there is no fix on the horizon !!!! Frown