DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Joey Anderson
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately my drag racing is over pretty much for right now. Took on a new job at a federal prison and the schedule sucks! But I'm trying to get back into maintenance like I did for the state prison system. If that happens I'll be good. Until then, I gotta pay the price.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Joey Anderson,

Posts: 37 | Location: Glennville GA | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Had a great weekend at the three $10k's at PRP. My voice is about worn out. I don't know how Jim Gleason and Jared do it.

Fern and Mike, thinking about you guys.

Joey, sucks when the real world steps in and messes up racing. I hope the new job works out for you.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,Joey work is very important to do with the money eating hobby we have and I never give anyone advice on racing or working but I will say this each person situation is different and one can only know what you want and need in your life,so make that decision for yourself cause they ain't no rewinds in life.
With all that said when I was your age and was trying to find my way drag racing was my passion,didn't care about being a pro or traveling the country drag racing,but I worked with my dad and had the chance to travel around some met some awesome people that I call friends even now,and am so glad it worked the way it did.
One night about 2am I was coming down the west va.turnpike coming from a race up in mich. and had the windows down on my old suburban and George Straight playing on the Cassette player(you know I'm old)and I'll never forget the thought that crossed my mind,I'll never forget the freedom I felt,and the thought keep running in my mind hey you have got it made doing what you want even though I'd work the next day with no sleep I still had something to feed my habit,and then the big thought hit and it said enjoy while you can Mike it can't and won't last forever.
The reason I felt led to tell you this story Joey is I'm only 56 yrs. old and looking at losing both my legs to diabeties not sure but have the infection setting back in my legs,this ain't for a I feel sorry for Mike story this is study your heart and give all things to God and by just reading your posts over the last few yrs.I believe you know him,and always follow what your heart tells you,I'm finding now cause I am lucky enough to have made some outstanding memories and friends and no matter what happens from today forward I know my mistakes are many and will continue to make more,but of all the things that can be taken from me now,those memories can never leave my mind,I was never the best or ever thought I was but you ask anybody that knew me then and they'll tell you I enjoyed life and the folks I met.
And Joey again I'm sorry for the long post quess it just hit me this morning being in the situation I'm in and thought I needed to share it,you take care and enjoy your choices and always remember your choices are yours and you are in controll and the best of luck to you friend................

Well to everybody here this is looking to be a long week for me,in and out of the dr.offices a bunch the next few days and mri's and blood work but the fear of a blood infection and or bone infection looks real,so prayers will be appreciated and Fern hope you and mom will continue healing,and Ill try to not type so much next time,but you guys here are about all the family I got left besides Mannie,and a 13yr.old kid shouldn't have to take care of his old man,but thankful for him,prayers all around,and thanks guys...................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I love ya, big Mike, and will be keeping you and Mannie in my thoughts and prayers.
Praying
Keep us posted.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Mike your post took the wind right out of my sails....... my thoughts are with you and yours..... Nick Praying

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mikey,
Ya still got time to park that Minnie Winnie in my drive way and enjoy some prime rib or a big old rib eye. Ice Cream
I'm thinkin of ya, Big Guy. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys I never doubted ya'll had my back,off this morning to see where we at with the infections probably be Friday before they turn me loose so we'll check in as soon as I can,Floyd that was a fun trip flying out in the Minnie-Winnie that Christmas I'll never forget Guy adding lib was fun,this Drr GM thread has always been fun,and Floyd they're saying my iron levels are low so red meat is the ticket..................

Chuck I appreicate you being who you are I feel like you're that brother from a different mother that folks talk about,lol,one day we'll meet up and raise the ice tea glasses high............

J,Fern,Joey,and all our friends here thanks so much for your thought and prayers,see ya'll afterwhile....................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

I got another one if you want a whole 2" thick 2 lb for yourself. Ice Cream

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Or we could do this.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, over center day. Happy 54th anniversary to my parents.

Thanks, Mike, I feel the same way, you're good people. Good luck at the doc's. Lots of good people here in the GM thread, glad to know you all.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All , Happy hump Day!!!!!

Chuck, had a good time listening in and 54 years dang!! On July 31 had my 39th and I had one mad wife!! I had a 9:50 pm July 31st flight to get home {1 hour and 20 minuets flight} .......
I got home at 7:00 am the Aug 1st {thanks Southwest You azzwipes} Canceled my flight because only 22 paying passengers....... Eyes

This made my whole weekend **ck up , no sleep did not help ! I was to race Saturday night and could not bring myself or my wife out of the house Saturday night as we tried to do all the other things we had plan as celebrations .....

What am I crying about, I'll have a few more happy times with her.... Right!!!!! Rolling

Floyd, your making we hungry and I just had breakfast, Dang!!!!

Everyone take care of yourself , Mike and Fern especially you Guys ....

Have a Great day !! Double Thumbs up

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning folks,it's MRI day ya'll have a gooden.................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! My Friday... insurance adjuster coming to the house tomorrow to see the basement damage. I hope they treat me right.

J, thanks. Yep, 54 years, worked through a lot of issues, including a 2 year separation. They are my role models. You're doing great at 39, hope you have plenty more together.

Mike and Fern, thinking about you both.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All !!

Chuck, I had water damage on a house 3 days after closing, we where out of town and the contractor found it. The insurance company took care us.
A good friend just closed on his $750,000 house and was waiting on funding so he went to San Diego to stay on his boat for 5 days. Came home to $106,000 of water damage!!! He is always been the MR Lucky, this time was no different. New owner was in process of a addition to this new house , so new owner and his contractor took the insurance check and everyone was happy!! He was also lucky to have moved out before his trip too...... Rolling

Have a Great Day Guys!!!!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Oh my I haven't been on here in awhile. Mike I am so sorry to hear about the problem with your legs. You know I am praying as hard as I can for you and Manny.
Floyd, now I'm really hungry after seeing that steak. Chuck I hope the insurance treats you right.

Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying
Susie (aka Mrs. Homegrown)

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well folks another week has passed and Mama is, to me, just about the same although the kids and the facility say she is making progress. Thanks for the prayers, cards, calls, and well wishes.....Mike you keep hanging in there, really bothers me that the BIG guy is limping....everyone else have a good weekend racing or whtever you end up getting into.....good to see you up and running Susie Wink

Posts: 6226 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All !!

Another weekend almost here....

Fern, that sounds like good news....

Have no plans this weekend , just work around the house..... Trying to get ready for end of August and September, 6 races in 5 weekends ....

Been thinking about IHRA and NHRA ET Finals and the Vegas Thanksgiving race have a budget just for one of them ..... IHRA 9 hours tow each way, NHRA 8 hours each way and Vegas 6 hour ride.... Vegas is also a 4 race weekend.... Oh well, have plenty of time to think it over.....

Everyone have a Great Weekend, do something Fun... I'm going out for Ice Cream Saturday night for sure....... Ice Cream

Funny I closed this post and thought about it , You guys in the east must have a rough time with all the choices , when and where to race......

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning folks,good job Michelle on the R-up proud of you..............

Well I'm off to the Dr.at 3pm today to see what the plan is my family dr. Called Friday to tell me that the MRI showed bone infection,so according to the dr. they'll be taking my left foot and leg to up under my knee,if the infection has stopped there hopefully it's not all the way up in my artificial hip that could be bad,thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated this is going to be life changing,but as I've said before just got to keep moving............

Let's all have some bisquits and gravy and feel better about the start of the week,ya'll have a gooden.................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Waiting to hear the numbers from the adjuster, but it seems like my homeowner's will cover the damage. Racing Saturday, had a brain fa rt first round of Street, car started pushing through the brakes, and I didn't back off, lost focus and went way red. Got whacked second round in Modified, .035 on the tree and mathmetically ineligible to a .019 package.

Michelle, awesome job in St Louis!!

Susie, always a pleasure. hug

Fern, I am thinking of you all. You keep hanging in there too. I wish I was going to VMP this coming weekend, so I could tell you in person.

J, I feel for you guys out west. Where I am, it's not like it is in OH or NC, but still relatively close options by comparison. If I didn't, it would be a bang for the buck decision, where I could do the most racing in 1 tow.

Mike, thinking of you too, buddy. You got prayers and thoughts your way. Keep your head up. If there's anything I can do from up here, say the word.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mikey, I'm with you in my thoughts and prayers.

Fifty years ago I was driving a jeep with a 45 strapped to my butt hauling two guys with carbines around the streets of Los Angeles. Snipers were taking pot shots at us as we went to trouble spots. Can't believe it has been that long. Maybe I oughta load up and head for Ferguson.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug