DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoonish!! LOL

Hey Mike I'm here just busy working away trying to keep my head above water. So Mike your getting back to your fighting weight ? I just wish I could hear you say your a lot better and not have to go to see the doctor.

Fern I'm still think about you and the better half, I hoping she is making a little progress in a positive way.

Chuck, last time in here I was talking about doing some race car maintenance, so when changing oil I pull the plug out and the oil comes out in this weird stream as it exiting the pan. I let it drain only to find what I think is a piece of the pickup blocking the hole. I was fishing for a while but could not get it out, Saturday I'll be pulling the pan to see what the heck is going on!!!! Double Thumbs up

I had this happen on my old Vega wagon, I had welded and extra strap on the pickup.
How lucky to find this, Oil pressure was good at last race.........

Floyd , You been out racing ?

Everyone have a great weekend....... Ice Cream HUM Rocky Road.......

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
No, we had the rain last weekend so I didn't even go out. It took them two days to get race one in and they got part of race two.
Hey J, if the pickup is knocked off how was it attached? if it was welded and it broke the welds I've got bad news for you. Chances are you have a cracked crankshaft. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. The crack causes harmonics that the balancer won't cancel out.
Y'all have a gooden and Mike, get something to eat.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well another week has passed---I have driven 120mi a day as of yesterday to the hospital and now the rehab for 50 days.....Mama is showing posative signs daily. I swear she responds better to the CNAs than she does to the professional therapists. My Sister came yesterday and she lit right up, big smile and said HI plain as day----I have decided that I will go racing 13---16 Aug to the race at Virginia Motorsports Park put on by Ducky and Ant boy. Everyone says I need a break so if my car will start and the motor home will also I will go. Don't care if I win a round, I'm going....Big Mike, or is it smaller Mike now, You hang in there. We think of you every day. And all the rest on here that send well wishs I really apprieciate it a lot. Here at home I collect cards, flowers, and food form the neighbors....people sure are kind.....Mama even got something from Steve and Jared from the WFC....Makes me feel pretty humble......

Posts: 6226 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, that's good news. Maybe proof in the power of prayers.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all!!

Happy Friday to everyone here...

Fern, that really good news...

Floyd, I'll check that out, but till I get that pan off I'm not going to worry about it . Got another motor sitting in a crate for the last year so no problem , new built was going in soon anyway. Last time out the car ran its number with a four and I was .009 late on the tree while the other guy sent me home with his .002 package....... LOL

Hope you guys have a great weekend.....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all, week of vacation, didn't go on the internet much. Awesome time with my sisters and brother and nieces and nephews. Now it's back to reality.

Mike and Fern, been thinking about you both.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Hot one out there today and the next couple. I'm glad to have AC at work. I feel for the folks that don't, or have to work outside in the heat and sun.

Getting back to the real world, and I don't want to. Work, leaky water heater needs replaced, basement is a mess. I think the worst part is wearing socks, after a week being barefoot almost all the time.

I hope you all are doing ai'ight.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Good Morning gang...miss you guys hug

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
High Gang,rough ol time here on Rocky ridge,off to another Dr.app this evening to see if they can find the problem in my angle really swelled and hurting,hope ya'll have a good day...........

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Evening Guys.....

Had a real crazy weekend , the dog did her best to scare away a bobcat. Seven pound toy poodle thinks she really bad, the older she gets the braver she is {standing right behind me} ..... LOL

Mike, I hope the doctors visit had some positive results.

Floyd, pulled the oil pan and just what I thought that cheap pickup had one side of the bracket broke. Should have got the Moroso one the first time... The new one was twice as thick of bracket material. What has I thinking. Every thing else looked normal, but only time will tell.

Chuck, sounds like you need to take a vacation from the basement.........

Wow I sure like getting up at 3:25 am the make my way to work.........

Have a great tomorrow , as today is already gone........

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all
Damn, Mikey, all that good livin is comin back on ya! It's hell to get old, ain't it.
J, I hope that's all it is. They don't fall off for no reason.
Fern, ya hangin in there?
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! New water heater is in, thanks to my buddy, so at least that's 1 step in the right direction. Hot one again today, then it looks like we get to normal summer weather, low to mid 80s, for the $10k's at PRP this weekend. Looking forward to it. I'll be calling the action, all 3 days, and it will be on MotorManiaTV's live feed.

Nice to see you stopping by, Michelle. Smile

Mike, thinking of you, buddy. I hope they get you some relief real soon.

J, I bet your dog thinks "I only have to be faster than you!" Big Grin Glad it was the pick up, and nothing disasterous.

Wondering how you're doing too, Fern.

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Wow! Good Morning Guy's! Got a early start so I had a little time to stop by.

Chuck, alright water heater done, now going to a 3 day event.... Good luck, I'll try to look in on you, have a great time......

Mike, I'm hoping like the rest of everyone that your going to win this deal....

Fern, It sound like she is working in the right direction, and that's the best part.... prays sent daily, but you care take care of you too.

Floyd , All I can say is this motor has been a work horse, over 350 hits and leak down on two cly's is only 2% down from when new build happened. Maybe I do have a problem, I really don't think so. Put bearings in it 75 hits ago only because had pan off, they looked like new expect one main had a small wear pattern in middle of block. The crank showed to be perfect. Checked it on Saturday still looked new...... LOL Who replaces bearings just for fun ...... But I been wrong before , I can only use my best judgment. But thanks for the heads up........

So, very one have a Great Day.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Hey Chuck, send that buddy out here. I need two water heaters replaced. They are starting to gurgle.
J. the only reason I bring it up is because I've seen it a few times after my engine builder talked about it to a friend of ours. Bob had lost the pickup a couple of times and Jim told him to check the crank. Bob said the bearings looked good and the crank looked fine. He ran it a few more times and the crank broke and he lost everything except the intake. There was another time at the March Meet when Lucky Hudson had his come off twice and kept fixing it. When I heard about it I talked to him and told him what I thought and he called his engine builder who told him he'd never heard of such a thing. I called Jim and asked him what he thought and gave the phone to Lucky to hear the answer. Lucky was in the points chase in C/G and wanted to make another hit. We talked him into just staging and then parking the car. He took the car home in one piece and took the motor to his builder to get the crank checked. Sure enough, there was a hairline crack in the crank that he couldn't see. That saved him a motor and possibly a race car. Just don't want to see you break your stuff. I listen to good advice.
Mikey, Fern, take care of yourselves.
Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Supposed to lose a few degrees of temperature today, as well as humidity. I'm all in for that. Weekend is looking really nice. I'm waiting on the insurance adjuster to call me back. Nice to have hot water again, but need to see what's covered. It's a mess.

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Happy mid-day everyone,hope all is well in your world,and if you get to attempt any fun activities they'll work out for ya.............

I'll make this short and short,I feel like I landed in the middle of dr.vac.month and all the ones who are willing to see me has left the room,to say I'm tired would be a understatement everybody says take a pain pill and wait,while I lay totally helpless with a left foot double the norm.and my right ft still has the sore but is looking better,and a walk to the restroom with a walker takes a half a day to get over,no juice,sorry short didn't turn out short,thanks guys and gals for the good thoughts,see ya later on.............

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Joey Anderson
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone! About to wrap up the grave yard shift. Hope all is well!

Posts: 37 | Location: Glennville GA | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone,howdy Joey hope you have a great day and fun weekend racing..........

Can't believe I'm passing through so early in the morning woke up hungry for the first time in a couple months sure hope that's a good sign.......

Fern hope things with you and ma is ok,J,Floyd,and Chuck hope ya'll have a good weekend,see ya'll later................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning guys and all DRR...

Mike, hope you had a great breakfast and are feeling better.

Floyd, thanks for all the post. But My pick up tab is what broke , the pick up was still in tact. I supposed that's possible. My pickup didn't fall off though . The pump pressure check valve does nothing but chatter to maintain pressure @ what ever it's tension is . So the pickup box does nothing but pulsate and or shake like no other .

Chuck, will be listening in have a great time.........

Everyone have a Great time this weekend , make sure to do something fun!!!!

I was going racing but may stay home, wife said " you been married 39 years and on the day we tied the knot your going racing" I didn't think it was going to be a big deal, we usually are not the partying animals......... Boy did I read her wrong when she said in her happy voice " Go ahead and go to the track".......... Sign me out as " Still learning ".......... LOL

I'm stupid

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We are hanging in there---nothing new but it could be a lot worse.....Mike you ever consider going to DR. at UNC Chapel Hill???? Big place with lots of good help. Maybe you need a change of Dr.....Duke Medicine is also there. Everyone have a good one. I'll check in later

Posts: 6226 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post