DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers,this has been the toughest of all thing that has happen to me the pain is tough,I should go home by Saturday I hope just thought I'd would come in and update very sleepy but can't drift off because of the pain,take care everyone..................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mikey, I really feel for you. You're a tuff ole bird so I know you will get through this. Just remember your ole pal out here on the left coast will always have a steak ready for you.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. My little one probably has one or two more months before she's about to walk. EEK!

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Nice to see some additional folks stopping in. Weather looks great for testing tonight, going to try to get back on the tree and run consistent. Tomorrow is looking good too, getting a little warmer, but it's dry, hoping to go some rounds.

Fern, I'm wondering if it's tach wire for your car too. I'm fighting a miss issue over 5500, and I'll be changing it this winter. I hope it is one of the things you changed though, let you get back out there and light some bulbs.

J, you need a jacket out there, now that the temp is back down into double digits?? Big Grin

1258, that's good stuff. I'm not a parent, but have 8 nieces and nephews, and countless "unofficial" nieces and nephews. Did you start a junior dragster fund? Smile

Mike, I'm with Floyd, I feel for you, and you are a tough ol' country boy. We're thinking about you and Manny.

quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Everyone hug your friends while they are here, you never know what tomorrow may bring.

Can't say it any better. Except to go get some ice cream with them, your family, or have some yourself, and think of good memories and smile. You all have a great weekend.
Ice Cream Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
OK OK I'm UP ! Good Morning guy's !!!!

Woke up in a pool of sweat... Dang hotter here in SoCa than AZ this morning.....

Floyd , how you doing with the heat? Good steak weather? Sounds real good with an ice cold one......

Chuck , I'm just glad my jacket is a single layer deal and not a 5 layer jacket..... LOL

Fern, you going to have some time to work on the car , wiring and electrical are my least favorite things on the car. A friend just sent some photos of his new build and looks like he could work for NASA.......

Mike hope your feeling better today.... I can not image what your going through.....

Everyone have a Great weekend , do your best to make it a Fun one.......oh And don't forget ICE CREAM...... Ice Cream

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dang hotter here in SoCa than AZ this morning.

What are you doing in So Cal?

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Mike , you have PM

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It's my first one, so it's exciting to watch her Chuck. And no junior dragster fund yet, although the wife knows I'm pushing for it. It's tough enough trying to save for a college fund her for the little one.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike , you have PM

Got it, very cool but I understand it can be tough..

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey folks,kinda been a rough couple days but that's to be expected,it's going to be hard to get used to having one leg but hey life marches on,ya'll take care..............

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Mikey,
About all I can do right now is sympathize with you so I had a medium size rib eye last night and thought about you. You should have felt the vibes.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mike aren't they sending to rehab? There are several amputees in the rehab where Faye is....She is doing OK by the way but its slow....Keep your chin up Mike

Posts: 6217 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone,Fern they sent me home 24hrs. after surgery they figured I've been thru enough therapy that I could teach it,I'm doing fine,I can manage my pain meds a lot better than the young nurses,so I'm just waiting to heal up so I can start some new adventures,Fern hope mom continues to improve,ya'll folks have a great start of the week..................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! September 1, can you believe that? The year is flying by. Warming up here a little this week, into the mid 80s with some humidity. Went red 3rd round, dead on 7, to a .195 .03 under, in Street. Lost 5th round in Modified, gave the stripe up .0015, going .016 above, would have been high dead on if I stayed flat. DOH! Oh, and I started my day being a dumba ss. Warming the car up, I forgot to put the hood pins in. I wasn't speeding or dangerous, just cruising the return road, and up the hood came. It will still be usable, after I pin it through the back. Christine's son Mark sealed up the Street class points championship.

1258, I'm not a dad, but an uncle many times, great seeing them grow, watching what they learn. I hope you get the junior fund to go side by side with the 529 plan. Big Grin

Fern, glad to hear she is ok, forward progress is always good.

Mike, been thinking about you, buddy. I'm glad to see you have friends checking in on you and Mannie. How is he doing, dealing with everything? Did he start school?

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning on this first day of September....

Looks as if everyone getting to a much better place. And that's really great.....

Went to go racing Saturday evening when the sky opened up half way to the track. Some friends at the track said the sun came out as soon as they called it..... LOL

Looking for everyone to have a great week!! Double Thumbs up

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, over center day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all!!

Happy hump day! That almost sounds dirty... LOL

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon everyone,nice and humid around these parts,trying to get out of the house at least once a day,to get the mail or just do something outside light work that is with one leg they ain't a lot I can do but I got to keep my head busy.

Chuck,Mannies ok,ain't sure if it's being thirteen or all the stuff going on with me or more troubles with Hope,but he's kinda been out of hand lately,really disrespectful and just plain ugly sometimes,I try to think of all that is going on before punishment is set............

Go back to the dr. Tomorrow morning for him to take a look at the amputation and see how it's healing,hopefully it will all look good,hope all ya'll folks have a great day.................

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Good Morning to all!!

Happy hump day! That almost sounds dirty... LOL

More like wishful thinking!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6418 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Someone please alert the Pirates that the Brewers are in last place for a reason. Sheesh. Hard games to watch the last couple of nights. They need to salvage tonight's and go into St Louis this weekend and at least take 2.

Mike, I hope the doc's goes well today, and you're healing well. Is part of Mannie acting up the teenager in him coming through? We all went through that. You're a good dad, with a good dad, I hope he listens and learns.

Bucky, good to see you stopping by, dropping truth in 4 words. Big Grin

You all have a great day!