DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Happy Hump Day to everyone!

Mike , Hope you keep up the good news. Eat as health as you can stand.....

Chuck, Following baseball on the TV is hard for me as well. I'm asleep by the second inning .....
Hope your guys do right by you, enjoy yourself to the fullest ......

Everyone have a great day!!.....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone hope everyone is having a good day,I'm laid up rest the foot it's still swelling some but it's still there,happy as I can be just doing what dr.says.........

Nick that made me smile also what you said about your wife asking why you where smiling I got to admit it was a pretty good day it sure is good to see the light at the end of the tunnel again,thanks again to all of you my friends for your prayers...............

Chuck let's raise our sweet tea glasses to a good weekend coming this weekend I feel some win lights coming our way...............

See ya'll after bit..............

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good morning all---After going to the hospital and rehab for 70 days straight (60mi each way) the kids forced me to take a few days off....So I took the race car and went to VMP for the Colonial Classic. Won a couple of rounds, saw lots of friends from all over the East, and youngest daughter spent the weekend with me. Mama seems to being a lot better. Doesn't seem to be as stressed as she has been.

Big Mike thats some good news right there....We need all the good news we can get. Hows Manny handleing all of this?

Posts: 6217 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I'm waiting on this humidity to break. It wears me down. Supposed to be a gorgeous weekend. Not a points day, so I'm not racing. I'll save those win lights for next weekend, I hope.

Mike, I'll raise my sweet tea, and maybe one of those longneck bottles, to you and your health. I hope the good news keeps coming for you.

Fern, sounds like you had a good weekend. I am hoping to get to at least one of the LR races next year. Good to hear about your wife's health.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all..... Getting a little closer to the weekend, going to be a little cooler around 97 degrees but no racing this week. We will have to wait for next weeks 105s to go racing ..... LOL

Chuck, how about those Dimondbacks? LOL

Fern, that was some real good news about your better half. Sorry to hear about the race car , I had a electrical problem that took out my MSD box , acted like yours but was consistently bad.......

Mike, Hope your taking care of yourself and making progress.....

Floyd , Just because that trailer looks great not a reason to sell, you still need it.......LOL

Everybody have a Great Thursday..... Double Thumbs up

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck I told Nick Bowman to tell you I said hello------ Double Thumbs up

Posts: 6217 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning all,still laying around swelling continues and I get to visit the dr.this evening for him to check on it.......

Fern so glad to hear mom seems to be doing better,hope everyone has a great weekend.........

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Humidity broke, beautiful night last night, beauty of a weekend on tap. Hopefully the track gets a good turnout for the test and tunes.

J, I'll take 2 out of 3 all the time, when it comes to a series! Good start on the Giants last night too.

Fern, what a weekend he had! I'll catch up with him next week at PRP.

Mike, I hope it's a good visit.

You all have a great weekend. Ice cream time!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Good Morning guy's...... Woke up to a flat tire on the truck and it was still dark outside.
So much for getting an early start, 2" slice so now the tire is junk too....

I'm ready for the weekend..... LOL
My steering box was junk, my guy said I have a 69 Camaro one so he rebuilt that one, new one is a smaller unit. Also gave him a spare Vega one NOS unit. I made money on the deal....LOL
{He also said my pitman arm is very rare, a/c with manual box} LOL

I got Money For Ice Cream NOW !!!!! Ice Cream

Have a great weekend guy's..........

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey guys,it's kinda late here but I had to go to the Dr.late app.and its been a heck of a roller coaster ride the last week and today has been no different,as I understood when I left the hospital Friday I wasn't told that the sample that where check at the hospital would be sent out to a different lab,well they where and when I arrived today I was informed that I did indeed have the bone infection and my left foot to right under my knee would have to be removed,needless to say I was floored but I don't have time to be down I have to get back to planning my life without my left foot and lower leg,we'll be ok it's going to be tough but we'll make it,thank you guys for listening to me and being my friends,prayers are appreciated.............

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mike you keep your head up----I visit the rehab with Mama every day and trust me both you and she are better off than some of the folks in there----and some never have a visitor.....You get laid up Fern will come to Cana for a visit, I promise.......

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Damn, Mike, they just can't make up their mind. Hang in there, Bud.

A buddy of mine out here has found his Dads '73 and '74 world champion stock eliminator '66 Impala wagon and is going to restore it and put it back on the track. I asked him if Dad wanted to drive and he said if they strap him and his oxygen tank in he will take it down the track. That is going to be the coolest thing going and if I know Brian he will make it right and fast. I can't wait to see it.
Some of you old timers know who I'm talking about.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Mike, if anyone can make lemonade out of those lemons, it's you, you are the toughest ol---well, guy I know, and I say that with love and respect. I really hate you are having to go through this though, I wish you could have some time to just sit back, make one of those big country breakfast & not have to worry about other things and just have fun with Manny. We are here for you if you need us.

wishing you all a good start to your week...

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Good looking week, according to the weatherman. I hope he's right.

Mike, sorry to hear this, my friend. I can't imagine what you are going through. Keep up the good fight. If there's anything I can do for you from here, let me know.

Floyd, that is awesome. I love wagons, and I hope his dad does get to take it down the track again.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all.....

Mike , still praying for you guy. Sure wish I could more , glad your looking forward in a positive way. Hang in there....

Race day Saturday track opens at 6:00 pm should be right at 105 degrees.. OUCH......

Have a Great day Guys......

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! We've been in the 70s all week, last day of it today, looking at warming up on raceday Saturday to mid 80s. I'll take any temp as long as it's dry. Though 105 might be pushing. It's a dry heat, right J? Big Grin Stay hydrated out there.

Hope you're getting along, Mike, thinking about you. Same for you, Fern, hope your wife is making improvements, and that you're taking care of yourself.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Last couple days here have been gorgeous. Unfortunately the softball season came to an end a few days ago.

It's ok. Time to start working on the car and put it together so I can start testing. Tough when you have a little one.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We are hanging in there people---every day is an adventure with a little progress each day.....Hang in there Mike. One thing I have learned in the past 3+ months is that "it could be worse, a lot worse" Everyone hug your friends while they are here, you never know what tomorrow may bring.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all , how we doing!!!!

Fern said it so well in that last post, A good friends dad went in for selective surgery 7 days ago and they not sure if he will make it. Life is short so cherish every moment.

Mike I hope your hanging in there, thinking about all you been though. Keep going theirs light at the end of the tunnel....... Double Thumbs up

Fern, been watching your post about the race car problems , electrical plague me a while back. I was lucky it only went on for a couple of weeks. LUCKY....... Mine started with a alternator breaking in half at the finish line , It hurt my MSD box and fried some wiring ........

The forecast on Saturdays race weather has changed and its down to a cool 99 degrees , new steering box is in car. Had almost 60 degrees of play before, now its down to 3. Hope I don't over steer..... LOL

Have a Great Day Guys.........

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Top of the Morning!

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12290 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post