DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Alright, Good morning guy's! Hope everyone is having a great week.

A few friends going to divisional race in Fontana , good luck to all them!

Chuck, once that starter get's in the weekend will be a good time.

The weekends coming, so back to work for me!! Double Thumbs up

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone hope your thrusday is good,still riding this recliner I'm getting pretty good at it,and the naps are good,lol.................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We are at Motor Mile. 3 10s for foot beakers. I blew the horn Mike. Big Grin

Posts: 6262 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! A little more wrenching tonight, and hopefully the Cutlass is good to go. I'm excited and nervous, just trying to keep my focus so I don't overlook anything and do something stupid. It has happened once or twice before. help

Fern, get the big Olds through some laps.

Mike, naps sure are good. I can see one in my future Sunday and Monday. Big Grin

I hope you all have a great weekend. Let us always remember the brave men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our great nation, Memorial Day, and every day.
Praying

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Good Morning to everyone! The weekends here and Fontana is in full swing with Div 7 race!! {from my eyes on the ground their, wish I could have been} Live timing on NHRA for this event!

Chuck , I know all those last minute details are easy to skip, I always have pos**** stuck all over the car to remember! LOL ........

Just getting Ferns race turn on , don't do much watching but a lot on listening.........

Hope everyone has a great 3 day celebration!!!

Party

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's wet over here. Just a lite rain but it's going to mess up the division race a little. Buddy will enjoy this. Lot's of quality time. I'll just put a corned beef in the crockpot and sit back and relax. I'll be like Mikey, riding the recliner.
Y'all have a gooden.
Praying Angel hug Sleep

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Howdy folks its a great day here at the foot of Fancy Gap and I heard your horn Fern,lol,and Floyd you watch that recliner I think mine is pissed cause I've in it so much,it tried throwing me out of it a couple of times,been tough.........
Chuck you are so right we all need to give thanks on Memorial Day to all the Men and Women that have giving their all so we could live free....................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern was just in the way---no one ever beat me in 3 days---I just gave it to them in every fashion you can imagine. This was the best paying, best run race I have been to in a long time at a track that is as nice as any. I don't know how many passes I made but had 5 out of 7 exact same ET. If you know of another race where you could roll in for one day, pay $100 entry and get $125 for winning the 3rd round and $10,000 to win with 1 re-entry round for $75----if you pre entered you were paying $75 a day to run for $10,000.....Show me a better deal anywhere......Hope everyone had as good a time as I did.

Posts: 6262 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,hope everyone had a good weekend,and sure hope Monday aint to bad........... Double Thumbs up..............

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. I got the car all buttoned up late Friday night, too late to fire up with the state police barracks just up the road. Got it fired Saturday morning, and have some bugs to work out, but I made it to 3rd round in both Street and Modified. New BTE converter feels real good.

Fern, I got to watch most of first round Sunday. Looked like a real good time. Sorry about your luck. Maybe we can have an all Olds final in Bristol. Big Grin

Floyd, you're making me want a reuben.

Mike, I hope you're feeling ok.

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,Thanks for all the messages of hope for me friends,went this morning to wound care the guy said he thinks we're getting a head of this,I sure hope so this laying around all the time is about to get me,maybe I'll get better before long,hope everybody has a good day.............

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon Guy's !!

Mike, that is some great news, keep up the laying around!! Sounds like its working for you......

Got to see a few Ferns hits Friday, I'm not sure why more racers did not attend? That has to be one of the best footbrake events.

Chuck, glad to see your back together...

On my team race, 2nd round had heavy hitter so I set-up for it. He gave me a .006 hole to get in, but I miss it by .009 and I knew when I took the stripe even though he was passing me by 50 MPH. I feel I learned a great deal, money well spent! LOL

Everyone have a great day!! Double Thumbs up

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,it is hump day and it is the end of May I can't believe how fast this month has gone by,June is here and that means only 6 months till Christmas,under 200 days,unbelieveable,lol.............

Well hope you all have a fine day,see you folks tomorrow................ Double Thumbs up...............

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
RED they had a real good turn out at that race and the promoter made money----compare the entry to pay out of this race to any in the country. You could pre enter and be racing for $10,000 for a $75 entry and get $125 for winning the 3rd round. $75 buy back-----drive up to the gate and race for the same purse for $100.......Show me a better paying race anywhere in the country. I think they had 260+ entries every day and the purse was guaranteed. I was in the way!!! but had a ball. Hope every one has a good day and Mike glad to hear something on the good side.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Kind of a cloudy, rainy, humid day, though temps aren't too bad.

Mike, awesome to hear the good news, I hope it keeps coming for you.

J, thanks. I can't wait to get clean passes in once the little issues are fixed.

Fern, I sure hope to make that race next year. I would have been there this year if I coudl have.

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
HEY Good morning to all ! Hope everyone is busy getting over the hump....

Fern , that race just has to be a blast!! I bet next year will get over 350 cars per day. They do an excellent job from running the promotions to running the race.

Chuck, Funny thing every time I do the smallest change to a large one, my learning curve seems to get a little better. It will take me three times longer to do the job, but I'm sure I have checked everything a few times .... LOL

Have a great day!! Where's my Ice Cream???? Ice Cream

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention that the atmosphere was the most relaxed I have ever seen.....no pressure. Got here late, come on up and make a time run-----car broke, drive the promoters ride-----been working on a broke car all day, come up and make a run to try it out------hand dipped ice cream, you bet.....Oh, and they had a drag race that was finished each day. Double Thumbs up

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
You know Fern I could feel that in the broadcast , when they would make a call it even sounded like they where inviting you to the party !! At one point I remember them " HEY WE WANT SOME OF YOU RIGHT LANE GUYS TO HELP BALANCE IT UP" Its great when and event makes you feel good about spending your cash!! Wave
Sure wish the NHRA would get a clue......

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Red you got to understand that the best races in the country are not being put on by tracks or the -HRAs. These promoters rent the track and they RUN the race. One of the best around here started out trying to work with a track owner and the track owner screwed it all up---they moved the race and it has been top shelf ever since with great turn outs.....We are just lucky to be where there are lots of tracks. We follow the promoters----not the tracks.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Yes the best race in the west is Spring Fling in Vegas!! I do understand! This event was all the promoter,{as is the Spring Fling} and as I said they did a great job with promotions to RUNNING the race. You guys are very lucky to have that going on.....

We are lucky that Fontana track is getting some good races this summer from outside promoters...

Funny how NHRA and some tracks do not take notice. Is all I'm really trying to say. This is not a fad. These 3 and 4 day events with low entries and large payouts seem to be growing. Not trying to offend. Sorry if I said it wrong....

Still having to work so even these events in SoCal are outside my reach.... In Vegas I'm the guy in the way!! But still having a ball..... LOL