DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all. Looking at a nice couple of days here, hoping to get the transmission back in the Cutlass and be ready for Saturday at least, hoping for test and tune Friday. Took a tumble on Saturday at the track, painful gash in the palm of my hand, hoping I can work around it enough to get everything done without damaging myself further.

Fern, I don't get it. Excercising freedom of speech is a protest. Looting and destruction is a crime. I feel for your son, and the law abiding people of Baltimore, the LEOs injured yesterday, and the business owners affected.

Here's to hoping cooler heads prevail there today.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Good Afternoon OPPS! hope everyone had a great weekend.....

Chuck I saw that... Buc's did a great job!!

Have a great day everyone. Double Thumbs up

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Looking like a really nice spring day, 67 and sunny for most of it. Got the trans back in last night, but as I jacked the trans up to get the crossmember back in, the engine started peeing. I popped a freeze plug over the winter, and the engine has to come out to get to it. I'll keep swinging away, hopefully be back out for next weekend now.

J, seems like the Bucs left all their good play out in the desert! Can you ship it to Chicago please? They need it in time for St Louis this weekend. There will be smack talk between the Lemens and me and Bob.

Thinking of Christine today. Today is Mark's birthday. He would have been 55.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all !!

J, seems like the Bucs left all their good play out in the desert! Can you ship it to Chicago please? They need it in time for St Louis this weekend. There will be smack talk between the Lemens and me and Bob.

Chuck I was thinking of how to do this, I believe its outside of my capabilities. They will just have to pickup the slack!!

That freeze plug deal happened to me once, I was lucky enough to catch it. Had a few racers who had no idea and showed up to the race with this problem . The NAPA dealer closest to the track sold out that weekend ........

Have a great Hump day guy's ! Double Thumbs up

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone,looks like we're in for another couple of rainy days,maybe it'll clear up for the weekend,hope so anyway............

Fern Chuck J and the rest of you folks looking in hope your thrusday is outstanding........ Double Thumbs up..............

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Morning folks----getting old is like a roll fo toilet paper----the shorter it gets the faster it goes----woke up yesterday with one eye full of goo, went to eye Dr and have an eye infection. What the he!! next????? 2 things I use the most hands and eyes trying my patience. I know how big Mike feels about his foot but hey---life goes on.....Looks good for the Pro Am at Farmington and the Civil Wars at Rockingham----hope to be at the rock.......Glad to be here and know that things could be much worse. Mike the sun is shining here???? Everyone have a good day Big Grin

Posts: 6228 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Bucs got one out of Chicago, needed that before heading to St Louis for the weekend.

Mike, I hope your foot is feeling better.

Fern, sorry to hear that, I hope it's nothing serious. How's the hand coming along?

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys!! Good morning, or maybe afternoon !
Have a rough day yesterday, after all was said and done it got a little worst. A fellow racer pasted away, we all knew it was coming but still not easy. RIP my friend, all always remember your 64 GTO street car clicking off 10 second passes.
I know death is waiting for all of us, but it still not easy for his wife and 7 year old daughter. I pray for them. It's just a shame. Praying

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck--the Os got out of Baltimore also--new home field is Tampa. Hand is about to be good, eye is much better today. Felt like I was falling apart there for awhile....Heading for Rockingham Sat morning and it looks like the weather will be perfect for picking on those FORDS....it Fun Ford Weekend time at the Rock but the Olds will sneak on in Laughing

Posts: 6228 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! No water in the oil, so that's a good start. Hoping to make some hay on Sunday, weekend is looking like about perfect weather.

J, really sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers for his daughter and wife.

Fern, that was weird, seeing no fans in the stands. I'm glad you're feeling better. Good luck this weekend.

Ice cream time!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
hey I'm still here!! Good Morning all!!

Chuck , thanks for that... as they sometimes say "life goes on" ...... some of us have a real hard time expressing yourselves when this happens ..... I thing I'm one of them.....

Hope someone is going racing this weekend , I'm just doing more maintenance on the car and trailer for next weekend....... Double Thumbs up

If your racing Good Luck , if your not do something you enjoy !! Life is to dang short to be wasting.....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Loaded up and ready to go. Could have gone down and parked today but never saw the Rock run out of parking so I will leave about 8 in the morning.......Hope everyone has a good weekend

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Was going to take the truck apart this weekend but the race shop is full and I can't get in. Gotta send the converter in for repair and while we are at it, might as well get the trans freshened up as well. Need a new flexplate too. Gonna spend some of my kids inheritance.
I've got 1350 yokes on the drive shaft and they don't have any fittings for grease. Do they have to go in for service or are they forever sealed?
Y'll have a gooden. Guess Buddy and I will be napping this weekend.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Been at the Rock all weekend---looked like a pretty good turn out over all especially in foot brake/Mod. Not very many top cars and maybe NO dragsters.....won a couple of rounds but no where near enough......$2000 to win in foot brake / mod but lots of good racers went somewhere else I guess---don't know where......See ya later.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Absolutely beautiful weekend, weather wise. My Pirates couldn't get the clutch hits they needed, frustrating to watch. Starting pitching was outstanding, hopefully it holds up for the rematch series here this weekend. I didn't dial the truck right Saturday, wasted a .0002 light when I couldn't cover.

J, life does go on, but it's still sad when we lose someone. And that's the sad thing about getting older, seems to happen a lot more often.

Floyd, tell the kids you're investing the inheritance - in your truck. Big Grin I don't know about the yokes. Got a manufacturer that you can check out their site?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Chuck, I gotta a sticker on the windshield that says "Built with my childrens inheritance".
Since the driveshaft will be out I'll just go by Inland Empire and ask them. They built it.
A bit chilly this morning. Our heat wave done waved good bye.
Y'all have a gooden!
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Suns shining, sky is blue and the temp is in the mid 70s....been planting flowers etc. Will cut grass this afternoon---every one have a good day

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Some rain moving through today. Hopefully it washes the funk off the Pirates hitting. Supposed to get warm this weekend. I got the engine out, had to reuse the freeze plug that popped. The Auto Zone one was too big. Dorman must think all GM 350 engines are the same. I'll pressure test before it goes back in.

Floyd, good stuff. That's the way it ought to be. I tell my parents that... you earned it, use it all up.

Mike, you doing ok?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Didn't get to grass yesterday. Forgot it was Daughters birthday. Been mowing all morning and 1/2 done. Mama has Dr apointment at Pinehurst at 1:45 so had to quit.....Rain Chuck???? Is it ever going to stop? Where you hiding Big Mike??? You all have a good day.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Day guy's !! Its a fine day , and its great to be busy working.

Chuck , Thanks for those kind words.

Long weekend at the house, got some weeds pulled and work done on trailer and the race car! Glad to come to work to get some rest!!
Funny we had a 20% chance of rain yesterday, so what happens? It pours !! LOL

Have a great day everyone. Double Thumbs up