DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Damn, Fern,
Those cortazone shots hurt like hell. Had one in my elbow once and the pain almost wasn't worth the relief. Take it easy on that knee.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! Rained out today. I did test last night, finding a good rhythm on the tree. Just need the damn rain to stay away so we can race and I can hopefully get in a groove. We have a couple good weekends in a row. Points race Friday night, then $5k to win Saturday, and $2500 on Sunday. The week after that is the IHRA Sportsman Spectacular.

COPO, that's awesome. My good friends' kids are in juniors now. I love the sportsmanship and camaraderie the kids have.

Nick, did you get your chocolate shake? Somehow, I missed that it was national chocolate ice cream day on Wednesday. I made up for it tonight. Big Grin

Floyd, man, those look awesome!! Can we send out for takeout on those?

Fern, I hope the shot helps. It's helped my mom some with her hip. Are they talking knee replacement if it doesn't help?

Hope you all are having a good weekend!
Relaxing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not yet Chuck--they keep saying no arthtritus, can't spell, so it will get better. Damn drag racing injury 2+ yeas ago Mad I have a plan to go to the IHRA race at Wilkesboro at the end of the month. Heading to Baltimore tomorrow to evict some dead beats. Later

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon to all, This was another HOT weekend that I decided to stay home and not race Saturday showed a start time of 5 PM with a temperature of 108 .... I wonder what the tire temp was of trailer tires on the freeway on the way up? Sure was nice an cool in the house was I watched some net-flicks...LOL

Fern , how did you do with your dead beats?

Chuck , did you get rain or did you race last weekend. How did YOU miss Chocolate Ice Cream Day .... Really???

Copo, did you do any racing over the weekend?

Floyd , posting photos of that red meat I'm sure forced my cholesterol up ....LOL

You all have a great evening....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Tossed them today. What a mess

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern my parents had a bunch of rentals , it kept me in spending cash as me and my dad would do most the cleanup , painting , repair work. She had a whole group of tile and carpeting installers as well as landscapers on hand.... After her broker ship took off she dumped the low end rentals and only did high end homes in the foothills. When you have huge cleaning deposit most left them the way they moved in , some looked better when they left.

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! I'm hoping the weather holds for every weekend, of course, but especially this weekend and next. This weekend is points on Friday night, then $5K to win Saturday, plus a $5K to win 64 car shootout after, and $2500 to win Sunday.

Fern, glad it will get better and you won't need it replaced. Sorry about the dead bears and the mess. I've thought about going in with friends on a property or two, but hear the horror stories of bad tenants.

Nick, tested Friday night, getting happier with my spot deep staging, window getting smaller, just got to eliminate the bad misses early and late. Rained out Saturday. Man, I can't imagine trying to race in that heat. 90s and humidity on occasion is bad enough, and at least we get into the high 70s after sunset. I've always thought about that too, trailer tires temps on a hot summer's day towing.

You all have a good night.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of COPO Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Good Afternoon to all, This was another HOT weekend that I decided to stay home and not race Saturday showed a start time of 5 PM with a temperature of 108 .... I wonder what the tire temp was of trailer tires on the freeway on the way up? Sure was nice an cool in the house was I watched some net-flicks...LOL

Fern , how did you do with your dead beats?

Chuck , did you get rain or did you race last weekend. How did YOU miss Chocolate Ice Cream Day .... Really???

Copo, did you do any racing over the weekend?

Floyd , posting photos of that red meat I'm sure forced my cholesterol up ....LOL

You all have a great evening....

No racing last weekend but we have LODRS 5-1 this weekend at Bandimere. COPO is sitting this one out but the new ride is going on its maiden voyage. Excited to see how she runs...

Posts: 15 | Location: Denver Colorado | Registered: June 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey COPO Rat post results.... please...LOL

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have had rentals for around 50 years and that was the filthiest place I have ever seen. Just filth, not distruction, no **** roaches, just filth. Found crack pipes and needles so I guess that explains most of it......sure got their attention when the sheriff knocked on the door and told them to leave the property---NOW! I will be back in NC today. And can't forget to thank my friend John Jelich for dropping everything and helping me for 3 days. We got it done! We also visited Marshal Grooms at his significant others funeral. Another long time friend. She lost her life in a automobile accident on her way home from church Sunday. Remember, we all got to go sometime but we never know when. Hug someone, there is to much hate in the world.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon to all ....TGIF and we are still above the ground working and playing with our race cars...What a great way to live for sure... after pelting with Chuck and Fern we are about to get some rain , I just hope its true...Will start tonight around midnight and tail off Saturday around 10 am . Everyone s hoping for at least an inch.... what my buddy at the FAA said they have a pool going that we will be lucky if we even get a trace....LOL

Chuck, team Wild Horse Pass has its last race before ET finals this Saturday , but I have a ladder bar issue that I found so I'm passing this weekend. I did not join the team this year but have more rounds wins than normal for me....LOL

Fern, Glad to hear you got it done with a little help from your friend . When are people going to realize if your going to do drugs , you may as well just shoot yourself in the head
its a lot cheap and fast than doing drugs....

You All Have A Great Weekend , I don't care what the dang Doctor said I'm getting Two Scoops of Rocky Road ....hahaha

NahNahTounge

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,
looks like our cool spell for the last few days is over. Starting tomorrow it's supposed to get warmer every day. I guess summer time is upon us.
That's okay, Woody and I can cool it during the day and then fire up the minitruck in the evening so he can take his ride to see all the neighbors. He does enjoy his rides. Me too, got a couple of good lookin neighbors. LOL
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! Hot few days here. It was dry over the weekend, but I was cold on the track. Couldn't get out of second round all 3 days. Hoping the weather is good for this weekend's Sportsman Spectacular.

Fern, that's a shame people are like that. I'm glad you had help and got it done. Sorry to hear about your friend. I definitely agree, way too much hate in this world, and you gotta hug the people you care about.

Nick, did you get any rain? What is your ladder bar issue? I hope you got your Rocky Road, that's good stuff. I behaved, but had a turtle sundae last night at dinner with the family for Father's Day.

Floyd, sounds like you have a real good wing man!

You all have a good night.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck I registered for the sportsman race at Wilksboro---we will see how that works

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon Everyone.... Summer is here and all the good thing that come along are here but one.....Finally got tax refund form state and feds. That will come in handy on the freshing of the 406 which is out of the car....Funny how sometime a plan comes together...hahaha

quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

Nick, did you get any rain? What is your ladder bar issue? I hope you got your Rocky Road, that's good stuff. I behaved, but had a turtle sundae last night at dinner with the family for Father's Day.

Chuck two out of three happened over the weekend, the Rocky Road was great. And the rain came with us getting 1.5" over the weekend.
I crawled under the car a few times but I did not see the problem. And what is worst I could not reproduce the sounds it was making at the track. So in the next few weeks I'll pull them out and replace the ladder bar heim joints and hardware. The heims have not been place this I got the car 7 years ago...

You All Have A Great Day.....

It's so Hot Going Back to 109 by Friday..... OMG

DRR Trophy
Picture of COPO Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Hey COPO Rat post results.... please...LOL

Hello Red

Well had a ruff day and had some bugs to work out.

1st hit car went 1.005 60' and had a CO2 bottle issue.

2nd hit the trans brake would hold and just wacked it after foot brakeing. Went 8.40@190 with a 2.1 60'. Frown

3ed hit the break held but after a shift into 2nd the trans gave up the ghost and I missed the race weekend.

Trans is at the builder now and waiting to hear the news from them.

Posts: 15 | Location: Denver Colorado | Registered: June 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Coporat,

I’m assuming you were in Top Sportsman? Which car? My engine builder was also but had an uncharacteristic first round loss.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5316 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of COPO Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Coporat,

I’m assuming you were in Top Sportsman? Which car? My engine builder was also but had an uncharacteristic first round loss.

I am running Top Dragster. My Car is Black and Orange Prochrager combo with the taller wing...

I don't have anywhere to host pictures or I would post one up...

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
COPO , well I think issues are going to happen from time to time ... that 1.05 60 sounded like a good time... thanks for the update....

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all. No racing for us this weekend. The Sportsman Spectacular was postponed because of the rain. I helped my dad with a retaining wall, hauled away the remnants of the old one. Debating going to Norwalk tomorrow to watch. Off next weekend, might be on the mic for the event at the track.

Nick, I hope changing the heims takes care of it. I like the 406 plan. I'd like to pick up another 455, but it will take some time. I don't have anything for a second bullet.

COPO, 1.005 60' sounds like a good time! Sorry about the bugs and trans, hope you get them worked out soon.

I hope you're all having a good weekend. Make sure to have some ice cream.