DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Real late. Fern was up at 5 to go to hospital to have hand operated on AGAIN. I think Drs are like some mechanics---do it over and over till they get it right and make you pay every time even if THEY did wrong in the first place......Mike got 1/2 of a foot and Ferns got one hand---everyone else enjoy every minute like its your last----it just might be. Eyes

Posts: 6262 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good midday folks,Fern you are so right I'm taking what I already know about healing these kind of places and figuring out for myself what I have to do to heal it myself,it's been 4 days since I was at the dr.and with the pad I made for my foot and the treatment I'm doing it looks a lot better,not saying I want need to see another dr.but I'm going to try,this is so much BS and about money I'm sick of these dr.and their copays......................

Boys hope y'all have a good rest of Tuesday...... Wave...............

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mike you know how long I have been fooling with this----4th time now and they got paid every time + co pays. And the patriotic bas--terds won't honor the VA which I can use since I am so far away.....but I keep going to friends funerals and get real thankful that its only my hand.....I can still wipe with the other one Rolling

Posts: 6262 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning folks,Fern its a long process healing since I'm a diabetic but some of the ways they treat folks is inexcusable its been near 10 days since I asked to be referred back to the wound care center to have this looked at and finally yesterday the wound care center called for me to come Friday at 1pm,and with my history of bone infections and amputation of parts of my foot because of this one would think they would try and get me in,but I know I'm only one dropping in a whole pile of crap to this big old world,but as you say I have the other leg to hop on for awhile so we'll get by............. Double Thumbs up.........

Sorry for talking so much about me folks sure hope everyone has a great HUMPDAYYYYYYYY see y'all later............... Wave...............

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
we got a lot to be thankful for Mike.....rain, stops the racing--but the flowers bloom. Everyone have a good day.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning guys, been under a rock since Sunday. Sure glad someone found me. LOL...... Had a nasty trailer tire blow Saturday , did its usually damage. Tire tread wrapped its way around rear axle, lucky I had my trusty tin snips....... Just glad it was still daylight , I hate working on the side of the road in the dark. Guys have a good hump day , Mike hope you get better soon!......... Double Thumbs up

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Supposed to be a nice day, and I'm hoping the Pirates can win tonight and take the series from the Tigers. Got some stuff to take care of, then I'm hoping to be in the garage tomorrow night, get the trans and new BTE converter back in.

Fern, I'm good with the rain, just wish it didn't hit so many race days. Big Grin I hope your hand is getting better.

Mike, I sure hope you're feeling better, and you get some good news Friday. Hang in there. Is Manny out on the pond tour?

J, that's a fear of mine. I don't trailer that often, but there will be a couple of times this year, and I'm worried about my tires, since my trailer has sat for 2 years. I don't like working on stuff on the side of the road in the dark either. Been there!

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hand deal isn't so bad----got people doing everything for me Big Grin Check the air in the trailer tires before you leave home and when you leave the track + somewhere in between on long trips----saves a lot of beside the road work, trust me.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey guy's , Good Morning. Saturday is just around the corner and the real work begins.

Chuck how did the Pirates do? Did you have any progress on the car? Hum

Fern, thanks for the air check. I do that before I tow anywhere. I have 10 plys on and open trailer { trailer and car total 4760 } but life goes on. I have some body work to do , but I can handle it. Tire is covered , its not a big deal. Gives me more time in the garage watching Spring Fling In Vegas and fixing stuff! Glad I'm not going this year, a lot of small stuff has been adding up. I could us a break.

Mike, hope your resting and getting better each day..........

Have a great day!! Double Thumbs up

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning folks,thanks guys for the thoughts and support its raing like krazy here so all I really can do is stay in and off the foot,I feel it's getting some better,off to the wound care center in morning,hopefully start healing and not cutting............. Praying...............

Hope you guys have a good day and see y'all tomorrow........... Wave...............

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Rain since yesterday and still coming down. Hand is doing what its supposed to do I guess, another week till I go back to Dr.....Everyone have a good day.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning and Happy Friday to all!! Rain, rain come this way!! { Arizona, California }....

Funny I started that Spring Fling in Vegas post, and all my buddy's think I've changed my mind about going...... Laughing

The real reason I started it was to see who was going from DRR so to be able to watch and see how they are doing { live feed should be good }

Everyone have a great weekend!....... Double Thumbs up

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Rainy start to the weekend, but tomorrow looks awesome. My brother and nephews are coming in, we're all going to the Pirate game tomorrow night with dad, and 2 sets of aunts and uncles. The Bucs lost 2 of 3 to the Tigers, only giving up 3 runs in the 2 losses. Hopefully the bats benefit from the day off yesterday.

Mike, I hope the appointment today went well. Awesome pic of the wagon yesterday!

It's ice cream time!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Yeah, we could use some rain out here. Supposed to be 80's today and tomorrow. 80 equals 90 out on the asphalt in the pits. First Summit Series races this weekend. Went out yesterday, got pitted and teched. Damn, it's taking longer all the time to get un hooked and un loaded.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Had some fun yesterday. Got a round win. Too quick in rd 2 with a tail wind. I'll take 'em, one round at a time. Can't hit the tree for crap. All over the place. I did mostly pro tree last year and this sportsman tree is hard.
Y'all have a gooden. I'm back to the races for #2. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks----Floyd if I could hit the tree I would almost always win....I have said forever about anyone can hit it on a pro tree with a delay box----everyone have a good day. We are getting more rain. Frown

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Day 2 didn't go as well as day 1. The announcer came up to me before the race and said, what the hell is wrong with your truck? You've got a problem somewhere. Well, Marty and I had been talking about it all morning and I think we figured out the convertor is going away. It's got a lot of races on it behind 2 engines and a bunch of years. Time to spend some money.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mornin folks----Floyd ATI will make you fly 1-866-379-4632 Insist on talking to Charlie Plott. You won't be sorry.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,man were about to get washed away round here,hopefully it will let up in a little while................

Foots some better hot into the wound care center Friday and go back tomorrow,hoping it's finally heading,y'all have a great day................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Monday again, sigh. Great weekend, my brother and his family were in, 10 of us at the Pirate game Saturday night, and about 35 people got together for lunch yesterday for dad's birthday. Good stuff. We got pictures from my mom and one of my aunts from over the years, mixed that in with stuff we have, and made a 30 page album. And the Pirates swept the Brewers. Big Grin

Floyd, glad you're out there having fun. Sounds like the converter didn't owe you anything. Good places out there to choose from nowadays.

Mike, we're getting a little rain too, supposed to be a chance for some boomers today. I was wondering how the foot was, I hope that it keeps healing up and feeling better.

You all have a great day!