DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! I did ok last weekend, lost in the 4th round, .047 on the tree and ineligible. The guy that beat me then goes .165 on the tree the next round. I'm trying to get a good trailer this morning so I can go to Norwalk for the No Box Bonanza. The one I was going to borrow, the trailer brakes aren't working. That's been another problem with this wet spring, haven't been able to go over my trailer. I'll still go out and enjoy a weekend away, but I really hope I can one, $10k to win each day.

Nick, you off for awhile, with the heat, or are you racing soon?

Fern, how about you, racing soon?

1258, that's great stuff!

How you doing, Floyd?

Ice cream time. You all have a great weekend!
Relaxing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ferns dead in the water as it just keeps on raining here----hope everyone is having better luck than we are here.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
HEY guys like Chuck said TGIF .....Going to be hot here in the desert SW 105 to 107....Ugly

I don't have much going on , still working and dang got here at 4 am .... LOL

Chuck, the guys goes .165 next round after taking you out... That just blows.... We have a team race Saturday gate at 4 pm (the hottest part of the day) I be showing up around 6:30 and roll off the trailer straight to tech an right up for the first qualifying hit . I am not going to sitting around for two and a half hour out in the heat...Hahaha

Fern , sent us that weather dang.... I'll pay extra this time....

You all have a GREAT ONE !!!

Relaxing

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. I didn't get to race, but had a good time with my friends out at Norwalk. One of my buddies, in only his second full season, made his first trip to another track. He didn't get into the money rounds, but, he didn't have to buy back any of the 3 days, and he got some good seat time and learning.

Nick, awesome job this weekend!

I'm happy - IHRA has made a change to allow deep staging at the Keystone Sportsman Spectacular. I can race for $10k and $5k at my home track now.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all who drop in Here!!!LOL

Seems the post her have been a little slim , ok its Tuesday and its hot here . Day after day 103 to 107 with no relief in sight. Racing has really slowed down , but if you don't mine a 105 start time at the 4 pm gate time your good. There still only 2 or 3 races till second week in August, so time to lay around by the pool.

Chuck , thanks for that!! Had a lot of luck on my side, only a 5 round race with 31 cars. But that final at 3:53 am was a laugh , and leaving the track as the sun was coming over the mountains ....very surreal...hahah

Fern , we could us so of that rain!!!!

Have A Great Day Everyone

Relaxing

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Rain gone till the week end then its back. Temp has been mid 70s and it was 62 this morning. You know Nick when I lived out there I never noticed it being uncomfortable. But that was before everyone in the East moved out there and brought their vegitation and irrigation which raised the humidity. You know what I mean.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon ... Hump day is here and I'm ready for the weekend. Work has been a steady grind. wish I had more.

Chuck, you going to race a few IHRA deals ?

Fern, your right about the everyone from the East trying to change the vegetation in the SW desert. Has not done much but use up what we need the most WATER... New developers are still building small lakes to enhance there subdivisions, with in a couple of years Lake Mead will stop letting water out and we will bee in big trouble. All those small lake will be dust bowls....

After All That , Have A Great Day ..... LOL

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Morn y'aa,

Quiet here on the good coast. Marty is down under so Woody and I are taking it easy.

Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of COPO Rat
posted Hide Post
Hello

New here... Been Racing Stock for a few years and now moving into Top Dragster. Look forward to everything here.

Posts: 15 | Location: Denver Colorado | Registered: June 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by COPO Rat:
Hello

New here... Been Racing Stock for a few years and now moving into Top Dragster. Look forward to everything here.

Welcome we need an other T/D, No really just to posting.....A lot of great racers posting , real good people....

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! Over center day almost in the books. It cooled down here, 40s last night, mid 60s today, before we start warming up tomorrow. I'm just hoping we're dry for Saturday.

Nick, you can keep that heat out there. It takes some luck every race, doesn't matter how many rounds there are. I'll be racing the IHRA Sportsman Spectacular at Keystone, can't beat a $10k and $5k weekend at your home track. If this Saturday wasn't a points day here, I'd be interested in going to Dragway 42's this weekend. That's about a 3 hour tow.

Welcome, COPO! Staying in the COPO in addition to getting into TD?

DRR Trophy
Picture of COPO Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Evenin' all! Over center day almost in the books. It cooled down here, 40s last night, mid 60s today, before we start warming up tomorrow. I'm just hoping we're dry for Saturday.

Nick, you can keep that heat out there. It takes some luck every race, doesn't matter how many rounds there are. I'll be racing the IHRA Sportsman Spectacular at Keystone, can't beat a $10k and $5k weekend at your home track. If this Saturday wasn't a points day here, I'd be interested in going to Dragway 42's this weekend. That's about a 3 hour tow.

Welcome, COPO! Staying in the COPO in addition to getting into TD?

Thanks Folks!

Yep, They will have to bury me in the COPO. Its part of the family now and will be as long as I have anything to say about it.

My son been racing Jr Dragster for 4 years now and asks daily how long before he gets to make his first pass in it.

Lots of great info here and look forward to hanging out.

Posts: 15 | Location: Denver Colorado | Registered: June 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good luck with that. My 65 GTO convert left last July. Watched it drive out of my driveway and have never seen it since. I am also the guy that owned the Mega Ford (one of the first Pro Mods) and it to went down the road as did a 69 Trans Am.......A lot of it has to do with garage space, I have more than most but you can't keep them all+at77 years old I have to much STUFF. Hope everyone is doing good, Later

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern what do you still have in your stable?
The two Pontiacs both street cars?

COPO , the kid will be killer in the car, I bet he will be a money maker. All the JRs near me are betting the pants off everyone. We have one kid at Wild Horse Pass very close to be leading the points in Pro and Super Pro. And he is one of the most courteous and likable guy too.

It's so Hot

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by COPO Rat:
Hello

Cool! What division??

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4515 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nick I still have the 65 GTO I bought new. Just put a new battery in it awhile back. 65 442 race car. The rest are all gone. Going to Dr today about knee, see where this is going. Everyone have a good day

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Good Morning to all of you... Great to be above ground ...LOL Not much here but the heat, time to kick back with a cold one by the pool....

Fern, the 65 GTO was my all time favorite of the Pontiacs. Had a girl friend who had a 65 Tempest convertible , Midnight blue Metallic me had a lot of funny in that car.

Chuck , that SSS IHRA race looks like the cool
deal , back when Tucson was IHRA then made had a great program for us.

BP , Copo lives in Denver so my guess his racing in Div. 5, but only a guess....LOL

I hope you all Have A Great Day , If your racing Good Luck.....

Make my shake Chocolate and make it a large....

Relaxing

DRR Trophy
Picture of COPO Rat
posted Hide Post
J178RED, I'm Division 5 and Bandimere is my home. You ae right the Jr Racers can tear it up!! I wish I would have started racing at that age. Lots of guys at our track tearing it up from Jr backgrounds.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Like Nick said, it's warm out here. Woody said we might have to turn the AC on today.

Welcome copo rat. this is a fun site with some real good people. I used to have a race car, truck, but I haven't seen it in a while. If my boy is going to keep it I wish he would pay me for it. LOL.
While I'm trying to stay cool with my dog Marty is down under. Supposed to be working but the pictures I get I don't see a lot of work He's doing a lot of what I taught him, enjoying good food. They did a little bbq and I didn't see my invite. I would have made the 15 hour flight to have joined in that feast. Aussie tomahawk rib eyes.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Damn Floyd! Went to Knee Dr yesterday, cortazone shot wear knee brace and see you in 3 months. I don't know about this as I got things to do and this is holding me back some. No racing this week got work to do. Everyone have a good one today. Good luck Chuck