DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone----Got in late from Piedmont last night......You all need to go to Piedmonts web site and look at the pics of the crowd there last night--remember it was Thursday. Place was packed.....We also can race year round here depending on the weather...I have a spare motor, trans, and converter. Most everything else can be taken care of pretty quick local. I go through 2 sets of slicks a year also. Everyone have a good day looks like Easter weather will be great. Where you at Mike?????

Posts: 6230 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey I'm up! Good morning , dang I'm late to check in! Eyes Hope I didn't miss anything!!

Chuck, last race is usually first week of Dec. and then we start up first week or two of Jan. so all big changes and freshen jobs are in that little 4 week period !! Rolling
As far as entry fees and budget its a pick and choose deal ! Races Like Spring Fling in Vegas are the best race's of the year. But for me and my work and my budget is was not to be. In the two years going out of 10 races I had to buyback once, which is really good . Yet I could not make it past a 3 round win, which is the money round. Made it to 3 round 6 times and could not win pass then. I'm a low budget guy paying with some of the best , super gas cars and TS are really fun to win against !! But when they take you out by having .005 to .009 packages ,or by .0004 as in one race!! Ouch!

Fern, You sound as if your ready for just about anything . Most the time I feel blessed just having what I have. Being a slow 10 second guy and winning rounds and race's against 7 second guy's is a big challenge , Not that I'm complaining I have a great time. Wow 2 sets of slicks in year , I race more than most my friends but still get 16 months out of my slicks. That was with my GY's , changed to M/T this year(60' times went from 1.44s to 1.39s} hope they last as long............... Hum

Happy Easter to all! If your Racing Best of Luck!!............... Double Thumbs up

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Happy Easter Sunday morning to all my Drr friends,been gone a few days resting up for the spring rush sure will be glad when the weather makes its mind up on rather it's going to be hot or cold,hope y'all have a great day...........

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon all --- well I have raced, attended 2 birthday deals, an egg hunt, and a Easter dinner. Weather is stunning---hope everyone is safe.

Posts: 6230 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Monday morning and where is everyone? I got to take the motor home in for service then Dr for my hand this afternoon. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, and its supposed to be in the mid 70s today---everyone have a good day.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a great weekend. Nice weather came in too late to salvage opening day at PRP, so they'll try again this Saturday. Mom had Easter dinner Saturday, and before that I helped my nieces and nephews color some eggs. Sunday was my aunt and uncle's for brunch, family time, and playing dominoes and hand and foot. Oh, I also shaved my beard off. For the first time in almost 20 years, I'm cleanshaven.

J, I understand all about being a low budget guy, and picking and choosing races. Got to make it all work and balance out.

Mike, I hope you're doing ok. I can't imagine all those firsts, like this being the first Easter without your mom.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Well, the Pirate opener didn't go the way I wanted. I got home to see the last 4 innings, Cueto and Liriano were both dealing. Nice clutch hitting from McCutchen, but Frazier answered that with a no doubter 3 run shot. I'm just glad baseball is back. Racing is next.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,a little slow for me the last couple days,y'all all have a great day,I'll get back up to speed in a little while.............

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning all, hope everyone had a pleasant weekend. Had a big shock on Monday , a friend went to the doctor for a back problem. They found a tumor against his spine , plus 3 other tumors in different locations. I was told stage four, I'm just sick about it.

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! I'm liking the warmer temperatures, getting me even more in the mood for racing.

J, really sorry to hear about your friend. That's awful.

Mike, I hope you're feeling ok. Should we send you some nitrous, help you overcome that bog off the starting line?? Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all, whump day is here {wish it was Saturday}.
Thanks Chuck..... its a rough world we live in, seems not to be getting better. All we can really do is pray and hope. Praying

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Howdy guys,yea Chuck I could use a boost my butts been dragging as of late,and not drag racing,lol,this dang foot that I lost half off has a sore on it that I can't get to heal,so spending a lot of time going to the dr.maybe I'll get it under controll before losing the rest of the foot,but enough about me,hope y'all have a great day tomorrow...................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
WOW! Mike that sounds like no fun, I sure hope it gets better real fast....... Double Thumbs up

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Thanks J,it ain't much fun but it's just another bump in the road of life,we'll get through it,hope all y'all folks have a great day.................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Little bit of rain, but it's warm out, and weather looks like it will improve for the weekend. New BTE converter ordered, my trans is done, things are coming together.

Mike, I sure hope the foot comes around and heals up for you.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to everyone!! Chuck sounds like your almost ready to rock and roll. I've got a Super Pro race Saturday at 8:00 am ! Me being a open trailer, pickup guy, 100 miles away from Wild Horse Pass means a very early start!.....
Not that I have a problem with that, but every doctor I been talking to lately say's sleeping is one of the best things for good health. And I'm not getting any younger , so I try to do what I can be my best ...... LOL
Its kind a funny when I was a kid guys in my neighbor who raced had no trouble having friends go racing with them as crew, now days I feel I'm on a desert island . Seems no kids want to hang out with a old ****. hahaha I think I might have woke up on the wrong side of the bed.....
Have a great day and have some fun some how.....
Double Thumbs up

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy Friday! Ice cream time!
Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I need my Ice Cream to go please! I got a 500 mile trip home. Have a great weekend , if your racing GOOD LUCK!! Party

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,trying my best to get back on my daily routine been kinda tuff the last little while to get going but trying real hard to start today.............

The foot with the sore on it seems some better after I made a cushion that would help take the pressure off the sore,and it didn't cost me a $50. Co-pay,but I quess in the dr.defense she has never had a half of a foot and has never walked with a crooked deformed knee,so that's why she made her pad to take the pressure off the wrong way,ain't sure how long you have to go to school to learn to clip nails and scrap bunions but I believe she's needs a couple more yrs. learning to treat this kind of problem...............

Sorry about that long complaint got kinda carried away sure hope everyone had a great weekend and had some fun,good luck with the race of life this Monday morning.............. Wave.............

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Looking like a great day for the Pirates home opener. I'll be listening to it on the radio. Series win against the Brewers, I'll take that all season. PRP opener was Saturday, good to be back at the track, just sucks because we had a long oil down that cost an hour and a half. I'm hoping to get all my junk done for the 24th, we'll see how I do.

Mike, I hope the foot feels better. You're not complaining, it's what you have going on right now. Hang in there.