DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerhog:
Auhhhh Crap... It's Raining Floyd !! lol

Hey, Bob.
It's been a while. I'm still alive so I guess you are too. Check in every once in a while.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry I been slacking, been away. You all need to pay attention to Mike Hawks post above. He has gone through more in the past few years than I could imagine and now it looks like he is losing his sight. Yet he seems to keep a positive attitude. Mike is a good guy and I have no idea why he must suffer so much. So when you can say a little prayer for Mike. Remember he started this site we enjoy so much

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
You're absolutely right. Mike is a good guy and he deserves better. But he don't ask for nothin from nobody. I'm just sorry after all these years of talking about it we never got together with his Minnie Winnie parked in my driveway so we could enjoy some prime rib. Now I think we're both too old to do it but we had some mighty good fun talking about it. Hey, Mike. I've still got the long extension cord. Ha Ha.
You all have a gooden and don't forget Mikey in your prayers.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We are doing our racing in Dolly Wood, TN this week. Went to the mountains and rode around today just looking. Pretty tacky here in Pigeon Forge. But I am taking it easy for a week.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all
Can't let this fall off the page, been around too long.
Quiet out here, weather is nice and been watching all the races on the puter. They had live coverage of the CHRR so I got to watch 2 of my buddies go out first rd and the other DQ'd for water leak 2nd rd. This weekend it's the National in Vegas to see if Brian McClanahan can wrap up the stock championship. There's 3 races and he has 3 shots at improving his score and adding to his one point lead. So far so good. Get 'em, Brian.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Good Morning All.... Floyd glad to hear your still posting with Woody on your side....LOL
Been watching and rooting for Brian too, I'm here in southern Ca. this morning , you got the fog near you? On the drive in could not see two car lengths ahead of me at time, but I was only going 65 on the 405......hahaha I have several friends attending the show in Vegas with strict instruction to do the same for Brian.

GO BRIAN GO!!!!!

Have A Great weekend to All....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Rain and fog here in Dollywood. Had a drag racer from KY park beside us in camp ground. Didn’t know him but it didn’t matter. Later

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick,
He's got a lot of people pulling for him. If he gets it they will be the only 3 generation family to ever win National Championships.

So my son calls me this morning and says can I borrow your truck and the trailer. I say what's a matter with your truck? He lost the key to his hitch lock again so he can't get the turbo off. I just laughed and said okay. He's bringing me his beater to drive. Not bad, he borrows my 50 K truck and 5 K trailer and leaves me a $500 beater to drive.
What are dads for.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:

What are dads for.

See what I'm missing not having kids....hahaha

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick,
Brian lost 3rd rd but he picked up 10 points over a previous loss. He still has one divisional and one more national to improve on.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Nick,
Brian lost 3rd rd but he picked up 10 points over a previous loss. He still has one divisional and one more national to improve on.

Floyd, hope Brian gets it done! You going this week Floyd? I’ll see you guys Wed.

Barry

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
Hey Nick,

Floyd, hope Brian gets it done! You going this week Floyd? I’ll see you guys Wed.

Barry

Barry, I can't go. My dog sitter is at Sema for the week and they won't be home in time. But I will be there in spirit. If you see them tell them I'm paying attention and rooting for them.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You got it!! Smile

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning all! I'm already watching Div. 7 in Vegas.... I hope you all are watching too....

clapping

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not even---15,000 Wend, 15,000 Thur, 50,000 Fri, Sat, And Sun at Reynolds Georgia. Who would pass that?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Not even---15,000 Wend, 15,000 Thur, 50,000 Fri, Sat, And Sun at Reynolds Georgia. Who would pass that?

Hey Fern, all us guys out here on the left coast that don't have access to your races take what we can get. We seldom get to see the division races live and this is an important one with some championships on the line including a very good friend of ours.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Teasing you Floyd......They rained out yesterday and it looks like they will finish yesterday today and run for $75,000 Sat and Sun. I guess the Fling in Vegas is the only thing you get out that way that's not NHRA. I haven't even had a HRA membership for several years. But between life and other things I have not been able to race much even though they are right in my back yard. But I go when I can. Just spent 10 days in Pigeon Forge, TN visiting Dollywood and the surrounding areas. Pretty darn awesome.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yeah Fern. I just saw that. It's still raining now. It's hard to plan a drag race anymore cause of mother nature being so upset with the world.
Yeah, at least we get the Fling. For some reason nobody out here is interested in big money drag races. We're lucky to get a 1500 to win race once in a while.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All who read and post on Mike's thread..hahaha

Floyd, It's starting to happen at here on the left coast , this Nov 10th we a $4,000 to win Super Pro race with a $45 entry and $3,000 Pro race. And the Hangover Nationals $3500 two day race . And do not forget March's SHOWDOWN race with 3 10,000 Super Pro for $425 entry... Thanks Chris...
While I'm here may as well tell you guy's Tucson is getting back the Divisional race , been gone from us for over 10 years...

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Brian McClanahan is the new champion in stock eliminator. The McClanahan family becomes the first ever e generation world champs in NHRA history.