DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Thanks for the notes about Carmen. He was a great guy, whose favorite things were family, racing, and feeding people, and at the track he got to combine all 3. We're going to miss him badly. We had our 2014 season banquet Saturday night, and that was hard, not having him there.

Floyd, have a blast out there in the March Meet. If I ever hit the lottery, I'll come sit by the hot dog machine. Big Grin

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all . A weekend of rain and wind, did a little week pulling . Its hard to keep a yard looking like a desert, LOL. Saturday we race, so that will make up for last weekend. Have a great day ! Double Thumbs up

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Looks like winter is trying to get its last licks in. Freezing rain out there now, hopefully going to warm up enough to be all rain and keep the commute home from being a mess. Supposed to be 40, going to feel like a heat wave. You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good day folks,running late y'all have a wonderful day..............

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes its awful outside----we are supposed to race at Rockingham this weekend and VMP next....I am not close to ready. Tomorrow supposed to be nice....You in a hurry Mike???? Everyone have a good day.

Posts: 6229 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Morning all---no one up yet? Got to start getting ready for the weekend. Everyone have a good day

Posts: 6229 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,well here we are another over the hump day,headed down hill from here on out,gotta love the weather if you don't like what we got today,hang on it'll be different tomorrow.............. Double Thumbs up..............

Fern really don't know why I seemed in a hurry yesterday I got up late and was late all day,and lastnight I got to thinking why hurry and rush I've got this Boss that don't give a crap about being in a hurry so why should I,I have to have a talk with the boss(me)and get some time off,lol........it gets bad after a long winter of talking to myself,even Mannie says hey Dad are you ok............. Wink..............

Speaking of my boy Mannie the great hunter,he's been talking he needs to hunt him something good to eat,I cook all the time and I told him I hunted the meat I got I just didn't have to shot or clean it but I did hunt it at Walmart,and that can be a adventure in its self, Big Grin.....but someone told him that the breast meat off a Robin was good,so he goes out gets him a squirrel and a Robin and cleans them and power boils them and then cooks them in the oven with BBQ sauce and fixed him some rice and said look dad don't it look good I said if you like it,it's good,anyways he at least eats what he kills,lol,I've done told him it's ok just clean up your mess.......... Tongue...........y'all have a good day................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! It's messy up here. Rained for about a day straight, which just puts water on top of the ice on the lane, so it took 2 attempts to get up to my driveway last night. Now the temps are going down all day into tonight, rain changing to snow, so the ride home will probably be a slushy, icy mess. I'm really ready for the winter to end. You all be safe and have a good day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
OK I'm up, I think! Good Morning to all. Sorry your winter is lingering so long. Fern you sound like your weekend should be a great time, get her done! Everyone stay warm and have a great day!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
74 degrees here today--got motor home ready--unloaded race car off of open trailer it was on in the garage--hooked up enclosed to motor home and backed it right up to the garage door so I can drive in without touching dirt. I'll load the car Sat morning as its supposed to be about 20 Fri night here....Sat and Sun looking good so far. Double Thumbs up

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Fern, send some of the north please. Rain and 40, turned into 30 and snow, 20 and snow, teens and snow. Morning commute here was an absolute mess. Supposedly above freezing starting Saturday, and 50s next week, but I will believe it when I feel it. You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning guy's ! Going to have a great day above ground. Yesterday had a little extra time so went thru the first 103 pages of this thread reading Guy's posts . The track is not the same without Priceless not being in the pits. I think about him all the time, when I got this car and sold the Vega my first thought was what is Guy going to say. I raced Jami last year in a team race and that was a kick, she was in her car. She ran her number as I remember but I was lucky to have a better light! I have not seen her lately , next time we race I know my a$$ is on the line. She will be gunning for me!
Weather here is good , Saturdays team race should be in the high 70s. First hit about 10:00am , thinking about if I should run on the stop or wide open. Really much of a difference {10.90 and 10.18 wide open}, I have not decided yet. let's all have great day! Nick

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Friday morning folks,little cool around these parts this morning but will warm up some after bit..............

Y'all have a good day,and Nick my friend Guy was a mess and when I called him when he was in the hospital once he was like what,good folks like Guy are hard to come across but they out there and seem to show up here,which is very cool,jmho....................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all!
Weather is great for the March Meet. I got one hit yesterday and was a little tool quick, 10.579 on the .60 index. I think we only get one more qualifier so I better burp it once to make sure I get in. There are 40 cars for a 32 car field.
Y'all have a golden!

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Little nippy down here Mike---You are right about Guy....Since I lived out there when I was young we had a few conversations about the "old" days. Ariz has changed so much since I moved back East first around 1958-9 and then for good in 1966....it was such a great place to be when I was a teenager....on Pawn Stars last night someone brought in 2 Cushman Eagle scooters. I had one of those as a 12-13 year old in Tucson....everyone have a good day.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! -2 this morning to start the day. Hopefully this is the last time we're around zero. Sun is out and looks nice, but the full moon last night was almost as bright, reflecting off all the snow and ice.

J, I miss Guy too. Jami looks like she and her family are doing well, by her FB posts.

Floyd, good luck this weekend! Have a blast! I hope to catch some of the coverage on BangShift.

You all have a great weekend. Ice cream time!
Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all ! Great day for racing in SoCa , temps in 80s with some wind. The day will fly by with watching Fontana and working, Floyd good luck kick some butt!! Tonight going to be a tough deal as I will not get home till near 1 am, then have to load truck up and be on the road at 6 am to Wild Horse Pass for Summit Series Team race #2. Should be a good time with weather in the low 80s , just like SoCa ! I love this time of the year in Arizona, our winter has been so darn mild so the bugs are already covering the windshields. I'm still on the fence about running on stop or WFO !! Stay warm you guys, and have a great weekend!!
Double Thumbs up

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evevin y'all!
Ran second and last qualifier today. Clicked it off at the scoreboard, killed 11 mph, and ran a 10.66 to qualify #16. Now if I can just t curb a little by I'll go on. First round is tomorrow for everybody. There are right at 600 cars here so eliminations so eliminations start Saturday morning. Either going to be a short weekend or a long one.

Y'all have a golden!

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning folks,Floyd you have fun and good luck,600 cars awesome,everybody else have a good Saturday.............and weekend also...........

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin y'all!
Everybody got first rd in today. Half of them get to go home. I get to stay. Gotta admit I got a little lucky, I was late. But I knew I was set up fast so I got around him just past 60' and pulled away enough so I could click it right here I knew it would run a 10.66. I killed 10 mph and he couldn't run the number. I'm in the Suday show.
My buddy Jim VanGordon runs NE 2 and was #1 qualifier with a 8.605 on the 8.60 index. He got a bye first rd and put a period on it by running 8.600. How's that for getting it done.
Y'all have a gooden.