DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

We can see sky this morning. Smoke has let up a bit. They are letting some of the people back into their homes now. Looks like the worst might be over. As far as I know there were no houses lost in our fire, just a few small structures and some fences. To burn 20,000 acres and not lose any homes is a credit to our fire fighters from all over the world. Thank God for their help.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All!!! I'm rushing to hump day, hoping for the weekend already... dealing with all the normal stuff plus trying to get ready to start racing again soon.

Floyd . Hear the fires in riverside are 72% contained and should be 100% by next Tuesday .

Chuck, Sounds like you are going to have a great time in Oct.....

You all have a Great day.....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
We are finally back to semi normal. Still gets a little warm but at least the smoke is mostly gone.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I been slacking at holding up this site--sorry. Been working on property up in MD. Gave up on fixing and gutted the place. Made a lot of progress but a lot more to do. Came back to NC for a Dr appt and a wedding tomorrow then make plans to go back up to MD. I looked at the race car this morning and its still there. Glad to see the fires missed you Floyd--that fire ain't no joke. Later, got grass to mow.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Like always.... Fern does more than me in a day than I do in a week. What a great worker, I just wish he had time to come out to Arizona to re do my kitchen .... I promise to let you race the Camaro while your out here....LOL

You All Have A Great Weekend......

Relaxing

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
9 years since Nikki passed... thinking of Karen, Ashley, and Bob today.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Temp is running in the low 90's so it ain't too bad. Electric bill is kinda high though. $298.18 for last month It is what it is.
Fern, you work too hard but that's what keeps you going. Good on you, Brother.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well its another day. Wind and rain last night was over the top and now I have some limbs to clean up. Floyd I got to keep going as no one to help except me and my new friend--she is a hard worker. Went to a wedding last night at Pinehurst, yes that Pinehurst, for a young roundy round racer. Got to see how the other 1/2 lives. Sit down dinner of lamb chops, prime rib, sea food, etc. Pretty impressive. Fern even had some sparkly water. Hope someone is racing somewhere today. everyone have a good day

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all... not much to talk about I'm just working to get to the weekend. Saturday have a team race but we have 30% chance for rain, I have not had the car on the track in 6 weeks so that will make it a real good challenge for me and everyone....LOL

Relaxing

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think I am going to go to Rockingham and race this weekend. Not a darn thing ready to go and not a thing in this new motorhome. Old one with all my stuff is up in MD. But I think I'll show up and might get lucky and win a round.....might try this no box stuff--maybe.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
FERN, put a tranny brake in to that car , you will be going rounds at every race......Use the easy button..... You Da Man

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nick I have one already with the super quick ATI valve body and all. Also a plug in delay box which I have used before.....I just like foot braking. Old man, old school car Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern I know you love that "FOOTBRAKE" but some times going rounds makes this drag racing less of a drag.... LOL

I liked bottom blub racing but I could not hang with the guys who go .00 something hit after hit. But in Super Pro I could be that guy and go rounds, bad thing is I had to learn what to do at the stripe being chased 95% of the time. And I'm still learning after 7 years in Super Pro , but I'm going 3 times as many round as I did in Pro. To me the fun part being at the track includes going rounds and seeing all my friends....

And Fern my car is a simple old school car too, only 2 gauges in car (water temp, oil pressure) there's a tach but its not hooked up, to me its a distraction the power glide shifts on time which is a function of my box.

Like I have said in the pass you need to come out here and race my car , I'm sure we can unhook the box , hook the tack up and you could shift it and "footbrake" it.....LOL Sorry it's not and OLDS......

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Heading for the Rock right now. Hope I make a round or 2. Real nice weather

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good luck Fern..... clapping

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Fern. have a great time.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just got home---3 days of wonderful weather and racing. I never bought back but never won a 3rd round. Today had a transmission line burst so I loaded it up and came home. Don't know why more people don't attend these races. I think they work their bottoms off to do a good race then get rewarded with short fields and they paid the purse----those parked cars aren't doing anyone any good.....But those of us there had a good time and also free food Sat night. Thanks to Tony and Steve and everyone else involved.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! I hope you've had a good weekend. Keystone's Night of Fire was yesterday, nice to see a crowd at the track, even better to see a couple of nice days, good car count at test and tune Friday night too. Motz, the jets, and gassers put on a good show. I got too aggressive, dropped hard in both Mod and Top. I think it was the right move in Mod, but if I would have stayed flat, who knows. Gave it up .002 in Top. Won my Mod buyback, but then lost to Nick Bowman, who was .030 dead zero to my .048 dead 6. He went on to win the class.

Nick, how did you do?

Fern, glad you had a good time. Sorry to hear about the trans line. I hope it's an easy fix.

Floyd, you ok out there?

You all have a great night.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Finally having some decent weather.
Fern, glad you had fun.

Nick, the McClanahans had a pretty good weekend in Salt Lake. Brian went to the semis in stock both days.broke a rearend on Sunday. Looks like he's pretty much got a lock on the division championship. He's in second nationally but not going to Indy. Ryan got it done sunday in Super Stock. The Burtons gotta be getting tired of the McClanahans whipping them up in both classes.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all! Just making my way to work after a strange Saturday night race, we started out with a cool 85 but 63% humidity with we are not use to car was slow at 10.65 adjusted was 6,259. Run for the money I dial 10.66 an run it with a 4 . That should have got it as everyone was having trouble but the last pair behind me with my friends go One dialing 7.50 and runs it with an 0....then first round I have s 7.85 car with 176 mph verse me at 125.... I tree him bad with a .008 against his .044 . I had the car on 10.66 dialed hard , as he was coming I thought he not going to make it but I was dialed hard so ran it out . Dumb me Some how I run 10.599 he ran 7.830 for the win... when I check weather station we still at 6,123 60 1 thou fast and 330 was 5 thou fast but after that I picked up hard.

Floyd, thanks for all the results!