DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

Guy, that's great! Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

Everybody else have a great day, I'm going to try to get out of here a little early so I can load up for Vegas.

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Mornin gang, Madi was so full of herself this am! She's going through 2 weeks of SOL testing, the school sends home notes, good breakfast, no fussing, bed early, etc. Madi is taking full value of it to try & get her way...lol...I wouldn't have her any other way though.
I guess Mom is a little excited about our Bristol trip also, even though I'm sure I'll be having some doubts when the spstman classes are running Frown And, my lil man has requested "could Mom & Sissy stay away for 2 or 3 days maybe while he plays trains w Dad?" Hum
Hope Nikki feels better today. You guys have a great rainy day, I'm thinking if it doesn't stop soon we may need to form a block party to build an ark?

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Well, another full day ahead! First, check under car to see if any leaks overnight, double check shifter linkage, then pick up the tools laying all over the sideyard and return them to the proper place in the tool box, start car, check again for fluid leaks, drop car down off jack stands, and refuel fuel jugs and race car for test run on Friday night. Then take a nap!
Then take car and trailer out to get new dishwasher and finally, in the cool of the house, with a few curse words, install new dishwasher! No chance of rain here, just keep car covered and out of sight of the bird bombing practice flight crew. Lookin' for another 100 degree day! Didn't take Obama long to get all the heat he wanted out here last night! Got in town at around 6 last night, went and gave speech at ASU graduation and was back on Air Force 1 by 10 p.m. Over 95 folks suffered heat related illness, unfortunately Obama was not one of them! You all have a pleasant day! Eyes Wink Tongue I'm stupid Big Grin Smile just do it Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Madi and MsFurr, don't huff up all those nitro fumes, you have to save some for me when I get to see them at Norwalk next month. I hope you have a great time. MsFurr, the first national event I went to see was Gainesville 5 years ago. It was great, loved it all, except after a few hours, it was like, when will they call my class to the lanes? I want to race! So I feel you there.

Guy, you can keep that Los Dos Molinos "race fuel" on your side of the country. I get enough of that from my buddies. Eek Glad to hear the engine is all good. I need to tinker on mine still. Cruised it out to the track and back, but didn't make a pass. It's getting there though.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Evening folks. I have been kinda busy lately and hadnt been checking in. It's good to see that everyone is good.
We havent gotten any rain here yet. But they say its on the way. Good thing I got a wall poured yesterday.
Thanks for your continued prayers, that helps to ease the pain.
Ya'll have a goodern.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Chuck, checked timing this morning and it was at 40 degrees so backed it off two pegs on the
crank trigger and is now dead on 36 degress as recommended by engine builder! Got a flat spot in my 1/2" aluminum fuel line--appears to have been that way for a while---and considerin' putting a braided hose splice in it or would I be better off just replacing the line all the way from the pump? Not a pleasant task when it is 100+ degrees out there on the concrete! May wait a week or so! It's been that way for a while, thinkin' it was caused as I loaded car in trailer one time and didn't have front end of trailer jacked up quite high enough! Eyes I'm stupid help Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guy M. Price:
Chuck, checked timing this morning and it was at 40 degrees so backed it off two pegs on the
crank trigger and is now dead on 36 degress as recommended by engine builder! Got a flat spot in my 1/2" aluminum fuel line--appears to have been that way for a while---and considerin' putting a braided hose splice in it or would I be better off just replacing the line all the way from the pump? Not a pleasant task when it is 100+ degrees out there on the concrete! May wait a week or so! It's been that way for a while, thinkin' it was caused as I loaded car in trailer one time and didn't have front end of trailer jacked up quite high enough! Eyes I'm stupid help :co

Guy, when you replace that line get the teflon braided line. It lasts basically forever. If you don't have anybody around there contact Bonaco Hoses & Fittings in Upland. Tell him I sent you. Car

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dragster66ss
posted Hide Post
Calling for the hit or miss rains all weekend this way too... Thinking of hitting up TnT @ Roxboro to try and get a few laps in. Keep in mind I'm undefeated at this event so far in 2009 (Roxboro TnT) Razz. I'm hoping to keep it that way. Cool

Lee Roberson

“My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."” Harmon Killebrew

Posts: 1108 | Location: Greenville/Henderson, NC | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
morning Big L and DRR Smile

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Moring everyone Big Grin Well friday has finally arrived but looks like the rain may also later today and tomorrow. Oh well guess another week of quality time with the wife won't kill me Eyes Just kidding she's the greatest. Guy hope all goes well with your T&T tonight. Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend.

Keeping thoughts and prayers for all that are under the weather

The older I get the faster I used to be !!

Posts: 567 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Top O The Morn folks.
Rained cats and dogs last night, thunder, lightining and all the goodies of a t-storm. I hope it didnt wash my bean seeds out.
Sure am glad to see friday get here. I have a nephew graduating from VA. Tech, so I gotta go get in that mess this evening.
Cant wait until Sat. A day of good racin.
Ya'll have a goodern.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's off to Vegas this morning. Gotta shiny coat of slickum on the old truck and let's see how much the heat is going to slow her down. They've adjusted the index to 10:75 so maybe I'll be okay. Supposed to get up to Guy's temperature the next couple of days but they say it's a dry heat. Guess I'll just add a little more fuel and hope for the best. Y'all have a great weekend.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
These 4 day weekends are going to spoil me, and i have 2 more of them to go.
I might actually get to take my truck to the track tonight. They are saying the rain should hold off til later tonight, around 9 or 10 pm.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Folks,going to be a beautiful rainy weekend here,or so it appears,so I can't wait to get my boots out and get muddy Wink Roll Eyes............But really it's OK,it's making the grass grow,and Mom loves her green grass in her front yard,under them old maple tree's,so I'll get to race one day,as long as she's happy,it makes me feel as if I just won a 7rd. race,so it's all good to somebody ain't it.

Marty good to see you this morning,sounds like a plan,hope you get to race tomorrow,and Mouse hope you get to go test that Truck,I'm a S-dime man myself,good luck,and too everybody hope you all have a safe and fun weekend.

Well ya'll all have a gooden and still thinking of all our friends,that are having troubles,God Bless...........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! It's Friday, woo hoo!

No racing for me this weekend, friend's daughter's graduation. You all be safe out there and have some fun for me.

Nikki is still fighting the upset stomach, but her eyes feel better, and she kept a couple of popsicles down yesterday.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Floyd, lean it out a bit in the heat and you should be okay at Vegas. If you don't have an EGT in there, you should and that will help guide you when going to tracks of a different altitude! On gas around 1350 or a little less is good and should keep you consistent. I am going to replace that section of fuel line with a piece of aluminum line providing I don't have to empty the fuel cell to do so. Glad to hear Nikki is making some headway! Tell her the "old man from AZ" is watching here every move and hope each is a positive move from here on out! Probably gonna pass on the Friday night test and tune as I wore out my helpers the other day putting the motor in and then I spent the better part of last night installing the new dishwasher which created more cuss words than my complete engine installation did!
To many "nooks and crannies" to contend with, especially since I ran a new copper water supply line to the dishwasher! At least it don't leak! Hope we find a lot of winners on here come Monday morning! Hopefully I might be one of 'em for a change! Eyes Big Grin I'm stupid Wink Smile just do it Cool

DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
good morning Big L and DRR may get to race today Smile

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Top O The Morn folks. Looks like the sun is gonna pop out today, just hope it stays out.
We are gonna get loaded up and head out to the track today.
Lets just pray for no rain. We dont need anymore.
Well, ya'll have a goodern.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
Good morning all! Survived another week at work and another layoff... down to last man standing status. Frown

Got car almost ready to go. 30 to 40% chance of rain, typical Florida summer weather.

Hope everyone has good luck on and off the track!

Hey Guy, I'll trade you our 95 w/80% humidity for your 100 w/10% humidity. Big Grin As soon as sun goes down shoe polish does not dry.

Posts: 3086 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning Guy's and Gal's of DRR land,looks wet here again today,but you never know,Rooster hope you get to race today,and Marty I bet you're headed to MM today,hope it stays dry for ya.Hey muggs hope you all get to race today and turn on them big W's............................
And to everybody else that might get to race today be safe and have fun,well it's work on race car day for me,maybe next week.

Well ya'll have a gooden and I'm still thinking of our friends that are having troubles,God Bless...........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post