DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
How well I remember 9 years ago today! It was like it was yesterday--thank goodnesss it wasn't! It was a misty cool day down in Tucson with sprinkles every now and then and it was a weekend and we were racing! They had shut down the track several times through out the day before first round of eliminations, trying to dry out the track. I was in the second pair of cars in Super Pro against Dennis Ison (now an Okie I understand) who was from Tucson. Before proceding to the burn out box both Dennis and I had to get some friends to wipe the rain drops off our windshields. Burnouts went well, both launched with green lights as we both spun off the line and spun again at various points along the track! Crossed the finish line, saw my win light and the next attraction was dismay--the concrete wall on the right side of the track (my lane)! Crunch! Hit wall at about 45 degree angle, then rear quarter panel hit wall and nosed the car toward the center line. What a bytch to steer! Looked up and right front wheel is going down track faster than my car! Kept pulling it to the right to go straight down track but to no avail! Didn't want Dennis running over me or me shoving him into the wall or endangering him also! Finally 600' or so after tha finishline my car (72 RS Camaro) comes to rest--after banging the front corner of the car--against the left lane concrete wall!
I still had the factory console in the car (as I do my current ride). I shut off all switches and as I did I heard a loud bang and huge piece of my lexan windshield came in just over the steering wheel! Little did I know the left front wheel busted off when I hit the left wall, went 20-30' in the air and landed on the windshield rail breaking the lexan and rolling back over the car toward the starting line! I proceded to unbuckle and crawl over console to get out the passenger door. Just as I got out there stood Dennis grabbing me and putting a "bear hug" on me saying: "Are you all right?"
My response was: "I was fine till you got hold of me!" And then we both laughed and relaxed!
Dennis had slammed on his brakes so hard it put huge flat spots on his front runners. Said he thought he might have touched my rear bumper with his front bumper but if so it was very, very lightly! Contributing to this wild ride were two things: Wet track and possibly I tapped the brakes a little so as to reduce the margin of victory and avoid a breakout but when doing so I feel confident one of the Willwood piston's c o c ked and locked the right front brake pulling me into the wall at 100+ mph. I had just crossed the finishline at 110 and change. Any time the Willwood pads would get 50% worn I would have to replace them as the pistons would c o c k and lock up the wheel! I now have Aerospace Components on all 4 wheels and can wear the pads to the metal with no problem! If this was, in fact, an April Fool's joke, it was a very expensive one! Seven months later I had my current ride with more safety equipment (full cage) and a much thinner wallet back on the track! As a result of that experience, I have not nor never will again run on April Fool's Day! Hope nobody does anything foolish on this foolish day to ruin your day! Eyes Eek No No censored I'm stupid Busted Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Morning gang!!
mean...gotcha Wink

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
oh, Lee please take good care of Sidrick this weekend...k? Cool

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dragster66ss
posted Hide Post
Cool Cool Cool

here come the MIB Wink

Lee Roberson

“My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."” Harmon Killebrew

Posts: 1108 | Location: Greenville/Henderson, NC | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! Busy day, glad it's about done.

Guy, sounds good on Jami's car, hope she kicks some major hinnie this weekend! Glad you walked away from bouncing off the walls, and are here to tell the tale.

Christine, that's why I don't watch the news. I can skip over the depressing stuff in the newspaper, and finish with the comics. I think maybe we should have a food drive once or twice this year at the track.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Good night peeps! Day is done as far as work. Taking Mark to dinner. Working too hard! Great guy!1

Chuck, get the bags ready!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Awh,Chuck and bags in the same line.... Eyes.........J/K......... Sorry couldn't resist...............and Ma B,I know you're right about the news to depressing,and Chucks dead-on again,need more comics and good news................ Big Grin.........................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
off till next tuesday Smile

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Mornin Rooster, enjoy the time off.

BB lets get wid-it people Cool

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
thanks Big L i will Wink

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Howdy morning people Wink Well pulled the bullet out of car last night to drop pan and examine. #1&2 rod bearings spun. Back to shop that it just came from I'm stupid Had 6 total passes on it Confused Guess everyone makes mistakes and I just happened to be the lucky number this time. Have had motors done at this shop for years and first problem i've had. Looks as if the apple did'nt fall far from the tree as my son stayed up until 2:00 am wed. morning to finish assembly on another bullet we have. Brings back memories of my younger days when I was roundy round racing. Missed many nights sleep trying to get things ready to go next day, or traveled half the night to get to another track or back home. Them days are long gone for me, my son seems to have trouble understanding why. His day will come when he undwerstands Big Grin Well enough of my babbling. Have a good day all Wink

The older I get the faster I used to be !!

Posts: 567 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning All,sorry to hear of the bad luck mtd,and you're right what used to be so important ain't quite as important today,I will be 50 in june,and I know my little boy is only 7 but he's always saying what are we going to do after school today Dad,and my response to him is let me get through the next hour and I will think about it,Big L and Rooster in da house Wink well the rest must be sleeping in or had to go in early this morning,the Dr. gave me a cortazone (spell like it sounds)in the knee yesterday,and said come back in 6 wks,and he would make me a special knee brace to keep this thing in place,so he we go again another day above ground,which is a good thing,so yall have at it today and have a gooden..........................................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Mike ! Another day in paradise.
We got a Heritage race this weekend but I think I'm going to pass. 3 weekends in a row is just too much for an old man. I think the sun must take it all out of me cause I sure am tired after 12 or so hours at the track. I'll go out Saturday to see haow the other boys are doing and have some of that good food but I think Sunday is going to be a couch potatoe day. Besides that I gotta change the oil in the race truck after the carberator flooding and I haven't got the energy to jack it up and crwl under it.
Everybody have a good day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Floyd Staggs,

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good Morning! I stayed away from the news, sort of! But the sun is shining and racing starts on Saturday. Two race cars are leaving today. Now Mark can work on his to get it ready. He said I should go just to watch! Me watch, yea right!! LOL. But, things will turn around and get better! Hope everyone else is ready to go and have a great time! Have a sweet day!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you are getting the "retirement mode" Floyd! You just have to remember the one thing that us old retirees have more of than the rest of the white folks is "time"! Learning how to "slow down" is one of the hardest feats of retirement! You just gotta keep bet'n the sun is gonna come up again tomorrow and the next day so don't rush it or you will become a cripple like Mike and I! Was thinkin' maybe he and I ought to get together and between the two of us we would have two legs
that we could stand on but after he said he weighed 265 pounds I'm not sure I could hold up my end of the bargain! Ma Brewer-Christine, ever time I see your "handle" listed I often wonder is there any resemblence between "Ma Brewer" and "Ma Kettle"? Remember "Ma and Pa Kettle"? They always brought a smile to everyone's face as I am sure you do! Hope the resemblence ends there. Got some final touchs
to do get ready for Super Chevy today, wash the
birdshyt off the trailer, check trailer tire pressures, last minute grocery shopping and we will be ready for the 120 mile trip south scheduled to take place tomorrow so that I can stop by the Lucky Wishbone and stock up on some of that great chicken in Tucson before I head out to SIR where daughter Jami and her family will meet me tomorrow night! You all have a happy day! Keep smilin'! It makes folks wonder what you are up to! Wink Eyes I'm stupid Hum Smile just do it Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Goooooooooooooood toooooooppp of the mornin.

I know i aint been around but dont miss me lol

Tee

Tee
wjoh155052@aol.com

Schooled by Scotty
http://www.scottyrichardsonsdragracingschool.com/
615-804-2487

My Home Track
New London Dragway.

www.biondoracing.com
www.racepartdepot.com

Loose Change does not smoke tires because i didn't teach him to do that.

Posts: 2159 | Location: Rustburg VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mr. Price. This is how I got my handle. All of my 4 son's friends all call me "Ma". Our home was their second home. But they all knew who was boss though! LOL. So up at the track everyone calls me Ma Brewer. I'm not as old as Ma Kettle, but I loved watching the movies! Never a dull moment at our house either!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Just keep that cast iron skillet handy in case the "Big Hawk" lands at your place sometime! Wink Big Grin I'm stupid Smile just do it Cool

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
ok so it's lunch time already...hope you guys have great weekends! Sorry mtd, that sux.

We're off to the Dirty Mo, hopin to get Madi's jr on a 12.90 or slower Friday & see what we can do in HR & TD Car this weekend too.

Birthday party for Adiayn on Saturday...cake, balloons, brownies & ice cream for anyone who wants to stop by! Hope you & Mannie make it down Mike, maybe ol Pat will make an appearance too?!?

FurrRacing.com

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:
But they all knew who was boss though! LOL. !

All of us at PRP know who the boss is!!! not worthy

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post