DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
So much frost here this morning it looked like a pure white sheet on the ground.......sun just came out.......you be careful Mike. You and Manny have a happy happy! Wayne you keep the foot longs fresh----see ya

Posts: 6259 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Definetly frost on the pumpkin today. 32* this morning. I don't imagine my lemons are going to survive.
Y'all have a good day. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,another day in the mud,hope it'll clear up some after this next wet spot the next couple days,hope all you folks have a good first of the year weekend..... Wave...........

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not so good here Mike---after being with me everywhere for 1 month shy of 17 years my best friend and companion Jack decided to die last night at 7:30-----hadn't been sick and now hes gone......Big empty spot left around here by the little dog that rode with me on the scooter in the pits at every race track in the country.....really sad day here.

Posts: 6259 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
fern;

So sorry to hear of your loss.

17 years is a long time to have such a friend.

Our thoughts are with you.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ken---its hard. I just keep looking for him in all the usual places and hes not there-----

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Oh man Fern so sorry to hear about Jack I know he meant a lot to you,hang in there pal,you got a pile of great memories of you and Jack,and those will never go away,take care..............

Hope everyone that's checking in here and the ones that are just lookers have a great weekend...............

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Morning Mike--its tough!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, I really feel for you. Been there. I've had my "Buddy" for 3 years now after losing "Chewy". Best thing I ever did was rescue a new pal. Give it some time and give somebody else a good home like you gave Jack.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,pretty nice day today as temps cool down the next few days,hopefully kill some germs around us................

Fern it's tough losing a friend like Jack but as Floyd says,in time and you'll know when,another great friend is waiting,just take your time,see ya'll afterwhile............. Wave..............

Oh and Chuck I can kinda understand how the steelers feel from racing all these years,somedays you're great,and somedays well let's just say,not too good............. Banging Head............

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
I just happened to check this thread today. So sorry to hear about Jack! We lost our big dog Abby back in June. I knew it would be awhile, but eventually we welcomed another dog into our lives. Our miniature dachshund was lonely. Now we have two.

Skye (left. Sometimes I call her Chunk or Fatback) just turned 8 months and has 3 pounds or so on Daisy (right. Also called Daisy Woo, Woodle, or any number of other names), who is going on 7 years.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5767 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ducky---you, Mike Hawks, and many others know that for 17 years that dog was with me every where I went. At home he was hardly ever more than a few feet away, usually right under my feet. When he was nearly killed by a Pit Bull that put 154 stitches in him, I slept on the floor with him every night till he recovered......Its just hard to suddenly have him gone........

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,a little bit cooler here this morning,haul a few logs while the ground is froze be done by lunch time,and then froze real hard tomorrow and for the next couple days,it's winter time,time to be cold kill germs and bugs,so I believe I'll grab a hold of it and get to it............ I'm stupid..............

Good you stopped by and said howdy Micheal,and Fern you hang in there,they will always be a hole where Jack was,but you will fill that hole when the time is right,that care my friend................ Double Thumbs up............

Well hope all my friends here have a great day and we'll see ya'll afterwhile............ Wave...................

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Keep warm Mike-----

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,yea Fern I'm going to stay warm,I worked our driveway yesterday with the tractor before it froze up and became impossible to smooth up,and I seemed to have got cold all over,especially my upper body,I finally got warm lastnight and then got hot and slept out from under the covers,feels like I'm achy all over,just what I need is to be sick when they are things to do.................. Banging Head...............

Well hope everybody can stay warm and let's remember our pets they get mighty cold even with the protection the Good Lord gives them,the house is going to seem like Noah's place tonight with single digits coming,lol............. Wink Wave...............

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You be careful Mike----That stuff is killing folks all over the country.....I had Flu and pnemonia (SP) shots and still got something.....Mama been sick for 2+ weeks. So you be careful.

And keep those pets warm----Jack never knew what cold was as he never lived outside. Hope they keep him warm up stairs tonight-----He sure kept me warm many a night.......

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone;

Well, looks like my racing "career" is over.

Got a call from the track Monday afternoon, wanting me to come out and move our rig off track property. Didn't have any idea why, but we are down in Rockport, without a car. Had to rent one, drive up early Tuesday Morning, and then spend about an hour getting everything ready to move.

Thought maybe we had worn out our welcome, but when we got there, ours was the only rig on the property. AND, all of the track's rolling stock was also gone. Track manager said there might be some legal action, and that they wanted everything gone before the place was pad locked.

Heard this morning from another thread on here that SAR is in foreclosure. I don't have any other information one way or the other, so really don't know.

BUT, it was getting difficult racing for us, and that was with everything already at the track and ready. All we had to do was back it out of the box, and go racing. I think if we have to tow anywhere, get all set up, go racing, and then load everything back up and tow home, that will put a fork in our racing.

Again, not sure the "fat lady" is singing or not, but if so, we have had an incredible racing life, and will always have so many great memories. The tracks in Colorado, SAR, and a few scattered around the country. Life continues to be good, and now I will have time to chase young women, drink old whiskey, and hide from Peg.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Happy New Year! Wasn't on the interwebz too much over the last week and a half or so, seeing family and friends. Had a great time with the family. My brother and I introduced his boys to Primanti sammiches, at the original Primanti's location here in the Strip District. Found out later that night that Sophia Vergara was there that day too, wish she had been there at the same time to sweep her off her feet. Big Grin

Fern, really sorry to hear about Jack. No doubt about it, you gave him a great home.

Michael, good to see you stopping by.

Ken, that stinks. Hate to lose tracks, even more so when it causes people to stop racing. I am glad you have a good attitude about it.

Michelle, I was a bit late with some getting out. You should be getting mail. Smile

Mike, yep, just wasn't the Steelers night Saturday. But, a lot of good memories this season, didn't expect that much of them. The team came together nicely and was entertaining. The Ravens are better than their record, and I hope they beat the Patriots.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Good morning all. Good chilly morning here in NC 9 degrees with a high below our nornal low today.

No matter mornings are always good till someone screws them up aboyut mid day.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! 9 actually sounds warm... 1 when I left the house this morning, with a -10 to -15 wind chill. I'm just glad the hot rod Cavalier wagon starts up in this stuff. Looking like no relief unti Sunday, when it might hit 30 again. The older I get, the more I prefer the temps to be closer to my age in the winter. Big Grin

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post