DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

Prayers for mom, Mike. Praying

My kids came up from Phoenix Friday to go to the LA County Fair. It got so hot Saturday my daughter spent most of the day at the infirmary recooping from the heat. It was 104* Saturday. It was 108* yesterday so they went home to Phoenix to escape the heat. Marty is in Scottsdale for a trade show and he said it was 114* there yesterday. It's supposed to be really hot again today so Buddy and I will probably be couch potatoes and run up the electric bill some more. It's supposed to start cooling off a little starting Wednesday or Thursday. Can't handle the heat like when I was younger. Make that a lot younger cause I was younger yesterday.
Y'all have a goodin! Praying Angel hug Snowman

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Beautiful stretch of weather, cool at night, warm sunny days... my favorite, just wish it wasn't so soon... because I know what's after it.

Floyd, I wish would could send you at least some of the rain we had this summer. That is plain old too hot. I would spontaneously combust. All that would be left is a pair of glasses on top of a smoldering pair of size 13s.

Prayers for mom, Mike, hope she's feeling better. Looked like you and Manny had some good fishing this weekend.

Michelle, tough round, oh so close to being dead on with a zero.

Had a good time yesterday at the Pirate game with Bob, Karen, Ashley, Mark and Beth and their boys, and our friends Mike, Rick, and Jen. Got to see a triple play in person! Ashley ran the bases after the game. Great stuff!

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all!
It's 83* all ready.
Mad Snowman

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Looks like the weather is clearing up some, going to be 67 or so. Just glad it will be dry, heading to the Red Sox-Pirates game tonight.

Floyd, that's pretty doggone warm for that early in the morning. Make sure Buddy keeps an eye on you, and doesn't let you get too active. Maybe take a nap. Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
The heat wave has finally broke. Only supposed to be 86* today. But it's supposed to go back up to 100 + in the next few days.
I might melt into my shoes.
Praying Angel hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening folks,been having some puter problems and could'nt get connected to be able to post but got the old dell out and seeing if I can get it going................... Double Thumbs up.............

Keep Mom in your prayers she's doing as good as can be expected for the condition she's in, but just keep our family in your prayers............... Praying.........................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good sunday morning folks,hope everyone has a great day............. Wave...........................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of John Farr 1107
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Mike, I hope your doing well!

Chasing The Fame, Keeps Them All In The Game, But Money's Still The Way They Keep Score.

Posts: 132 | Location: Wishing I hadn't sold the Racecar. | Registered: December 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hanging in there John, my moms not doing to good had to bring her home from hospitial and hospice was called in so shes resting at home.

Mannie and I are busy fishing some hadn't raced any this year just been tied up taking care of mom and Mannie,I sure hope you're doing good.............................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening folks,kinda late for the good morning thread but been a busy day here so onward and upward.................. Wave.........................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's my Monday so back to work for 3 long days.
Sorry about Mom, Mike. I hope she's resting comfortably. My prayers are with you.
Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Still in a beautiful stretch of weather, nice 70 degree sunny days, cool nights. Fall should be gorgeous here as the leaves start to turn in the next few weeks.

Was off for a few days, for bracket finals at PRP. I worked the water box for 5-6 hours each day Thursday and Friday, and felt it. I have to say good bye to my boots... they were old, then the traction at PRP helped peel the soles off! Duct tape got me through Thursday. Big Grin Team PRP won, and a bunch of our guys won in the gamblers, SSS, and main event.

It was bittersweet. On my way to the track Friday, my buddy Barry texted me and said it was probably his dad's last day. Barney went in to ICU late Wednesday night, and a scan Thursday found the mesothelioma was affecting the other lung. His respitory system was too damaged, and he passed away about 3pm Friday. Spent the day at the funeral home with Barry and his family. Lots of good stories going around. I'm glad he isn't in pain any more.

Mike, prayers for mom. Praying

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
This part of being an adult really sucks. Barry said yesterday was the worst day of his life, and I believe it. My dad is doing well, thankfully, and that makes it harder to imagine.

Barney really liked watching the Pirate games, so I'm hoping last night's playoff clincher brought him a smile. And I'll take a little "Angels In The Outfield" help too. Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening again folks,trying to figure out how to post on drr from my i-phone laptops been messing up again some days it works and somedays it don't so oh well.................

Thanks for the prayers Floyd and Chuck, moms doing ok shes sleeping alot and the peeks and valleys are getting more often they are coming closer every few days but we carry on and know that it's in Gods hand, and we sure do appriecate the prayers............... Praying............................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Looking like a great weather weekend here, for a great weekend at the track. Nostalgia weekend at PRP, great show, great time, and I'll be on the mic for a big chunk of it, starting with tonight's test and tune.

Mike, I'll stick with tin cans and string over those "smart" phones. Continued prayers for mom. Praying

It's the weekend, ice cream time! Go get some with family and friends.
Ice Cream Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good sunday morning Folks........... Wave....................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening folks,hope everyone is having a great Monday me it's raining around here today but no off days here plenty to do but we just lost power so just another bump in the road.............Wave.................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Back at it today. Took yesterday off, scheduled it ahead of time, knowing that it would be a busy weekend at the track. Worked the burnout box Friday night, announced Saturday and Sunday. It was our Nostalgia weekend, great time, awesome variety of cars.

I was hoping the Bucs could get the division, but at least the wild card game is here in Pittsburgh. Ya gotta belive!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of John Farr 1107
posted Hide Post
Just renewed my IHRA Competition License & Number for another year.

I guess I'm just being hopeful I can return to racing someday.

Chasing The Fame, Keeps Them All In The Game, But Money's Still The Way They Keep Score.

Posts: 132 | Location: Wishing I hadn't sold the Racecar. | Registered: December 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post