DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening again folks, been another hot one had a great day hauling logs and messing in the woods, had my first Wide open Wednesday, was great now ready for Thundering Thursday,ya'll have a gooden.................. Wave.................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
hey gang...go get one this weekend Chuck Car

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Warming up a little here today and tomorrow. Still hoping it stays dry.

Michelle, I'm sure hoping to! I'm thinking I'm driving through the converter. 1/8th mile this weekend, so I should be able to get through ok. Going to Charlotte next weekend?

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Happy Friday! Going to be a little on the warm side today, just hoping that the rain comes through late tonight/early morning, so we can race tomorrow.

Prayers needed for my buddy's dad. The cancer looks like it's spreading to the bones. They now face the choice of doing radiation for that, but to do so, have to stop chemo on the mesothelioma. Really hate cancer.

Ice cream time! You all have a great weekend.
Ice Cream

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
sending prayers Chuck, cancer sux.

Yes we are going to Charlotte can't wait, would like to find a SG ride but we will have fun in the Dragster regardless...have a great weekend all, it's ice cream time Cool

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Marty and I are at Bakersfield for the last Heritage race of the season. It's hot but the steakhouse is going to be real cool in a few minutes. This is our first long trip with the new trailer and the tow truck got 12.5 mpg coming up. That's great considering we had to go over the grapevine.

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, man if you're a duck you'll love our weather, having enough for everyone, supposed to be a little cooler this week, the humidity has been bad, but other than that everything is wonderful, ya'll have a great sunday and prayers all around.................. Wave........................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Monday morning folks, nice day to just lay around if you can and I can today, ya'll have a fine day......................... Wave......................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Nice couple of days going on here. Wish I could play hooky today and go out and enjoy them.

Michelle, did something happen to the Camaro? Or does the combo not work well for SG?

Floyd, how did it go over the weekend?

Hi Mike! Wave How is mom doing?

Our points series ended on Saturday. We got 1 round in before the rain came. Christine's son Mark won his second straight Top (box allowed) championship, by 1 point. Really impressive, he fought through an engine change, ran Vic Ellinger's Duster for a couple races, and is a mid 11s door car in a sea of dragsters. My buddies and teammates won Modified and Street points.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Glad that weekend is over. Truck couldn't run the number in the heat and driver couldn't hold up his end.
My buddy lost out on the championship in C/gas. He had a .021 light and ran 9.589 and lost to a .015 light and a 9.601 on the 9.60 index. He couldn't win as soon as he let go of the button.
It was hot but I guess that's the way it's supposed to be in Sept.
Oh, we weighed the rig and it came in at 20820 lbs all loaded. I don't think 12.5 mpg is all that bad.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
hey gang..Chuck it's just an awesome SST car but you have to be able to cut a light in SG, at least we won't have to worry about making the call to the lanes with one car lol

That's not bad at all Floyd, it's getting colder here now, and darker early, I'm not ready for it to be fall yet even though it's my fav time of year, time just flies by anymore

FurrRacing.com

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I know exactly what you mean, Michelle. I'm going to give up on the D/Gas class and go back to a sportsman tree in hot rod. Everybody in D/g cuts great lights and run right on the number. I'm out classed. Banging Head

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all!
Michelle, I'm with you... time going way too fast. I like fall as well, but am in no hurry for it to get here. Good luck this weekend!

Floyd, man, tough racing. I'd say 12.5mpg is pretty good too for your loaded weight. I hope hot rod treats you better.

Prayers going out to WAO.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Evening Everyone;

Well, been awhile since I posted. Really haven't had much to say, or at least anything worth the electrons to get it there.

Anyway, been busy. Lots of broke stuff, plus a lot of pokin' and proddin' at SAMMC and the VA. So far, it's all good. Have an appointment when I get back to see my main Doc.

Oh, forgot to mention, going up to Fredericksburg for a week for some R & R. Also, making a test trip with the Jayco, just to see how it goes. It has been in outdoor storage for almost two years now. Hoping the tires hold up. Had a few small issues like a couple water leaks, a couple loose wires and such, but we got it all handled, and in about 5 minutes, I am gonna hop into my jammies and vegg for awhile. Tomorrow, about two hour trip and set up, and more vegging.

OK, gotta go.

Let you know how things went when we get back.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's still hot out here. Kinda glad the season is over for me. Not going to make the ET finals. Skipped races 6-7 cause it was too hot and did last Heritage race instead of ET 7-8 races. Gonna put the old hay hauler up on jackstands as soon as I get it out of the trailer. Got a new fiberglas bumper for the front and need Marty to fabricate some aluminum brackets when he can find some time. That will get a couple of pounds off the old turd.
Kids from Phoenix coming home this weekend to go to the LA County Fair. Biggest count fair in the country. Me, I'll stay home with Buddy in the ac.
Y'all have a gooden. Michelle I'll be watchin and listening. Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Can't see nothin' in front of me
Can't see nothin' coming up behind
Make my way through this darkness
I can't feel nothing but this chain that binds me
Lost track of how far I've gone
How far I've gone, how high I've climbed
On my back's a sixty pound stone
On my shoulder a half mile of line

- Bruce Springsteen, "The Rising"

Have you forgotten all the people killed?
Some went down like heros in that Pennsylvania field
Have you forgotten about our Pentagon?
All the loved ones that we lost and those left to carry on

- Daryl Worley, "Have You Forgotten?"

Did you open your eyes, hope it never happened
Or close your eyes and not go to sleep?

- Alan Jackson, "Where Were You (When The World Stopped Turning)?"

I won't forget today
Sun is bright, sky is blue, yeah
I won't forget to pray
Day is night, the world is new, yeah

The pain will go away
In another year or two
In a hundred years or two
In a thousand year or two

- The Clarks, "Hey You"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening folks, been another hot day around Cana, supposed to cool off tomorrow hopefully it will, keep Mom in your prayers we had to take her back to the ER tonight she has grathered so much fluid she was in pain they'll probably keep her through the weekend and get the fluid off, but she'd drather be at home, see ya'll later........................ Praying Wave......................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for mom, Mike.
Praying

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Thank Chuck she's still in the hospitial I figure for a few days more this old fluid problem just won't let her be, it's just the dieses she has, please continue to pray for her.................... Praying.........................

Well hope ya'll have a fine day and hopefully this rain front will move on and bring us some fall weather................. Wave..............................