DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all.... weather in SW is been very nice lows in the mid 40s highs from 80 to 72..... this weekend we should be getting some rain and cold temps with it lows in the 30s highs 50s and 60s..... LOL I sure you guys on the East Coast would be wearing your shorts and short sleeve shirts....

You'll Have A Great Week.....

YESS

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Come on MAN! It started snowing here at 7am and its 5:45 now and 9in of snow and still snowing.....weatherman predicted 1-2in.....So I spent the day in the warm garage with the race car doing not much....hope everyone is good and warm

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Afternoon Y'all,
Today was another C of C day. But, Momma Nature is going to pay us back in the next few days. Temperature is supposed to drop 20* in the day and down to near freezing at night.
You can guess what Woody and I are going to be doing.
Y'all have a gooden!

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Weather was decent this weekend. Should be good for the next couple days in the 50s. Half tempted to drive the mustang even though registration is out.

By the way, go EAGLES.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got warm here yesterday and most of the snow has melted. Red Springs about 70 mi South of here where it did not snow was racing yesterday. Imagine that, an unsanctioned track races while all these other NC tracks are silent. Everyone have a good day. That's right 1258--GO EAGLES

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! It was a busy weekend at the car show. Lots of people since it was a pretty warm weekend here for January. Good to see friends and talk racing, and have a bite. It's making me jones now.

Nick, yep, about now, that's shorts weather. We're back into winter for a couple of days, but the weekend looks decent.

Floyd, I hope you weathered the weather ok, hunkered down with a good bottle of something.

1258, for sure, go Eagles! ANYONE but the #$%^&^@ Patriots.

Fern, nice that you have all those tracks, but a shame none of them are running that much.

You all have a good week!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening all... been a couple cold nights for us down here in the desert SW... Monday morning went to breakfast at 8 AM and was a chilly 28... burrrrr.... then this morning at 4 Am when I left home 29 .... Funny Thursday the high is going to be 80 degrees how about that.

Chuck, this weekend going to be a busy one for me... Saturday and Sunday at Wild horse Pass I'll be doubling up with a S/ST and a Super Pro team race , That's 4 gate fees and 4 entry fees ...Whose counting , going to be a long day as they also have Jrs.and also Arizona Super Comp too... Talk about action packed. I have one friend who will be running Pro , Super pro, and Comp. what a wild man....

Floyd, been kind of cold in SoCa , low in the 40s and high 30s. Hope you got a warm spot for Woody....

Fern, You getting the car ready for some nice weather or what??

Have A Great Hump Day All.....

Two down three to go.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thought car was ready but crawled under it and discovered a tooth off of the flywheel. Never noticed it starting but go to get it fixed. Getting eye worked on tomorrow so I can see the tree a little better. Weather has been nice here for the last few days. Looks like a lot of racing out in the SW. Chuck those car shows are always fun in the winter. Ours is in Feb in Greensboro. Waiting to see what the racing is going to be in NC this year.....tracks changing sanction etc and not much info leaking out. We will see. Everyone have a good day

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks just dropped in to say hey and to say Mannies finally home for good what a deal I’m glad it’s over. We’re having the up and down weather and been lucky had a few sinus problems but not nothing real bad. Hope you all have a great day. See you around.

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Glad he is home Mike. I know you are.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Shirt sleeve weather here today. Hit the outside things that have been neglected. Need to get to race car so I will be ready when the time comes----where is everyone?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern, find that tooth and put a little JB Weld on it and you're good to go. Ya got 167 others.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My friend told me to take my mig welder and weld it up and then grind it into the correct size and contour. Considering some of the things I have welded in the past that might just work---but no thanks. Just need to get motivated to get it done. Sun is up this morning.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! I hope you're all off to a good weekend. Decent weather for Pittsburgh in January, 50 today, mid 40s tomorrow. I want to check the race car and make sure I have enough antifreeze in it after the super cold snap we had. I hope we're out of that weather, and back to average winter. My gas bill was the highest I've had since I bought the house.

Mike, so glad Mannie is back home where he belongs. Rest well, kick that sinus stuff out. Chicken noodle soup with some dashes of hot sauce always helps me. But, I always think hot sauce helps everything. Big Grin

Nick, good luck this weekend! I'm getting the itch, so I have to live vicariously through you for a couple of months.

Fern, the car show was good for it being winter, but I'm starting to really want it to be over. I want to race. Send some of that shirt sleeve weather up here. When are you racing next?

You all have a great weekend! Ice cream time!
Relaxing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern,
A few years ago we had the truck up on the rack looking at the missing tooth on the flexplate. One of our buddies came in and asked what we were going to do. I told him we were going to JB Weld it back on. He came in a couple of days later and asked if we had fixed it. I told him yeah, JB Weld. He believed me. But Chico was a 12 pack of Miller Lite a day guy.
True story!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That might work--JB has saved me many times over the years. I got to get my a$$ up and get started on it pretty soon they are already racing some around here at the outlaw tracks. Raining this morning

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
We changed the flexplate. We were just screwing with Chico. Miller Lite got him in trouble a couple of times. There was one time when he started to mouth off about buying a race car. One of the guys in the shop had two Brogie roadsters. Chico said he wanted the yellow and purple one and Jim said break out your checkbook. Chico still owns it but Jim drives it. It's a really nice car.
Another true story.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ordered a new flex plate last night. Maybe I can wish it in place and avoid the work Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's the hard part. A lot of work to change such a small part. I assume you have a lift?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
HEY GUYS!

Eagles this weekend if you're a sports fan. Thinking about going to Philly Auto Show with wife and kids to check out what's available. Thinking about upgrading the SUV for one with captains chairs. I also have about 4 or 5 possible leads this year for my real estate gig. This very well could be a decent year for me. Hope you all are doing well.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post